Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: User Presets

Default Re: User Presets

@bruce7, for some reason game fails to start with you preset ("Cannot load external d3d9 wrapper dll" error is thrown). I replace the one in current folder with yours. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by furious_duck View Post
    @bruce7, for some reason game fails to start with you preset ("Cannot load external d3d9 wrapper dll" error is thrown). I replace the one in current folder with yours. What am I doing wrong?
    I got this error trying to use his preset on a game that wasn't Rome 2. Are you trying to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Levie View Post
    I got this error trying to use his preset on a game that wasn't Rome 2. Are you trying to do the same?
    I was Trying to use this with rome 2 also had the same problem.

@Levie, Rome 2. Gonna try another config a little bit later. BTW, when bruce's config is in 'current' folder I can't launch configuration tool as well

bruce7's Avatar Foederatus

Hello , guys

have you the new version of lucifer ! gemfx 1.0.8 ?

if it' s case , i don't understand why it doens't work ,....

Can be of other one people could confirm that it works (my presets )

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7 View Post
    Hello , guys

have you the new version of lucifer ! gemfx 1.0.8 ?
    Yes. Tried your configs for both 1.0.8 and 1.0.7

Ok... and for the 1.0.7 it was ok?

can confirm your .8 preset doesnt work Bruce

btw, how can one switch between presets on fly?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

1.08 Generic doesn't work for R2 - I get the same "Cannot load external d3d9 wrapper dll" error reported above. So I'm just being patient in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    1.08 Generic doesn't work for R2 - I get the same "Cannot load external d3d9 wrapper dll" error reported above. So I'm just being patient in the meantime.
    Thank you for the explanation, so let's wait

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by googlemebrah View Post
    Name:: Cinematic Total Realism

Target Application:: Rome 2

GEMFX Version:: v.1.0.4.1

Features:: 2xFXAA, Tweaked Realistic Shader, Ambient Lighting, Tweaked Dirt Lens, Vignette Effect

Additional Information:: A cinematic preset going for realistic colors and exceptional lighting

Credits:: **

Files::Attachment 318093

Preview::
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I really want to use this, but when I extract this to my presets folder, the game wont launch what am I doing wrong?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    I really want to use this, but when I extract this to my presets folder, the game wont launch what am I doing wrong?
    Just tried it as well (loading it in game as WDpreset) screen went blank and had to turn off GEM with in game menu to get back in game. His file seems to be bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by furious_duck View Post
    btw, how can one switch between presets on fly?
    Use in game menu by using "/" key. Use the arrow keys to navigate between menu options. Arrow down to GEM Presets and hit enter arrow right for different presets then hit enter. Note: you may have to refresh GEM for it to load (F9 key for me). Alternatively, you can alt+tab out while in game and launch the GEMFX_Configurator. Make the changes you want then make sure to click "save configuration" and close the configurator. Alt+tab back in and refresh GEM via in game menu or with function key.
    Last edited by wolfshart79; February 05, 2015 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7 View Post
    An alternative to my previous settings using motion blur and less blur and By pass UI

Name::
    Bruce GMFX Réalistic V1.3.1 motion blur

Target Application::Rome 2

GEMFX Version::GEMFX 1.0.7

Features::Realistic, davinci, 2xfxaa, sepia, tonemap, , ssao, Vignette, ambient lighting , motion blur, less blur , by pass UI

Additional Information:: It's better to disabled SSAO in game settings ,
    "L" to activate blur and "K" for interface, but needs to enable AA in game settings (caus of the BY pass Ui)
    Settings elaborated with this mod New lighting and environments mod from "Aztec's Environments and Lightings
    (better to download and install it for use my settings)

Credits::...

Files::
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7um0eyyemd4e2sk/GEMFX_settings%28bruce7.mb%29.zip

just got a new 4790k i7 and sli 970 comp put together and plugged these in. its gorgeous man. thanks a ton for your work.

Thanks , Cyox

You can also try the other version

Name::Bruce GMFX Réalistic V1.3

Target Application::Rome 2

GEMFX Version::GEMFX 1.0.7

Features::Realistic, davinci, 2xfxaa, sepia, tonemap, , ssao, Vignette, ambient lighting ,

Additional Information::It's better to disabled SSAO in game settings , "L" to activate blur and "K" for interface

Credits::...

Files:: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6npy71mrfj5fx1z/GEMFX_settings%28bruce7%29.zip

CYOX try out the Geforce DSR function on the 970 (will not work for SLI but you wont need both cards) I am currently playing at almost 4k res equivalent on a 1080p monitor with GEM and other mods etc, cant go quite to the maximum as the UI becomes to small to read but it's great as I always though the unit cards took up too much space in battle anyway, i'll try get some pics up soon! It looks even more amazing now!

SirManOwaR, what settings are You playing at? Are You playing vanilla and DEI? I tried the DSR thing and did not like UI being so small, but I did play at 4k equivalent, so maybe it's playable at middle range res. Also, what fps are You getting with that?

What option can I enable/disable to keep everything from being so blurry? Everything from the battle map to the texts in menus is super blurry, and it's killing my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperOfTheGrim View Post
    What option can I enable/disable to keep everything from being so blurry? Everything from the battle map to the texts in menus is super blurry, and it's killing my eyes.
    If you installed my settings you have just only to press "L"
    K for lucifer's default settings.

And for you own settings just disable blur , motion blur