Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a crown

Default Looking for a crown

"Curses"

Rhaegar kicked a rock laying on the still ruinous courtyard of Stonedance. Signs of the pillage haven't vanished still, even after more that fifteen years.

"*Daddy* could have kept his head above his shoulders. He could have been that gentle"

He curses again, more fiercely, something to blush a young maiden.

And those rascals were efficient looting everything

The colossal young man walks around the courtyard, inspecting the buildings.

It seems I'll have to try the keep first

He enters the keep, which gates laid rotting on the floor.

Lord Hayford was clear. He delivered Daeron's body and crown to my pedantic father

He lights his torch and looks around. The great hall was too obvious and not fitting for a burial. Maybe the Lord's solar? He adavnced through the abandoned halls until reaching a hall with decayed curtains and tapestries, once-black.

Mourning, humm?

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Default Re: Looking for a crown

"Seven! What's this?"

Rhaegar kneels and inspects the ground. The debris from the sack had been piled and retired from the floor. The pavement was scratched and had cracks.

He touches the floor. Minutes later he founds a gap.

"A vault... But..."

He looks around. Signs of work and digging. Levers.

Sacked

He kicks a stone furiously.

Cursed peasants and robbers!
    Last edited by Oznerol; November 18, 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Like a raging storm Rhaegar descends from the keep towards the nearest village. All clad in red, six feet tall, armed and armored with mail he was a fearsome sight. His great black horse gallops thunderously. Rhaegar glances a pesant in the fields. Surely overseeing his crop. A good target.

With a wip in hand, sword on his hip, Rhaegar approaches the man galloping.

"Hey there farmer!"

ooc: Now I'll need a mod.

The sudden appearance of this strange man garbed in red armor put the farmer into a state of shock and fear. It was not uncommon in these parts for brigands and hedge knights to attack the lands of the poor as they were an easy target. Fearing the worse and thinking of his own preservation, the farmer grabbed the noly weapon that he could, his little hoe that was used for tilling his fields but could be used as a makeshift hatchet and he raised it it up in act of self defense before he said "What do you want want? We have no gold here."

"I don't look for gold, man. Do I look like a man who has need of coin"

He took a stag from the bag and throws it to the peasant, while laughing.

"I look for something else, information. Surely you will be able to help me"

He was a colossus above the stallion, which paws the ground nervous.

The man greedily took the coin before he said "What do you need?"

"Do you know who excavated the floor back there?"

He points with his thumb towards the ruined keep.

"A large chamber, with a vault underneath, you know..."

He caresses the sword's pommel.

"That was dug up years ago, over a decade if I recall correctly." said the peasant who was still clutching his hoe tightly. "That was dug up when they hauled off Lord whatever his name was away."

"Humm! Humm!"

He scratches his chin.

"Tell me, willing and charitable peasant, who digged up there, hum?"

"How would I know" he replied. "I was not but a boy 10 back then." He stood there tryign to remember else before he said "The only thign else I can think of was that they wore something with a dragon one it. A black one I think."

Curses. Blackfyre.

"Are you sure humm? There's an older man who might have seen more details? Try to refresh your memory"

I have no chance to get the crown if the black lizard has it.

The horse paws the ground, fiercely.

"Check in the twon. There might be someone there who may remember." said the young peasant. "Not sure though. Lot's of the elderly were wiped out by the Sickness."

Rhaegar rode to the town. Around the sept might be someone old enough to remember the old times, he thought.

When he entered the Sept, he found an old Septon sitting in prayer who did not noticed his new visitor.

He kneels next to the septon, with a seemingly great piety and contrition. He prays for a minute before turning to the septon.

"Shall the Father bless you, septon"

"He always has." replied the Septon. "You must be new in town for I have enver seen you here before. Who are you?"

"I'm an errant knight, a wanderer willing to help the poor and disfavored, father"

He looks at him piously.

"My last employer sent me here with a mission. To know what happened in the keep up there, to know who digged in one of the halls"

"That would be a difficult question to answer as many, many men have dug through Stonedance's vaults including its current lord."

"But there's a certain vault that interests my employer, father. Have you seen or remember something about people carrying away a kind of casket or coffin?"

"Or maybe you have heard about some kin of jewels, a diadem perhaps, unearthed by those who digged there?"

"No casket or coffin if I remember correctly. Why one would be there in the first place I don't know." said the Septon with the look of deep thought on his face. "As for the jewels, there certainyl have been many jewels who have been carried off although most have been retaken by the Lord Massey."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast