Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Thank You It's great You did it on such a short notice! As I am busy at work, the most soon I will have time to try it out is on Sunday. I hope more people will check it out as well - I suspect not everybody who browses DSM forum knows about it yet (but the work is in progress, so maybe they just hesitate to try out).

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well I will be awaiting your report on how it plays out. Recommend Hard/Hard difficulty. Very Hard and the AI will spank you good

Hey where is Otomo clan? It disappeared from campaign selection screen!

It is actually a DarthMod bug.

Hello, can i use this mod on a vanilla installation of FotS?

Patrician

Darthmod, yes.

Ok, so I am playing a More Samurai Bran settings, hard/hard, Date, short. 25 turns into.

I must say I am very happy with it :-)
    Game actually presents me with challenge, and I also feel it makes sense at the same time - clans pursue their wars and alliances; fewer, lesser clans manage to curb ambitions of large ones. And they deal with me when it pays off for them to deal with me. I went full-on with vassals, which is quite bold, as it grants lots of renown early on (why none larger clan is ever a threat to Shogun? only I suffer the realm divide?) and i.e. Mogami still has "past grievances" with me and doesn't want to join any wars.
    Clans make large armies from the start and, finally, include samurai in them from early on - mostly yari and bow, but also katana and cavalry, and monks (Uesugi). I can see Ai developing their provinces militarily, Tokugawa (as a vassal of weak Imagawa) has started building a legendary Bajutsu dojo.
    I observe what le_fred noticed - finer behaviour with enough cavalry put on flanks. They also break-off fights and pursue fragile archers. Still, yari ashigaru are roughly half of the armies and I think that's maybe too much - mostly because their bonus vs cavalry is so high - poor samurai cavalry, no chance vs spike-armed peasants at all... ;-)

In general, battles are fun, unless there is another army of mine on the field - AI cannot face two armies at once properly yet. And there is a new (?) bug, a lot of times, with 2 units staying still behind the enemy army to the bitter end, one stacked on the other - 2 samurai bows or 2 katanas - anyone with that experience?
    I like the length and dynamic of battles, I think it works really well. During a siege Ai is able to move their archers in some instances and defends walls properly. Still I have to defend during a siege.
    Naval battles are playing out fine and I like it. Mostly though I still use autoresolve, which is brutal but quick and Ai spams bow kobayas while I have larger boats and thus I survive. AI doesn't make senseless wars against me over trade nods. And other reasons as well. They make naval invasions an bring more than 1 stack on land. Agents are utilised. Nice :-)

So... in general, I think Your tweaks and calibrations are very good :-) Definitely a must to install over DMS! Do You think they may be any better still??

More samurai version, CAI saw through my weakness of having no fleet and sent a full army right near my capital. I managed to push them off by nearly losing everyone, but it was impressive none the less to see such a bold move you wouldn't see normally by CAI.

Patrician

Thank you for the feedback. Most helpful. Yes I can Fine tune things more. Working On Rome2 BAI settings and CAI settings at the moment. Glad the campaign is more of a challenge and fun. Any request on what you would like to see in the campaign I will work to achieve it.

Patrician

UPDATEMade a few more factions a bit more aggressive in the campaign to keep the player on their toes All versions. Save game compatible.

55turns into. Date.
    "more factions a bit more aggressive in the c
    ampaign". Well that's bold. Iam not sure if I am bold enough! I am having fun, as long as the game is not too repetitive and obvious; "Kill them all; over and over again" is less of a pleasure of a challenge then seeing the game develop, as relations shift, you face some betrayals and some honour, but personality of great clans getting zobie-like mentality at the decline of the game.. not that funny anymore. Tedious, more so.
    Basically, I am all for "challenge", as long as there are some reasonable changes to CAI behaviour concerning realm divide;

1. should all clans cease all the hositilites between them so smoothly?
    2. Why am I suddenly at war with a plethora of clans that are "very friendly" with me - also during the war.
    For a good role-playing experience, I wish to see my competitors as feudal lords, following some cohesive logic - even Shogun's or Emepreors' words had never ever so unamoniuosly changed total politicis of that archipelago - so simplistic and fake in light of a campaign experience druring a session so far.

Take that example: if I managed to make peace with Tsutsui (their armies crushed), by going as far as to offering hostage and 1000gp. They accept. Up until their turn, whey the go back on everything and my son looses his had. Is that plausible Japanese politics? They went back on every word, cynically negotiating to this end just a turn before. Is it not possible to alter diplomacy after realm divide progressivly - by reforging alliances? The only way, of seizing certain provinces, is not that very konvincing, more so as Japanese history and diplomacy have shown much division and no need to rule with land in order to rule the land... Take me, converting anyone I can into vassal; I am actually creating a new feudal realm. Where are the secret meetings with the ployers from distant factions (east or west), Gaijin, missionaries, vissionaries - having a faith in You to destroy the old order?

Is that not possible, that not everybody go frenzy after realm divide, some clans abstain from the conflict - maybe the ones that "like You very much", maybe officially not backing as an ally any more, but sending you tribute or units - like politics in the middle east in our days ;-)
    Maybe there could be "realm divides of some sort to the lesser extent", against any Daymio of which Ashikaga fears; those would get diplmatic modifiers like "shunned in the Shining Palace" or "Feared as a bloody warlord" also "blasphemous by monateries' decree" - disrupting diplomacy btween clans simply or through a contraindicative trait system.

How much is the daymio's purse right now for a Player, for AI daymio, for a vassal? Does AI get a lot of money for development?

Do religius uprisings "led by monks" have to display most advanced ranks on the continent, virtually without monk or ashigaru?

Patrician

I have been working on diplomacy mod for Rome 2 and will look into diplomacy for this.

Patrician

UPDATE: Diplomacy Overhaul:Factions honor treaties better and changed when factions will go to war and other interesting tricks and treats that will await you.save game compatible. All versions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 04, 2015 at 08:31 PM.

Maybe it's just me but sometimes I feel the battles are still quick. Literally as soon as combat starts, within 3 minutes the enemy start to rout. Maybe make the morale and possibly defense higher for units so I can enjoy the action more? Make sure it works with more samurai version please as well if you can. Perhaps two different files for the more samurai version if you want, so no one is forced to use my requested version. Also I apologize if I come on to be too demanding.

Patrician

UPDATE: MORE SAMURAI VERSION has well more samuari
    NEW:LONGER BATTLES More Samurai Version by Request. see post #15

Very nice work, I love it. BAI is all:

After further testing, maybe i'm just used to Rome II mod overhaul 'Divide et Impera' combat. If you aren't aware, in that mod the combat duration is quite lengthy, and in Shogun 2 everything is much faster unfortunately. Of course Japanese didn't have SHIELDS compared to the Romans but what can you expect from them. It seems to get the mod to more of my taste, you would have to really boost up the defense stats so units will literally hold there ground much longer even when outnumbered at the start. BAI does tend to blob charge my defensive line and my defense units can rout quite easily before I can flank the enemy with swordsmen. This mod is already fantastic don't get me wrong. I'm just used to Divide et Impera combat length is all.

The original darthmod battles last longer, and i found them more enjoyable for that reason.
    I like the CAI, but i think the battles are too quick - 2 minutes after a charge, all the enemy line will usually rout. In DMS, it takes much longer.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Patrician

UPDATE: +5 melee defense all units for better longer battles and adjusted fatigue settings. Very good settings for battles that last a fair amount of time for an epic feel but not so long as to be tiresome. Balance. All version except Longer Battles More Samurai . Those battles are real grinds.

So... let me get this clear, as I wonder which to try out; is post #3 (more samurai) battles actually longer now than post #15 (longer battles more samurai) now?