Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ISIS captures town in Libya

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: ISIS captures town in Libya

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Well, has gotten real in the past 24 hours. Reuters: Egypt bombs Islamic State targets in Libya after 21 Egyptians beheaded.
    Two hours ago -Egyptian warplanes staged a second wave of airstrikes against ISIS targets in Libya on Monday in retaliation -Egypt launches second wave of airstrikes on ISIS in Libya .
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Two hours ago -Egyptian warplanes staged a second wave of airstrikes against ISIS targets in Libya on Monday in retaliation -Egypt launches second wave of airstrikes on ISIS in Libya .
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/26/wo...irstrikes.html
    last summer

I would be suprised to see boots on the ground.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post

In North Africa? Invasion of British colonies.

Libya prior to WWII, after 20 years of struggle, was a story of success in colonial experiences (as much colonies can be).

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Where's Gaddafi when you need him? I assume those terrorists who allign themselves to ISIS are former 'rebels' who fought against Gaddafi and received airstrikes from the west to remove him

Veritas Temporis Filia

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

All current factions fighting in Libya are former rebels including the secular government battling the Islamists.

If Gaddafi was so stable his country wouldn't have fallen into civil war in the first place.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    All current factions fighting in Libya are former rebels including the secular government battling the Islamists.

If Gaddafi was so stable his country wouldn't have fallen into civil war in the first place.
    In the first and last time you will ever see me defend Gaddafi, his government really didn't stand a chance amid the 2011 Arab Spring that engulfed the entire region from Tunisia to Egypt, Syria and Yemen. Once the genie (of insurrection) was out of the box there was no putting him back in. Gaddafi was able to ensure stability through harsh and cruel authoritarian rule so long as people weren't inspired by some larger movement. Then the Arab Spring came...

100% certain that Egypt will invade eastern Libya to save the pro-western government that loses the war. There are reports that "ISIS" kidnapped another 35 civilians. In some days you will see a new video with beheadings, a new global outcry and the Egyptian tanks rolling in Libya to fight "terrorists". The question is: What next? Tripoli is 1500 Km away so i doubt that the Egyptians will go there. An Egyptian intervention poses great risks for Egypt

I would Imagine taking Sirte, Derna, Waddan and Benghazi

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I bet SISI loves it
    Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; February 16, 2015 at 04:08 PM.
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14934352

I love these old cheerful news

Perhaps he had to take the job as prime minister there

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

100% certain that Egypt will invade eastern Libya to save the pro-western government that loses the war.
    Last time i checked, the pro-western government isn't losing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That map is accurate as of Feb 15 2015. The red area is territory held by the secular government in Tobruk while the green areas are held by the Islamist Libyan government.

And apparently, these two factions have a cease-fire going on so they aren't even fighting each other anymore.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

100% certain that Egypt will invade eastern Libya to save the pro-western government that loses the war. There are reports that "ISIS" kidnapped another 35 civilians. In some days you will see a new video with beheadings, a new global outcry and the Egyptian tanks rolling in Libya to fight "terrorists".
    Your clairvoyance is astounding...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Your clairvoyance is astounding...
    "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l?ito=embedded
    The article speaks fir itself. At first I thought oh the Italians are exaggerating but this quote proved me wrong:
    Safe: The mainly African migrants were among some 3,800 would-be immigrants to Europe rescued in the Mediterranean since Friday, according to figures compiled by the International Organisation for Migration

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm not so sure that Egypt wouldn't intervene in Syria with troops. They're after all... a junta. They aren't afraid of elections and they want to show that the military is necessary.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I'm not so sure that Egypt wouldn't intervene in Syria with troops. They're after all... a junta. They aren't afraid of elections and they want to show that the military is necessary.
    Of course they will, Papay already said they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

http://forsvaret.dk/FAK/eng/news/mag...afi-Libya.aspx

Question for debate: Is an Egyptian occupation (not to say annexation) possible for lets say the western\eastern half of Libya?
    Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; February 21, 2015 at 05:46 AM.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Egypt should annex Libya
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; February 21, 2015 at 04:42 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    In the first and last time you will ever see me defend Gaddafi, his government really didn't stand a chance amid the 2011 Arab Spring that engulfed the entire region from Tunisia to Egypt, Syria and Yemen. Once the genie (of insurrection) was out of the box there was no putting him back in. Gaddafi was able to ensure stability through harsh and cruel authoritarian rule so long as people weren't inspired by some larger movement. Then the Arab Spring came...
    The rebels were being slaughtered as the loyalist were puttin' the dick on Benghazi. That is when Uncle Sam came to bring Freedom & Democracy (which in the Arab sense of the word is code for Sharia & Warlord Mayhem).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilla View Post
    Egypt should annex Libya

Last edited by Treize; February 21, 2015 at 04:47 AM.
    Miss me yet?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast