plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: User Presets

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7 View Post
    Hello all
    Here my preset for the new GEM

Name::Bruce GMFX Réalistic V1.3

Target Application::Rome 2

GEMFX Version::GEMFX 1.0.7

Features::Realistic, davinci, 2xfxaa, sepia, tonemap, , ssao, Vignette, ambient lighting ,

Additional Information::It's better to disabled SSAO in game settings , "L" to activate blur and "K" for interface

Credits::...

Files:: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6npy71mrfj5fx1z/GEMFX_settings%28bruce7%29.zip

Hi Bruce7 - Your preset is much better than mine - so i'll just stick with yours - cheers for the new preset - just lowered the blur - AWESOME Thank You
    and a HUGE thanks to Lucifer Hawk for the AWESOME G.E.M MOD
    Last edited by plissken3; January 19, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Hi guys, glad to see this thread has kicked off a bit. That's the one thing I found with GEM is that when you first get it it's amazing but there is always something you want to change (individual preferences of course) but then you look at the configurator and it's too overwhelming you don't know where to start LOL!

Some great .cfg's here so thanks to those of you that are graphically minded like this. @PDGURU and @BRUCE if you guys wouldn't mind also letting us know what in game graphics settings you are using (and a brief RIG spec - if you don't mind of course) and also any graphical mods you use/run - and basically any other tips, tricks FPS boosts....Do you force any settings via control panel (as in the set up pics on page 1 OP), any changes to the preferences.cfg etc...

Sorry I realise I just asked for a lot there but I hope you won't mind, and that goes for anyone else reading this. I'm sure a lot of people come here seeking to make there game as graphically amazing as possible whilst retaining a good performance, and this is really aimed at high end rigs as we know this game is a hog

I'm just trying to get mine stable at the moment LOL, looks good but I still get daily crashes for no reason (I have tried sooo many things to fix it it's unbelievable!!)

My rig: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0, FX8350 OC @ 4.5, GTX 970, 8GB RAM OC'd, XFX TS750 PSU, Old HDD.

I'll try get some screen shots up soon and once (if that ever happens) I stop the random crashing I will try to get my own GEM.cfg up here.

Oh and plus rep to all .cfg posters and the master himself of course

Sorry for spamming the thread

Just been testing out your .cfg Bruce, really like the effects you have in place on this one however it does look very dark (default gamma 20 brightness 12) This is more so when looking at your army from the back (with the sun in your eyes as such) I do like that silhouette effect but what settings would I need to alter to make it a bit brighter/and keep the rich colours all round and reduce the shadow intensity (my army is almost completely black when I look at them from behind).

bruce7's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by SirMan0waR View Post

Just been testing out your .cfg Bruce, really like the effects you have in place on this one however it does look very dark (default gamma 20 brightness 12) This is more so when looking at your army from the back (with the sun in your eyes as such) I do like that silhouette effect but what settings would I need to alter to make it a bit brighter/and keep the rich colours all round and reduce the shadow intensity (my army is almost completely black when I look at them from behind).
    Hello ,

Have you seen , i recommend to put off the ssao in game graphics settings , and i installed No HDR Mod, but i think it depends on the brand of your screen : for me 20/12 it's perfect but perhaps you have to up the brightness and gamma settings.

Here my game graphics settings as you asked (but in french )

http://www.mediafire.com/view/w9n0wx...avec_gemfx.jpg

...And to be exhaustive :
    my rig
    I5 3570K OC 4.2 GHZ
    8 GO RAM
    GPU : ASUS HD7950-DC2T-3GD5 V2 OC 1050 Mhz/1400 Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by SirMan0waR View Post

Ooo, sorry I forgot one thing : download and install the mod from steamworkshop New lighting and environments mod from "Aztec's Environments and lightings"

kruma's Avatar Civis

Hello all

Name:: Sharp Exposure

Features::True, 2xfxaa, tonemap, , ssao, DPX, ambient lighting , Sharpen Gauss, no auto highliht

Additional Information:: If it is too white activate auto highlight in shader settings or play around with the exposure setting for the tone map

Files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69319481/GEMFX_settings.cfg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3l...ew?usp=sharing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-01-21_00024.jpg  
    Last edited by kruma; January 22, 2015 at 09:59 AM.

googlemebrah's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    Hello all

Name:: Sharp Exposure

Features::True, 2xfxaa, tonemap, , ssao, DPX, ambient lighting , Sharpen Gauss, no auto highliht

Additional Information:: If it is too white activate auto highlight in shader settings or play around with the exposure setting for the tone map

Files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69319481/GEMFX_settings.cfg

I don't know if it's just me but I cannot download your preset. I copy paste your dropbox url into my browser and it doesnt work, just takes me to a blank page.

That one works, your other one does too I just didn't understand it until just now lol.. The link you posted is better so people wont have to create the cfg file themselves. But thanks I will try your preset out!

An alternative to my previous settings using motion blur and less blur and By pass UI

Name::
    Bruce GMFX Réalistic V1.3.1 motion blur

Features::Realistic, davinci, 2xfxaa, sepia, tonemap, , ssao, Vignette, ambient lighting , motion blur, less blur , by pass UI

Additional Information:: It's better to disabled SSAO in game settings ,
    "L" to activate blur and "K" for interface, but needs to enable AA in game settings (caus of the BY pass Ui)
    Settings elaborated with this mod New lighting and environments mod from "Aztec's Environments and Lightings
    (better to download and install it for use my settings)

Files::
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7um0eyyemd4e2sk/GEMFX_settings%28bruce7.mb%29.zip

Same settings with the mod "enhanced particles" (steamworkshop)

Arf my previous link doesn't work so...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7u...uce7.mb%29.zip

I'm really liking the preset, the sharpness and clarity of everything is great! Good job buddy

WOW! I really love your Preset. For me the best preset yet. Really great work. Thank you very much.

Awesome Bruce, I think the big difference for me was not running the Aztec's Environments and Lightings alongside your .cfg as this really brightens things up (and looks sweet!). In vanilla it is too bright/orange/yellow but with your gem .cfg this balances it out. Many thanks!

@SirMan0waR Looks very promising!

Here my presets for the last GEMFX

Name::Bruce GMFX Réalistic V1.4

GEMFX Version::GEMFX 1.0.8

Features::Realistic, davinci, 2xfxaa, sepia, tonemap, , ssao, Vignette, ambient lighting ,

Additional Information::It's better to disabled SSAO in game settings , "L" to activate blur and "K" for interface

Files:: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v...7+1.0.8%29.zip