Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

EVERY single encountered clan declares var on me dude! This is unplayable Moreover, they don't fight each other, every clan is not single, they only declares war on me.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, AI recruits so much Katana Ashigaru units.
    Last edited by tberkaya; July 11, 2016 at 04:23 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NEW MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV./LESS AGGRESSIVE AI Post#20
    Ai is more balanced and less aggressive.
    tberkaya-play this on Normal campaign

Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 11, 2016 at 04:45 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD by Swiss Halberdier adapted with Bran Settings. Post #1

Bro, I will try other versions too for fun, but I wonder 'is that your AUM SHO pack compatible with every version of your mod'?

Patrician

Yes.

How can I actually tell if this is working properly? I have the AUM SHO Bran's version and the main Bran's mod installed, but I've never played vanilla Shogun 2 so I can't compare the AI.

I'm asking because it doesn't really seem very good. (Please don't be offended Bran, I've always used your mods, especially on Medieval 2 mods, and always appreciated them greatly.)

The AI still sits back, and I can bait out one unit at a time with archers. When lines engage they never really move to outflank, so I don't know.

Is there a way I can check if it's working properly?

I should have read here in more detail before posting I think.

I'm having the same problem as tberkaya, after 30 turns everyone is at war with me. I'm going to try the latest update of post #20 I think, and I'll let you know how it goes. Bran if you're active here please let me know, it's been so long since anyone replied here I feel like I'm shouting into the void. Hopefully people are still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    NEW MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV./LESS AGGRESSIVE AI Post#20
    Ai is more balanced and less aggressive.
    tberkaya-play this on Normal campaign

I'm using this and it seems very good.
    I'm at turn 30 but I am wondering if Normal Campaign isn't a little too easy, all the enemy stacks so far seem a little small. Though it's still early days.

Patrician

Play the Total Slaughter Version on Normal-If you want more action and bigger armies. You are playing a slow version indeed. Or can play it on Hard and and you will see more action.. That is what that version does slows down the War behavior. What is it you are looking for anyhow?
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 04, 2016 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks for getting back to me, it means a lot considering it seems barely anyone still plays this game.

I guess my ideal situation is very tough battles, and a middle ground CAI. I would love to be at war with one enemy at a time and have a hard time taking over their provinces, but safe in the knowledge I can probably focus on that enemy without having to protect every other province from sea invasions at all times and backstabbing factions.

I'll try out the Slaughter version on normal as you suggest, it sounds like it could be okay, but it's really that CAI that kills me, the way everyone declares war (even before Realm Divide) and it becomes a slog fest.

As an experienced player, do you know of any good way to negate Realm Divide? I find it really is the biggest issue I have. I understand the reasons for it but I don't enjoy it. It's tempting to give up when it kicks in.
    The only thing I've found is the Radious Diplomacy mod, but even that doesn't stop them from declaring war, it just makes it easier to keep allies.

Hi Bran! Could you make a mini mod which would repair all the problems with the sound of artillery? Enough to even restore the settings from the vanilla where the artillery sounds great!

Weird stuff happened last day when i tested some mods for DARTHMOD.
    First i tested LONGER LASTING BATTLES MORE SAMURAI VERSION (+10 defense) and the units flee almost on impact on normal and VH difficulty with lots of solders in unit.
    Then i tested LOWER ANTI-CAVALRY BONUS MORE SAMURAI LONGER LASTING BATTLES VERSION (+5 defense) and work well.The battle took longer then first case.
    Something is strange here.
    And i notice some unit stats are higher then vanilla. Yari ashigaru have DEF=29 (vanilla 3) Yari Samurai def=40 (vanilla 8) and lots of morale.
    I expect battle like at lest 5 minute in melle.Istead is only 2, 3 minutes.(in vanilla is about 1 minute).

Patrician

Thanks for the report will test it out and see and upload new version.

In LONGER LASTING BATTLES MORE SAMURAI VERSION mod when the unit come into melee they sudden suffer morale drop (instant wavering) and then flee.

Patrician

Uploaded new version of Longer Lasting Battles-More Samurai-to fix units running away from morale drop.

Why do the archers have such little range of 50 or 60!?
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Patrician

Will look into that.

Libertus

Bran mac born despite this thread being so old, but tried the LONGER LASTING BATTLES MORE SAMURAI VERSION version found that units still break way too easily, I played a couple of battles with MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV./LESS AGGRESSIVE AI version and found that perfect (I checked statwise MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV./LESS AGGRESSIVE AI that there is differences betweenLONGER LASTING BATTLES MORE SAMURAI VERSION) . though there are some issues (in some battles where the ai is defending the ai is passive and just sits there even if i'm attacking their flank they send no units to help, allowing me to win battles I shouldn't win. TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION/MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV is too hard or annoying for me. so i'd like to request a version where the units retain the same stats as those in TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION/MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV but without the "TOTAL WAR" element

Libertus

may I request a version with middleground ai (neither too defensive nor too aggressive) with units stats from TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION/MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV

Libertus

tried MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV/LESS AGGRESSIVE AI but for some reason in battles where the AI is defending the ai tends to bug out e.g. it stays passive and hardly moves from it's starting position and doesn't respond even it their archers are getting charged and they are being pelted to death by arrows. but I loved how long the battles lasted. so ideally i'd like a version where the ai remains similar to your first post but the unit stats are the same as MORE SAMURAI/LONGER BATTLES/LOWER ANTI CAV/LESS AGGRESSIVE AI. thank you!