Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Unique Pergamon Map (screenshots)

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default New Unique Pergamon Map (screenshots)

I noticed that CA took one of the old maps and remade it into a new version for Pergamon (the city), this is Awesome and I would like to see more unique cities like this in the future.

Can someone tell me what buildings these are?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New Unique Pergamon Map (screenshots)

Again would love for CA. to release map editor. I am sure people would use it, I know I would =).
    I mean Just look at that city it would be awesome to fight in it!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Shame that Pergamon has no walls though.

I was in Berlin to see the Pergamon Altar. Unfortunately it was the first day it was closed for renovation ... until 2020!

At least I can visit the copy in this map

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

A question on the side.

When I was in Berlin to see it there was a bunch of American evangelical christians from Alabama there protesting against it, claiming that it is "The throne of Satan".

And several Americans from the South who i encounterd in my life mentioned it as "The Throne of Satan" aswell.

Did anyone else have similar expiriences?

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    A question on the side.

When I was in Berlin to see it there was a bunch of American evangelical christians from Alabama there protesting against it, claiming that it is "The throne of Satan".

And several Americans from the South who i encounterd in my life mentioned it as "The Throne of Satan" aswell.

Did anyone else have similar expiriences?
    Yup, a similar experience, though not about this particular building. In the British museum my mum saw (I was in a different part of the museum) an unlicensed guide from some hole in the deep South taking a tourist group of American creationists around the Assyrian/Mesopotamian/Egyptian section, pointing at all the carvings and reinterpreting what they displayed as moments in their version of the bible story. He was basically rewriting the story to focus on the Israelites and highlight a nonexistent importance, and all of it was just total rubbish, especially the supposed depictions of the Jewish slaves in Egypt (for which there is no archaeological evidence or written record outside the bible, already a highly unreliable source). The worst part is he wasn't a con man, apparently he was completely convinced of his nutty bible-version history and was travelling with the group, presumably to impart nonsensical internet-derived 'information' about the exhibits. He got bollocked by one of the actual British Museum guides for peddling rubbish when they were trying to explain to another group the actual known facts about the archaeological findings on display.

These people are beyond reason though, their outlook is so skewed and extreme. These are the dangerous sorts of morons who are convinced the cosmos started 4000 years ago and women came from the ribs of man. They think that America has to support Israel because, to them, only if the Jews control the holy land can the prophesies of the book of Revelations come about and bring the End Times. That is actually a major factor in evangelical support for Israel. Whatever you think of the country, it has to be admitted that geopolitical attitudes being shaped by such beliefs is alarming.

They are the worst people to deal with in a historical context, because they don't make an attempt to see history in an objective way (not that that is completely possible, but they are badly skewed). They see history through the lens of the narrative of their faith, which leads to preposterous things like claiming another religion's temples are thrones of Satan, or case in point, deciding that Nero was the 'Antichrist'. It is utterly impossible to investigate and analyse him or anyone as a human being with motives and effects if you come with that sort if insane black-and-white thinking.

Anyway, here's a link to a Christian website citing why they see it as the 'Seat of Satan' (bottom of the article, though the rest is worth reading. Picture it from their perspective). Apparently the term is in that blinking book, along with the rest of their nonsense: http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/...an_part_2.aspx
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; November 20, 2014 at 03:14 PM.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

More content like this would make the DLC worth charging for. Most DLC should include some kind of a new feature as well, but a lot of small things add up to help a lot. New (accurate) cultures, weapons, armor, maps, units, buildings, ancillaries, traits, horses, ships, music, agents, festivals, unique UI components for different factions, etc Something that actually improves the game and represents actual work done by CA rather than just paying for the privilege of playing with what we already bought and only adding 1-3 units that many of us will never use since we play with mods that have their own units.

On the aside: While religious extremist are often beyond reason, it is just as bad to mock the beliefs shared by billions of people around the world. We should all respect the beliefs and opinions of others, even if we disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    On the aside: While religious extremist are often beyond reason, it is just as bad to mock the beliefs shared by billions of people around the world. We should all respect the beliefs and opinions of others, even if we disagree with them.
    I agree I will try to keep from being offensive, and my target here was the extremist ignoramuses, but there is one thing I'll make clear. What I respect is people's right to hold any belief or view they choose, which I believe is fundamental to free society. I do not, however, have to respect that view itself, however many agree with it. I do not respect any opinions or beliefs of others which I hold to be either stupid or potentially harmful*. And I cannot really respect the bible which I find to be a ludicrous document to revere for all its immoralities, inconsistencies and illogicality. So you or others think what you like. But I am not impressed by it, though I will not go into further detail here.

* and I think, nor does anyone to an extent. To choose extreme examples so as not to equivocate, do you respect the views on sexual practice of paedophiles? Doubtless not, because if respected they are harmful to children. Equally, if I were to declare the world was flat, and that this view gave me a sense of purpose in the world and I had absolute faith in it, it still wouldn't convince you to respect the idea that the world was flat as an equally valid view to the abundantly evident fact that it is round (or rather, slightly pear-shaped). Nobody respects everybody else's views and some beliefs are simply not worth respecting, e.g. in the examples immediately above. Logically it follows you do not have to respect beliefs that cannot reasonably be justified, as opposed to views you simply disagree with.

-OK, I'll write no more off topic after this post
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; November 20, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Rome 2's map builder is clearly able of creating most beautiful maps I've ever seen in any Total war games. Now just imagine a map editor tool is released and we can add wall to this map. That would be perfect

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

CA really, really need to consider adding walls to faction capitals.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

I had seen part of pergamon in the trailer and picture of the special pergamon unit and been wondering, if indeed the city had been overhauled. It´s nice to see, that it was, even in the non-walls version. I hope that the future will bring more such updated, for example we also have a very good impression of how Ephesus looked like in roman times, it was simply huge!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I must admit two things.
    Pergamos (female name that means fortified settlement) looks quite nice in game.
    But...As Pergamos was a heavily fortified city i must admit also the need of a map and settlement editor for the mods to come.

CA would atleast allow moders use both GC & EE maps and settlemnts to create new cities and provinces and add walls!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

Ha still no walls, I'd take walls over a new map any day. Really kills the immersion for me to see cities like syracuse with no walls.

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post

Anyway, here's a link to a Christian website citing why they see it as the 'Seat of Satan' (bottom of the article, though the rest is worth reading. Picture it from their perspective). Apparently the term is in that blinking book, along with the rest of their nonsense: http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/...an_part_2.aspx
    I've actually heard of this. However that's nothing to do with christianity, but rather an obscure zionist cult. Much of what passes for 'christianity' in America would baffle the Catholic or Orthodox too you know.
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I've been to the archeological site. It's not as depicted by CA. Someone has provided images of the upper part of the town looked like in Roman times, but also there a large area below that winding up a hillside where most of the townspeople lived.

14182's Avatar Miles

Havn't fight in this map yet.

Are those buildings on the hill accessible? If not, they are just some eye candies and there are no actual gameplay differences between this map and the generic Hellenistic town
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    Havn't fight in this map yet.

Are those buildings on the hill accessible? If not, they are just some eye candies and there are no actual gameplay differences between this map and the generic Hellenistic town
    There are atleast 2 generic hellenistic minor towns, the Acropolis is not accesible no.

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    There are atleast 2 generic hellenistic minor towns, the Acropolis is not accesible no.
    Yes, there is one built on a high ground with the flag point in the middle of the town and the other one built near a small hill with the flag point next to the hill like this Pergamon map.
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    Again would love for CA. to release map editor. I am sure people would use it, I know I would =).
    I mean Just look at that city it would be awesome to fight in it!
    The day CA gives the map editor.... it will be the end of them with Rome 2. They will never keep up with the modders.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

No walls = don't care

Looking at the images, it's clear CA has created a model for a theatre set into a hillside. It would be the work of a moment for them to add it to the side of the Acropolis in the Athens map, to represent the theatre of Dionysus. Currently they only have a generic theatre representing the smaller theatre of Herodes Atticus. This is a shame as the rest of the Acropolis is impressively researched, and I hope any CA employee that might read this could suggest this small change in the next patch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast