Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [UPD 16 NOV 14] Preview: The Lost Realm of Arnor

Default Re: [UPD 16 NOV 14] Preview: The Lost Realm of Arnor

more arnor previews as fast as possible

please you'll make my day it is my main reason for playing this mod o.0

Hello, I know that Arnor has a long time to go, until it really comes to this mod, however, I just noticed something while on the lookout for Arnorian armour:

It is only a small thing, but it seems they actually wore plate under that overcoat, instead of mail
    If this was already stated, I am sorry if I have missed it,
    Still I wish you good luck with the development of this mod and to all of you a nice day

-Urelius-

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Yeah we are aware of plate armour beneath the rest of armour however we're not going to use so heavy version. We'll exclude the plate from the armour.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; April 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

Understandable, since the dunedain would not have the resources for everyone to wear plate right? Ok thank you

I have a question, why do you make the Arnor soldiers look like numenorian soldiers? Why not the games workshop variant, since they have the license to add stuff to the canon? Its just third age tw who invented the numenor dress (because of battle for middle earth: rise of the witch king), and this is in terms of canon and age just wrong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	347398

These are way better... they derived from the numenor military, otherwise ist like late romans look like early romans.
    Also Arnor had no tree emblem, thats Gondor.

What do you think? I dont know why everybody is using the numenor variant and not the "official" from GW, since you are using elements from them... why not these?

regards

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

What Númenor dress are you speaking of? I can't think of them from the top of my head
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kiere View Post
    I have a question, why do you make the Arnor soldiers look like numenorian soldiers? Why not the games workshop variant, since they have the license to add stuff to the canon? Its just third age tw who invented the numenor dress (because of battle for middle earth: rise of the witch king), and this is in terms of canon and age just wrong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	347398

These are way better... they derived from the numenor military, otherwise ist like late romans look like early romans.
    Also Arnor had no tree emblem, thats Gondor.

What do you think? I dont know why everybody is using the numenor variant and not the "official" from GW, since you are using elements from them... why not these?

regards
    1. Arnor is not in development for a year or two;
    2. The Arnor we know existed in the beginning of the Third Age by time when Isildur and his children were alive plus few more hundred years after that;
    3. Games Workshop is the most company in terms of copyrights, better don't mess with them;
    4. It really depends on which Arnor and at which age we're going to implement. Obviously making old Arnor would make no point same as Angmar or more ancient realms like Eregion or Nogrod. However by the time of the war of the ring Arnor didn't exist and all what left were Shire and Bree that make no sense to the campaign and war theatre except 4 characters (eventho last battle in WotR took place in Shire).
    So the most logical way to go is to make Arnor faction as a horde with few (no more than 7) units. With an option to reforge the kingdom (which as accurate to lore again) but it will require new touch on the units with great influence of gondor designs since its the same kingdom afterwards.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

For Arnor itself you can see the answer in the FAQ. But I will summarise here: the iconic rangers have been put with Imladris as units with a limited availability. Arnor that is to be implemented, is a reforged version with iconic looks from the prologue of the Fellowship. With its own roster. Without the rangers obviously.
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Ah okay, i understand now... i also didnt thought about games workshop and their copyright behavior, maybe thats the reason why nobody else used their example...
    But im glad to hear that you will make your own designs, thanks for your answer and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    What Númenor dress are you speaking of? I can't think of them from the top of my head
    Sorry for my english, i meant the soldiers look more or less like Númenor soldiers in terms of armor and helmet, etc.

Hi, do you still have the files for the units you showed in the first post of this thread?
    Would love to use them in a personal submod!

I guess the arnorian units were lost

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456