Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Yes it is.

I just cannot thank You enough, Bran Mac Born! I really think You - and by that we - are in the process of making Shogun 2 actually a very impressive game, mechanics-wise!

I played a bit with post #16 - I have not faced enemy cavalry charging my ashigaru yet, but I have other occurrences to report. I wished to enclose 2 replays - but I have difficulties with it.

1. The land battle shows absolute irresponsiveness on enemy AI side, in battle with an AI ally attacking along my side. They positioned on the hill and then stood still to the end, no matter what was happening! And there were 3 units of bowmen, left at the rear, stacked one on the other. My ally targeted enemy at once and just rushed uphill in bulk, sweeping enemy army from the side. In the meantime I just placed my 3 generals behind the enemy's, and casually charged them from behind. Usually such actions invigorate the AI a little. This time I think only last unit - ashigaru yari - moved when I was steps from them with general's bodyguard.
    2. During a sea battle (made an exception to play out this one) I tried to board multiple kinds of enemies with medium bune, which resulted with 1-3 crewmen (out of 20-30 boarding infantry left) to manage to go out from the locker and jump onto enemy ship; nevertheless, their fight was ending very quickly with enemy surrender, excluding occasions, when no one jumped to board - in those cases I had to disengage and attempt boarding again- with luck, someone actually started boarding.

I am sorry for no input on actual anti-cavalry changes - I describe what I was able to get today.

Patrician

1. seems like a bug. never seen that behavior. 2. again a bug and will look into that. maybe have to do with jumping animations? I just finished a huge update for Bran DME Mod Settings am tired so will do that later I have thing to do now. Play more and report back it you are getting any other army unresposivness stuff.

Patrician

UPDATE;Fix for static AI army deployment. Ai armies will now ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and FLANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Be Prepared or you will be eaten alive Whohahahahaha All versions updated. Save game compatible.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 13, 2015 at 11:29 PM.

Smart BAI?! the horror! I won't stand a chance now.

The Bow Cavalry in your version of Darth Mod has a very high Melee Defence of 24, while the Takeda Bow Cavalry and other comparable units have much less. Seems like a small error, just wanted to say!

Patrician

Bow Cavalry stat is now fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
    So what are you all experiencing with new BAI settings? Getting flanked by the little horses are we?
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 14, 2015 at 05:22 PM.

Indeed, the situation in the campaign is getting tough for me.. battles are much more difficult and my men are in a desperate need for respite. Great job! :-D
    I will submit a more detailed analysis in the next 24h.

So the cavalry nowadays has gotten pretty clever and thus, quite formidable! :-) It's a cavalry Shogun 2 has not seen before!!
    Downside, I accuse it for rushing its enemy too early with relation to the rest of the army. And this rest - the infantry - are running like hell from the start of the fight for no good reason - to catch up with the cavalry maybe? I have observed both sieges and regular battles like that. Light cavalry also too high def now? It's statistics excellent esp with relation to yari cavalry.
    There is an overall improvement in both. AI also defends much better, that visible in sieges too, less running around the castle, better bow use. I have noticed army elements trying to meet up more, which I think would be good, unless they were running along the walls a bit during sieges now. With vanilla, it was butt-heading walls based on initial placement and the placement was making it a challenge to defend walls, by being surrounded.

I reported enemy army standing still - a week before - after that You also included more aggressive behavior for AI. I must submit that the behavior I described has not changed... on the same map where I described it at first! I think it's maybe the map which is screwing up Ai's behavior. It's the one with a high, unpassable hill on the side of defender - it seems natural to stand on a top of it - but whenever AI does that, it locks into place. Depending on situation on the map, it may initially go downhill a little bit, surrounding unpassable ground nicely and then acting normally. So maybe the whole AI passiveness idea was based on a wrong ground(s)... ps armies still often deploy with 2-3 bow (usually) units stacked one on the other, at the back of the army, on it's relative right. They are inactive for the battle in all scenarios.

And... I thought about presenting this little, quite omitted, but oh-so-sweet mod to all You guys - I have been using it for the past month. It's by the very skilled Frodo45127. It's called Better Maps. It says it's beta, but pay it no heed... It does such wonders to siege maps!! One cannot believe how Creative Assembly was not able to do that in the first place!! Castles and towns are beautiful!!! And purportedly more historically accurate. Much more fun, certainly. And AI uses them properly. This Kyoto map!! Just... try it. Try it out. Compatible with everything 100% http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ter-Maps-0-42b

Patrician

In the launcher under boost options make sure you use larger deployment zones-that should help. Will fix Cavalry riding out in front of infantry. Better Maps mod is awesome.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 15, 2015 at 09:53 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Lowered walk speed for all horses, raised walk speed for all infantry, changed unit ground movement modifiers- slower in forests, mud, scrub, sand and shallow water. All versions updated, save game compatible. Cavalry moves with the infantry closer now to add support for the attack. I saw some interesting flanking behavior-4 units of cavalry tried to move around a mountain and attack from the rear... but the one side of the mountain had impassable terrain so they moved back down the mountainside and massed attack my right flank. Very nice.

Thanks for the solution! No problem so far :-) Armies move together again, which is great :-) The bahaviour of armies is so charming right now. Dividing, flanking, avoiding spears, choosing enemy with proper preferences, staying an army atm. It is wonderful! :-)
    Nevertheless, being your beta-tester, it is my obligation to point out the sour bits - in recent siege, the defender's ally just walked casually to the castle, disregarding my army attacking it from the side. Odd. Have you rolled-back some AI changes recently?

The problem is, they do not actually walk - they run, for the whole battle. Maybe that was intended? They don't seem to tire much in the process, the battles are quicker. It is creating an effect of sudden attack during the siege - I cannot make it to put bowmen at the walls fast enough... It's all fine, I wonder what others think - is it optimal?

Nerf enemy clans' purse plz! ;-) I think that it is reasonable now to reduce enemy AI money cheat - I know the odds are meant to be against me, but while I suck both politically and economically, and I face much more competent enemy - I actually mind seeing such a surplus in AI's funds, that whenever they move they upgrade all buildings at once and absolutely overwhelm me with their armies. It's all cool and refreshing, but I don't feel like they don't need to outnumber me to 2:1 all the time anymore! And is it my imagination or my vassals lack the handicap? Or maybe it is all just due to the fact all my ports and trade routes are blocked...

Patrician

Will make version for you that nerfs AI bonuses.

Patrician

KWIS your special request version is now available to try out. Post #18. Nerfed AI money per turn and lowered AI campaign bonuses by 50%.

Thank You. I think maybe it won't be necessary if I played a new campaign with your recent changes to diplomacy and realm divide, but right now I'm pretty much screwed! unless they stop spamming, I may very well never get to the end-game units and my feedback would suffer!

To You and all other browsers of this topic: I may not be able to report at the current rate for the remainder of this month, so I encourage others to play and report!!

So far all the changes were save-compatible with DarthMod, so there is no excuse for not improving one's game as it is!! Sengoku Jidai recommended!

I have had an interesting siege defence - mind you, I am gonna to get a few of those now, since my Date clan was forced into defensive (shameful display! ) by All-The-Clans-in-the-Universe.

I applied your post #18 settings. I was attacked by 2,5 Hatano army stacks. Main bulk of the army came from the north. They scaled the walls, light cavalry included, 3 generals stayed in the back. Meantime, 3 yari samurai units from the south didn't get to the reach of my bowmen, but turned back to the supporting units entering map on their six. Those units however took their station on the south of map and stayed there. I decimated north and observed absolute stillness of my enemies. Leaving the castle made 2 generals attack my units and get wrecked while charging my spears. Commanding general was a tad smarter, but had no other good plan but being picked by archers and my daymio. After that, I moved for the south. I noticed there is a certain distance, about 200 game meters, where an unit notices me and moves. They can be lured out like that one by one for a while, but at some point the whole remainder moved to charge the stronghold. Normal wall-scaling. Oddly, 3-4 units choose to move along the walls to the north and attack from there. Battle end.

It is strange how generals never got to attack walls with the rest. Like 2 mod editions before, generals dismounted and scaled walls along their army. Any reason for that to change in this instance?
    I think units scale walls pretty fast. Too fast maybe, especially the tall ones. Does it tire them at all? I would be exhausted! I didn't have a chance to observe units slowing down on certain ground - sorry for that, but I think it is great change!

I noticed my spear infantry changed behavior a little bit, even without def.stance (?), after it gets more peaceful and they have support of another unit, they often cease fighting and they assume their formation. I have to give them an order again to fight enemies a meter away - coincidence?

It is funny that every siege autoresolve damages fort, but I have never seen my gates set on fire during an actual battle?
    I also wonder why towers shoot like 1(!) arrow every 1-2 seconds, with high accuracy. Snipers?

Patrician

I am going to nerf the arrow tower machine guns. Spear units have guard mode maybe you but them in that stance? The general should stay back and not dismount and attack a castle-why would they do that? Luring units is hard coded behavior cannot change that.

I've been experiencing a bug in the game and think it might be from recent changes you made to the mod. On hilly maps, BAI tends to stack many units all on top of each other and the units are always far away from the rest of the army that isn't bugged. They won't react at all to your movements until combat is engaged with them, otherwise they just stand around doing nothing throughout the battle. I never seen this bug before so perhaps your adjustments to BAI movement messed them up in certain areas? Anything you can do to fix it? The bug isn't common but still annoying when you want a challenge and all you get is free kills.
    Last edited by Emperor Bonaparte; March 18, 2015 at 05:17 AM.

Patrician

Will test out. Are you using Large Deployment zones in the Launcher? I need what version of the mod you are using so I can isolate the bug and can you upload the save game so I can see the map and play the battle.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM.