Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyMammoth View Post
    Instead of pre-ordering (the bonus DLC), I'll wait about a year for the game to be patched, then pick both the game and DLC up on sale (if I buy it all), and save more money that way. Save money and needless frustration.

Thanks for the announcement though. The current offer is not interesting at all, and of no value to me. Way overpriced for what is basically an expansion for Rome II (and of which none of the things will be backported).
    This announcement has not convinced me to pre-order, if anything it has turned me off from the game. Just some feedback to your marketing and communication team.
    That's a lot of complaints in one post. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

I think you would have a 39,99 euros right to complain or to say it is marvelous, and more information to say any of those things. Another thing is that experience tells us that previews are not 100% accurate. I would add that even reading the opinions of the players once the release has happened is a doubtful thing as some people may like it very much and other may not at all. At the end it is at your own risk to buy now or then or not to buy it. What we can ask for is more information, trustable information, about what we are deciding to buy.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 24, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

The game is not even out and there's already a Day 1 historicly innacurate DLC.

Bravo CA.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Really? Pre-order? You dare to... bah, never mind. People will fall for it anyway....

On the other hand this time you do seem to have a real jewel in your hands. Please don't ruin it.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Didnt expected it to be so soon. Timing will be either very stupid because people have spent all their cash in the steam sale, or very brilliant because they are bored of their winter purchases.

Im in the first category

I saw one thing of interest in the trailer. I know the battle scenes are largely scripted for the theatrics needed to make them look good, but at some point two combatants had lost their weapons and were duking it out with their fists--well--more like the Norseman was pounding the other guy (Roman maybe?) in the face with his fists. I wonder if this means we might see a rare but occasional unarmed fight. It's something that has never been depicted in any TW game although it's certain it would happen in the heat of battle, and I'm still waiting to hear more about the feature of having civilians populate the game to some extent.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    I saw one thing of interest in the trailer. I know the battle scenes are largely scripted for the theatrics needed to make them look good, but at some point two combatants had lost their weapons and were duking it out with their fists--well--more like the Norseman was pounding the other guy (Roman maybe?) in the face with his fists. I wonder if this means we might see a rare but occasional unarmed fight. It's something that has never been depicted in any TW game although it's certain it would happen in the heat of battle, and I'm still waiting to hear more about the feature of having civilians populate the game to some extent.

Cheers
    It's an old animation. There have been no new animations shown as far as I've seen.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi Will,

Can we expect some demo before we decide to pre-purchase? Personally i would like to buy this game if siege frame drops and unit stuttering are solved.

Thanks

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Do provide a link please.
    I think he means that: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ative-assembly
    Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Didnt expected it to be so soon.
    They announced it from the start, then they took it down, they announced it again, after that they took it down again and today, here we go, it's announced for the last time (I hope)

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Pre-order bonus DLC (for $8) three months before the $40 base game is released? After arguably the most unprofessional TW release in history? I'll pass. On all of it.

Although I will give a round of applause for the balls SEGA has (bet they still don't release a playable demo)...

Remember Carthage
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    I don't think so. He claimed about Greek city states DLC. The link is concerning the Camel Cataphracts and DLCs in general. The link actually has CA pointing out that units for DLCs are often based on content that was made before the release that they didn't like much (which were improved later on). Your link pretty much proves him wrong. Thanks for that.
    The Armenian Issue

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    From my point of view it does not matter. Everyone will make our will.
    I think you miss the joke both of them were having :) I mean come on, how the hell are they serious :)))

on topic: I need a video showcasing the game + features in twitch or youtube form!!!!!
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I think you miss the joke both of them were having I mean come on, how the hell are they serious ))

on topic: I need a video showcasing the game + features in twitch or youtube form!!!!!
    I do not think so, as it is not a new joke.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    I do not think so, as it is not a new joke.
    your reply was just so serious

I want a damn up to date video showcasing the gameplay + features!
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    Pre-order bonus DLC (for $8) three months before the $40 base game is released? After arguably the most unprofessional TW release in history? I'll pass. On all of it.

Although I will give a round of applause for the balls SEGA has (bet they still don't release a playable demo)...

Remember Carthage
    Yeah in no way will there ever be a Demo, it would'nt sell that way .
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    What is it that I said? What claim of mine requires sources? You're merely shooting excuses probably because you made a vague claim that isn't really supported by reality. I'm sorry if you find it problematic that I'm not taking what you say at face value. Up to you though. Just because we make stuff up does't make them the reality.
    its pretty obvious that time and resources were being used to make the viking factions as a dlc, alongside the development of the main game. like you said the developers don't have a time machine where they can go back in time and release a day one dlc from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    They announced it from the start, then they took it down, they announced it again, after that they took it down again and today, here we go, it's announced for the last time (I hope)
    the classic case of the left hand not knowning what the right foot is doing. mismanagement at its finest
    Last edited by RedGuard; November 24, 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    its pretty obvious that time and resources were being used to make the viking factions as a dlc, alongside the development of the main game. like you said the developers don't have a time machine where they can go back in time and release a day one dlc from the future.
    Umm, sure. You're supporting something that nobody opposed.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    Brits could be added in DLC still. Since many factions are starting without any territory, the map doesn't rule out anyone. The Germanic tribes that invade Britain and become the English are already included though. The Romanized Britons of this time are more important than the Iceni at the start of R2. The maps of territory being shown could be wrong too, there might be a city or two in Britain that WRE doesn't hold. Remember in R2 Macdon and Epirus were both given Thessaly on their maps. Britons aren't that likely in BI2 though still possible. And there is always mods, well hopefully there will be..that is still "to be confirmed".
    I, like you and Sharpe, really due hope they add the Romano-Britons/ Britons/ 'Celtic' Britons/ Brythons/ Combrogi (whatever you want to call them) into Attila.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'll stick my manhood trophy in a blender before I pre-order... Rome 2 launch anyone?

*Anticipates the fan boys queuing up*

That and the fact I'll get it dirt cheap on G2A after release, cheaper than the DLC paid on top even.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

So soon?
    Then there's a little glare of light, a bit of hope. Instead of releasing a beta like Rome II, then maybe they'll release the way way prealpha version, awesome like thr Carthage siege we all know about.
    Believe people, believe!
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast