Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [General Discussion] Telltale's Game of Thrones Game

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [General Discussion] Telltale's Game of Thrones Game

I meant before meeting with Eleana. Rodrik seems to have had to have been reminded that the person existed. It got a little more natural for them as the scene goes on.

I'm probably used to The Walking Dead where you never meet anyone you know prior to the start of the game.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, I agree it's still a good game, it's just that all the above problems really bothered me. That's especially true for the first half of the episode where very little happens, leaving me more time to stew on plot holes.

Though BTW, I can actually buy the Forrester girl being one of Margery's handmaidens on the grounds that her mom was from the Reach and probably still had some friends there.

Either way, I hope they ramp up the intrigue for the rest of the season. Plus, if this goes to Season 2 I really hope to get a "Jaime" in there (a playable Whitehill who has a character arc to make him a "good" guy, while still fighting on the other side). One of the nice parts of GoT is that the characters are all on different sides of the war, so it's not just a "good guys" vs. "bad guys" thing. Here it's a house of pure and noble northerners against a house of despicable southern heretics, with little overlap (though hopefully that Whitehill girl will provide a bit of this). Again though, I still enjoyed it.

PS: Definitely check out Tales from the Borderlands. It's quite enjoyable, especially if you're into Borderlands already.

Regardless of all the complaints being thrown around, I am more interested in where the story goes after playing Episode 2, which means they're doing something right.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

The first episode would have been flawless in my book had it been set in the book universe instead of the show universe. I was left cringing at the small things, like when the northerners were cheering for their upcoming attack of Casterly Rock.

Episode 1 was good
    EPISODE 2 WAS ING AWSOME A FOOKIN LEGEND!!!!!!!

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I felt like Episode 2 was sort of a filler - it was good, but nothing really exciting happened and it set the stage for future events. I am curious to see if by giving 50% of the ironwood and securing the marriage I will be able to save\help house Ironwood.

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Well if you can get the Ironwood exclusivity contract from the crown (unlikely considering the proximity to the wedding), they'd have to sell through you anyway.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

So, new episode.

Staying down and submitting to Gryff was damn hard, I kept wanting to punch that bastard in the face. I only managed to go through with it by thinking of how I'll stab him in the back later.

Any thoughts on who the traitor is? In my opinion, Duncan is the least likely to be betraying the foresters (He just knows too much, helps too much, and is constantly working to avoid the war the Whitehills want), and Ser Royland is the most likely (given how he's been constantly trying to provoke that war).

I thinking that maester is the traitor. Royland is strange and want fight but i think its ony thing he can. As to the episode. Dragon

I don't think its Royland he is too honorable and if he was the traitor he wouldn't show that he doesn't agree with some of the choices you make.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Well, now that I think of it, they'll probably make it so that the traitor is whoever you didn't make your sentinel: So for me, who chose Duncan, the traitor's Royland, but other people would have the inverse.

I think its the Maester, Royland is far to loyal, and Duncan seems too unlikely.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

I think its your mom!

No seriously, my guess is they went with the whole "Catelyn's an idiot" dynamic where Lord Whitehill cut a deal with her where she would report on your meetings and in return he promises to return her son. Seems in keeping with the source material at least. The Maester could also be it, but I kinda doubt it. As for the whole Sentinel thing, I could see Duncan reporting you if you skipped over him, but Royland would rather stab lord Whitehill with a red hot poker so it really couldn't be him.

Either that, or you're a cyborg who's been conditioned to subconsciously report on your family's plans and that's why you were sent north after the Red Wedding. It would explain why you survived the 3 month journey with no food or water...

I'll be highly disappointed if it's the mother and they pull a Catelyn. The situation is not the same. Cat never put Robb in direct danger by informing the Lannisters of his battle plans, while in this situation your mother would be putting her eldest son, daughter and home in direct danger for the empty promise of keeping a different son safe; and she dose this even if Rodrik plans to save the boy. It's either the Maseter or it's all complete bull and lies on that Whitehill girls part. All she did was say "I know you plan to act against Gryff even if it means putting Ryan in danger." And then your response gave her all the proof she'd need. There may not be a traitor at all.

It however wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a Catelyn because they're too lazy to come up with a fresh plot. It would suck, but i can see it happening.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Well, the problem with that is that I assume that it's the traitor who let in Ramsay Snow's little army into Ironrath (Seriously, I ordered those gates bared, this had better be a case of treason, or shame on Telltale). That was before Ryon was captured. And conveniently, the person you didn't chose as your sentinel is "absent".

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I think it's the Maester. That guy looks like a shady prick to me.
    I'm curious to see what the North Grove is, i'm totally deserting the Watch to check it out.

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    i'm totally deserting the Watch to check it out.
    I don't think the game is going to give us a choice in deserting or not. It'll be one of those forced moments.

Just played it, like it as usual.

The thing is that it's obviously the Otegryn, but that's TOO obvious. Like, Duncan is pretty much safe considering how much he knows about the foresters and it'd be weird if he were. Ser Royland almost cries at Gregor's funeral for Old Gods' sake. Then its the maester who has done nothing but heal and pry into Gared's knowledge of Gregor's death. As of right now it'll either be too obvious or the other traitor will seem way to out of the blue (with the current info that is).

Or there is no traitor, the girl could have easily been lying and acting as a spy. All she had to do was say "My father knows you plan to stop Gryff even if it means endangering Ryans life" and wait for your response, that instantly gives away wherever or not her words rang true and she could report back to her father, then using her visit to the funeral as good faith, she asks you to bend and do what her brother commands you to do.

She also brought a dagger to the meeting, why? She could easily be lying and attempting of soften your resolve. EDIT: Her 'fathers' men also showed up father conveniently (and loudly) before you could get details from her.

A fair point, but then the game would be cheating because she can also say something along the lines of "My father knows you plan to get Ryon back, even if it means giving your house up to Griff".
    I will say that I don't trust her, but I see it more likely she has a spy and is leading you on to trust her by leaking the info she wants you to know she knows, than her fabricating a story that dynamically fits the decision you made in the woods. If that is the case, I'd be mad because it would be totally unfair that she would have variable information based on gameplay decisions without story reasons to back it up.