Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [General Discussion] Telltale's Game of Thrones Game

Default Re: [General Discussion] Telltale's Game of Thrones Game

That's basically the entire game you've just described however, they are already forcing their story on us. We only have the illusion of choice.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

ah, isnt choice always an illusion?

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

The Walking Dead Season 2 ends sort of variably, but so much of it ignores your own input. I don't really doubt it'll be the same, but I'd like for them not to cheat about how they go around placing your destiny.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Eh, I've gone over this before, but having actual player choice in a game like this is nearly impossible. Generally one needs to go into Telltale games (or any game like this really) with a grain of salt, knowing you're getting a very good linear experience, with a few twists and turns throughout. Sure, kinda disappointing knowing you don't have total freedom, but that's just a reality of game development.

It's Telltale. They are a small-ish company and can only do so much. The story, no matter how guided, is still a good story.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

I think what's more important than choice is the illusion of choice. I don't care if my input doesn't actually matter, as long as I feel like it mattered.

I like what Telltale is doing but I'm worried they're stretching themselves thin. Actively they're working on Game of Thrones, Borderlands, and freaking Minecraft and I assume that they're doing something like Wolf Among Us 2 or Walking Dead Season 3.

As for the episode; it helped me rekindle interest in the story because I kind of didn't realize episode 3 was out for a few weeks before playing it.

Iron from Ice

Ice -> Iron

Ice = water

water to iron

THE NORTH GROVE IS AN ALCHEMY LAB DESIGNED TO CONVERT ICE AND SNOW INTO IRON FOR WEAPONS!!!!

Vahir's Avatar Miles

New episode. I told Ludd to stick his threats up his . Maergery saw Mira at the party, though- She's so very fired.

What I want to know is, how the hell did Ramsay get past the "elite guard"? I mean, maybe the traitor opened the gates, but where are the corpses? The Bolton soldiers? Argh, the ending was so damn unsatisfying.
    Last edited by Vahir; May 26, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

I hate the Ramsey parts because I 100% would have and could have killed him right there if he didn't have plot armor. Of course, it made no difference that I left the elite guard behind to defend the wall with bows, but that's Telltale for ya. I can only hope bringing them with you s up the negotiations so at least its not completely dumb.

Other than that, I really liked it. Me and Sara are BFFLs so she covered for me and I got all the blackmail I needed to find out exactly what is going on. North of the wall kinda irks me, but I felt like Beska's conflict is compelling enough, and the sequence satisfying. I really enjoyed all of Ironwrath and the negotiation. He might be a bastard, but Ludd is no Frey.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Maybe Ramsay used a tunnel or something to get in? It's really annoying me how no matter how many defenses I put in Ironrath, he can always just waltz in whenever he likes.

But why is he there? Shouldn't he be at the Dreadfort? Roose Bolton should still be trapped below the Neck because Ramsey hasn't been legitimized yet, and he's just doing what exactly? There's no way he got a raven from Whitehill, and then rushed like a loyal bannerman to singlehandedly occupy Ironwrath. Did he come on his own accord? Doesn't he have Reek to occupy his time? And he's confirmed to hold his residence in the Dredfort (TV show cannon here) so he's not just hanging around the ruins of Winterfell.

Obviously we'll get the answer next time, but I just cannot comprehend why he's there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahir View Post
    What I want to know is, how the hell did Ramsay get past the "elite guard"?
    30 of them too not counting the Glenmore son and surely a good handful (10 at least) of Forrester guards once the place was reclaimed. The only explanation for it happening so one-sided would be the Glenmore's betraying you, but I really find that hard to believe. I have another question too; who opened the gate for Rodrik and then just... didn't rush down to explain to his lord what happened and that Snow was here? On another note did anyone think that Dany was being more disagreeable than normal? Maybe she warms up to you? Your uncle was a Targaryen loyalist so surely she'd accept Asher once he proves himself? He's had to prove himself more than Mormont ever did.

It'll be interting to hear what Ramsay has to say about himself. I still don't believe Roose would've been at all happy with what happened to Ethan. "We cant rule the North on fear alone"

Well there was blood on the ground so maybe Ramsay took the place in a bloody battle and then cleaned up all the bodies? Or he used stealth like he did at the Battle of Winterfell? I'm kinda miffed that it resets all the work we just did, but that's kinda GoT for you. Out of curiosity, can discount-Rickon (or anyone else) die if you attack Lord Whitehill? I took the deal seeing as the alternatives don't look promising and I can always betray him later if needs be.

Also, this seems to imply that the Maester isn't the traitor seeing as he was being tortured. Or maybe Griff just didn't know? Also, Lord Whitehill wasn't informed of what happened to Griff, so his informant can't be all that good. Maybe it was just a ploy to get you to the table?

Finally, I'm not familiar with the specifics of guest right, but it seems like Lord Whitehill could send you on your way and then send out men to capture you, bring you back, and maybe swap you or your mom for Griff. Or does Guest Right apply to the whole trip?

I didn't notice any blood and it seems uncharacteristic of Ramsay to hide bodies, he'd flay and display them assuming he had that many men under his command and again assuming he could somehow take the castle by stealth against 30-40 well trained guards. + Neither the guest can harm his host nor the host harm his guest for the length of the guest's stay, it says nothing about allowing the guest to leave and then betraying him, but if your willing to do that then your willing to brake the law outright anyway since nobody in the North is going to say Oh well, that's ok then. There is really little point trying to explain Telltale via logic, they will do what they must to tell the story.

Should we next point out how utterly stupid it is that the Glenmore's were sending 30 guardsmen via ship to the Reach? They would have to sail past the Iron Islands... Like I said, Telltale logic.

I'm gonna be really generous and say that maybe they were gonna sail south to Flint's Finger or Seaguard, and then march the rest of the way? Still doesn't explain why they're going there though...

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I didn't notice any blood and it seems uncharacteristic of Ramsay to hide bodies, he'd flay and display them assuming he had that many men under his command and again assuming he could somehow take the castle by stealth against 30-40 well trained guards.
    There was definitely blood, and some spent arrows, but no corpses. How annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    I'm gonna be really generous and say that maybe they were gonna sail south to Flint's Finger or Seaguard, and then march the rest of the way? Still doesn't explain why they're going there though...
    The Glenmores are a Reach house, I think. That's why Maergery has influence over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahir View Post
    There was definitely blood, and some spent arrows, but no corpses. How annoying.
    The Glenmores are a Reach house, I think. That's why Maergery has influence over them.
    I saw the arrows and a little blood, nothing worthy of a fight between 30/40+ men but again, this is Telltale. They are also NOT a Reach house, they are seated in the Rills on the edge the Wolfswood. The entire thing with them having connections with the Reach is utterly insane and merely a convenient excuse to give us a PoV in King's Landing that would otherwise make even less sense than it already dose with the made up connections. On a different note I seriously want them to just toss out HBO's canon and allow the story to flow more with our choices. HBO has already tossed out the book canon so why not do the same? It would remove plot armor.

I'm done tho. Is really nothing more I have to say about this episode, was overall better than the previous I believe and remains a good story. I accepted long ago that Telltale is Telltale and they have their limitations.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Have just played through the episode and it was really good, only the end was unsatisfying. Finding Ramsay in the great of of Ironrath with no living soul anywhere except Talia is really odd, I expect some good explanation in the next episode. I guess it would be too perfect to end the episode with Forresters finally securing their home but at least it was enjoyable dealing with Whitehills. Must say that this game really holds me on nerves, don't remember many games doing that so its definitely good.

Most I enjoyed playing Mira in King's Landing and get involved in "southern's lords games" of intrigues and lies. The next best scene was in Highpoint, was already expecting next Red Wedding but at least they spared us with killing new Forresters (for now). Essos and north of the Wall were also intense so looking forwards towards the next episode already.
    Wouldn't mind if the episodes were longer but at least we have them.
    TATW HS Community Award