Thread: [WIP] Medieval Kingdoms Music Sub-Mod

Icon4 [WIP] Medieval Kingdoms Music Sub-Mod

Hi all, as im sure a lot of you will know ive made two pretty successful music mods for regular Rome 2. I have been in contact with warman222, in regards to a medieval music pack that i am just putting the finishing touches on.

Depending on what steam will let me do, Mod will either be hosted on mediafire or steam workshop.

Youtube Preview below :

http://youtu.be/LFl6Cl13dEc

Current Features:

3 Distinct Music sets (limited by Rome 2 preset cultures)

European - Any faction and/or culture that was previously associated with barbarians/nomads now has this European music set, its a bit darker and more gritty then the others.
    Mediterranean - Any factions and/or culture that was previously associated with Greek/Romans now has this music set, A lighter touch then European with some crusading elements.
    Arabic - Any factions and/or culture that was previously associated with East/African now has this set, Quite traditional sounding with some great vocals

Battle:

Correctly working transitional battle music. Music will only switch back to tension if out of battle area (beyond audio range essentially) for more then 30 secs (so no music changing every time you zoom away!)
    Multiple Tracks for battle/tension sets as well as victory/loss music that plays into the loading screen.

Campaign:

I am aware this mod does not have a campaign yet, but finger crossed, so for now ive throw a few placeholders in (this mod can be used without Kingdoms to hear them).
    Loading Music, prebattle, menu music and custom battle all have custom music.
    LOTS of credits songs, which are all campaign songs so people can have a listen.

As with all my mods, i hope you all enjoy them, if you have any feedback, please feel free to post here.

I will not be posting a track list, but you can PM me for one if you wish it.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Tyso3; November 24, 2014 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: [WIP] Medieval Kingdoms Music Sub-Mod

YT Preview added

A well-done preview, with high-quality music both familiar and new! I'm excited as to what other music you have in store! Based on the preview, I would make the one qualification that I think that the Latin Empire should have Mediterranean instead of Middle Eastern music, since its heartland at the beginning was centered in Greece, Macedonia and Thracia, which could all be considered "Mediterranean".

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Giovanni View Post
    A well-done preview, with high-quality music both familiar and new! I'm excited as to what other music you have in store! Based on the preview, I would make the one qualification that I think that the Latin Empire should have Mediterranean instead of Middle Eastern music, since its heartland at the beginning was centered in Greece, Macedonia and Thracia, which could all be considered "Mediterranean".

I totally agree, however youll have to talk to the mod developer as he has apparently modded an eastern culture (or left default as he does not have a campaign so its not really relevant)

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

great work definitly worth to wait, medieval 2 music mod is the best
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

STELLover's Avatar Senator

you know you can use medieval 2 music? Its from Creative Assembly anyway

also you should copy music from M2TW STainless Steel mod

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hi Tyso3 when this epic music mod finally out , i am realy itching to hear medieval 2 music in my rome 2
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

didnt like all of the new tunes. Why dont make it just Medieval 1 and 2 TW Music soundtracks only? Its almost 5 hours of constant epic music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgPdN_oW6Zs
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 25, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4 A good track which certainly creates "atmosphere"

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Feel free to use stuff from my music overhaul(link in signature).
    I also highly recommend music from the Magyar mod.