Thread: [HS] The Last Stand of Dwarves and Men [Discussion]

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default [HS] The Last Stand of Dwarves and Men [Discussion]

Hola, I came up with this radical idea which could only work with these two factions since they are right beside each other. During the War of the Ring Erebor and Dale were attacked by Rhun. Why not if we re-create that but add a little more challenge into because Rhun isn't the best in this game.

My proposal is Dwarves/Dale vs Rhun/OOTMM/SE/Mordor?

I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in this and any ideas you may have.

TA 3019 - Sam and Frodo were killed In Cirith Ungol by morgul rats. The one ring in the hands of Sauron. The armies of Gondor and Rohan lay in ruin, the line of stewards ended, Aragorn, the heir to the throne slain by the Witch King along with Gimli and Legolas. Swiftly the orcs conquered the lands of middle earth. Haradrim sale up coast towards the Grey Havens, orcs from the misty mountains siege Rivendell. Even the power of Galaadriel was not enough to defy the will of sauron. King Thranduil, grieving for the loss of his son was corrupted by Sauron and sparked in his heart a hatred for the Dwarves and men of Dale. Sauron sends hordes of Orcs from the Misty Mountains, Easterlings from the South, and a force of corrupted Elves to destroy the last kingdom of middle earth to oppose him.

Map - COMING SOON

Factions -

Dwarves -
    Dale -
    Rhun -
    Silvan Elves
    OOTMM -
    Mordor ???? -

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [HS] The Last Stand of Dwarves and Men [Discussion]

Interesting idea Gimli. I'd be concerned about balance though since it seems the evil force is much more powerful than Dale-Dwarves. Rhun-OotMM-SE against Dale-Dwarves may work if SE only has TH. I'd expect Dale-Dwarves to rush SE and quickly defeat them which may make them a boring faction to play A DG only Mordor could be swapped for SE and SE turned rebel instead.

Alternatively, if you'd like to do a war in the northeast you could do Rhun-OotMM-Mordor (DG only) vs Dale-Dwarves-SE.

Sounds like fun. I would be up for playing any faction

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

JWANT is right, this is incredibly unbalanced. Not even worth trying.

The idea of the wars between Dwarves, men of Dale and Easterlings is nice though. So you have those 3 factions you would like to participate. Dwarves + Dale vs Rhun. You know Dwarves and Dale teamed up will easily defeat Rhun, so what you have to do is compensate Rhun for this. Giving them OotMM as ally still changes nothing because D+D can still swiftly conquer Rhun and then turn to OotMM.

So there has to be a faction close to D+D to possibly attack them in their back or a faction that can support Rhun in defense mode, or Rhun has to be increased in strength significantly.

All depends on what your ideas/plans with the HS are.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

What about skipping the first 50 turns and going from there? It would give access to good units which would balance things out. I remember that we were trying to do something like this a couple years back.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Ok, so after I posted my comment, I had a thought. What if Joe and me team up and play as Dwarves and Dale? Usually players don't want to play against us as a team, so perhaps with this kind of balance, we could try it

So @everyone who wants to participate: How many factions do you think is fair? 4? (OotMM, SE, Mordor, Rhun) or 3? And should Mordor participate, only Dol Guldur or the full faction?
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah