Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch 16

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Patch 16

Quote Originally Posted by =ANTiKES= View Post
    "Changed weapon of Hippeus Lancers so they do more damage."

Interesting... Will test that...

"Increased the morale of Thracian Warriors."

Was hoping for a nerf tbh, they cut through my hops like butter...
    You have a better chance just to use cavs against them, after a few slinger throws.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

phew seems to be ok!
    Last edited by Totalheadache; November 20, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

2 1/2 months and we get this. So CA just has one person patching the game?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    if one person did all that........... double hes payment.....

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Like I said already in August, CA is phasing out support of Rome 2. Of course there could be things that are not listed or there will be another patch in few weeks time giving better fps and so on but that is fanboy-fantasy territory.

At this point we can tell that there is no point reporting any issues to CA... they just ignore everything.. check their support thread on their own forum, you will see like 20-30 open threads with reported issues, all marked "in progress" for month or so, and yet, what got into patch? unit stats adjustments...

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Well of course, patches are free and DLC/new games aren't. Who'd expect CA to put any effort into free things these days

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Massalia, which ironicaly seems to be the faction that most were looking forward to, seems to be the worst faction of the entir DLC.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Many of the unit sugestions are taken from a thread on the official forums by the community.

isnt the Massalia part of FLC which is given for free? No surprise there then..

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi guys,

I could need some assistance for my "promised performance" benchmark thread.

With patch 16 again I noticed low FPS spikes when using ultra and very high presets I had not before patch 15, yet with patch 15.1 and 16 the performance decreased a lot on this particular presets (-8% on ultra), while it is nearly the same one the other settings.

I need a group of people that is willing and reliable to join my testing procedures so we have a broader scope and CA finally get their hands on this problem.
    If anyone is interested please pm me for more details. It's a fact on my rig the benchmark performance decreased by 8% on ultra preset and by 10% on very high comparing the benchmark results from patch 15 to 16. Lowest FPS is 24 FPS (very high settings - Patch 16), was around 45 FPS before with patch 15. Also on ultra settings I experience a low FPS spike 21 FPS instead of 38 FPS. This happens exclusively on these presets.

I doubt that CA will acknowledge this as a common problem unless if I can show them this seems to be a reproducible issue on Nvidia Kepler cards.

Don't want to start a debate about this happens for your or not - because the real in-game performance and Rome 2 benchmark performance was never really comparative - but looking for constructive and objective tests and comparisons. Thank you very much.

Charts: performance with ultra preset / very high preset, Win 8.1, several driver versions. Rome 2 patches 3 - 16:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by alQamar; November 20, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

I'm happy of this patch, but would see CA more focused on the siege performance: they bring new units, finally also some nuw stuffs. Land battles are decent. It's sad to see that sieges are unplayable due to performance hit. The more the game is better, the more it's sad to see sieges unplayable.

Al, I will run my bench soon

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

can you please specify the "performance hit". I can only remember one when AI is attacking and a bulb of soldiers gathering behind a tower. Is that bug still in?
    Al, I will run my bench soon
    appreciate this but you need to run it with the same settings (preset ultra and very high) - vanilla too. And you have to run it now and with the next patches to see if there are differences too with AMD cards. So far it is very hard to attract people because they need to ensure a pure vanilla Rome 2 and many don't like the hazzle this brings to remove all those literally hundreds of mods.

by the way: this is my 5000th posting on TWC in about 2 years of time. (866 days to be exact)
    Thanks to all those which appreciated to read all my rubbish so far - and thank you to all fellow TWC citizens for the good discussions in the present and the past.

Hopefully my writing and debatings skills are now finally out of beta stage

At your service!

Cheers,
    al Qamar
    Last edited by alQamar; November 20, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Quote Originally Posted by =ANTiKES= View Post
    "Changed weapon of Hippeus Lancers so they do more damage."

Interesting... Will test that...

"Increased the morale of Thracian Warriors."

Was hoping for a nerf tbh, they cut through my hops like butter...
    They've been getting decimated by skirmishers entirely too easily in the past. This should help from losing your forces as soon as they reach the enemy in some cases. However, on the GC, I can see them consistently being a player, which is something I've noticed already from other people's games in patch 15.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Can someone test tier 3 and tier 4 fortified settlements if players and AI can use wall artilery?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

The Cappadocian cav is not in the roster?

Did they mention it in the patch notes and then forget to actualy do it??

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Can someone test tier 3 and tier 4 fortified settlements if players and AI can use wall artilery?
    I doubt CA has paid attention to this as they didn't even mention it in the patch notes
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12