Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Technical Support

Default Re: Technical Support

I don't think Bypass UI works at the moment, or at least not on Win10.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    I don't think Bypass UI works at the moment, or at least not on Win10.
    We're you able to get GEM working on Windows 10? If so, how did you get it to work.

Yeah I'm also having trouble on windows 10.

I've gone through the whole install process twice but GEM isn't even running from what i can see. The configurator.exe stays its activated, I've saved a profile, but when I run the game GEM isn't activated. (Both DLL's are present in the folder). The GEM pack has been subscribed too and downloaded.

Can someone tell me where the log file is the GEMFX.txt if its supposed to be in the Rome 2 root folder, it isn't there. Strange I was able to get GEM working easily on Windows 7 and I've got other injectors working for other games.

Thanks
    Rome I -- Medieval II -- Empire -- Napoleon -- Shogun 2 -- Rome II -- Attila

Ok I fixed it, I re downloaded the C++ redistribution package (ran a repair as it was already installed) and unticked the 64bit option (i read that Attila was 32 bit so guessed this applies to Rome 2 as well?)
    Rome I -- Medieval II -- Empire -- Napoleon -- Shogun 2 -- Rome II -- Attila

Does anyone have a downloadable 1.0.8 version?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMenace View Post
    Does anyone have a downloadable 1.0.8 version?
    I hope not as that version have never excisted The previous version is 1.05 and the download link is provided a bit down the OP in the download link thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I hope not as that version have never excisted The previous version is 1.05 and the download link is provided a bit down the OP in the download link thread
    What are you talking about? There's a ton of posts on this thread and others referring to a version 1.0.8, and 1.0.7, and 1.0.6...

Also, I've gone through everything I reasonably can in this forum to find a link to any older version and I've found none. If you have a direct link to something, let's see it

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMenace View Post
    What are you talking about? There's a ton of posts on this thread and others referring to a version 1.0.8, and 1.0.7, and 1.0.6...

Also, I've gone through everything I reasonably can in this forum to find a link to any older version and I've found none. If you have a direct link to something, let's see it
    Its my bad. Using my phone and I forgot to check what forum it was forget what I wrote before

Application::Rome 2

GEMFX Version::1.0.9

Bug Description::I am not sure if I have the mod installed / configured correctly. I followed the install instructions step by step. Before I started the game, I ran GEMFX_Configurator, clicked Activate, left it running and started Rome launcher. However, the game looks pretty much the same to me. I don't see a log.log or gemfx.log anywhere in game directory or %appdata%. Nothing happens when I press Pause or F9 in game. How can I verify if the mod is running? I tried using default preset and Ad Finitum preset, however my game still looks the same. Also tried to run Configurator and the game as admin but doesn't make a difference.

My installation steps
    - downloaded GEMFXSteamInstaller.zip from OP / ran installer pointing to game directory (..SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II).
    - subscribed GEMFX on STEAM and launched Rome so it downloads gem.pack
    - ran GEMSteamInstaller shortcut in game directory
    - Updated to .Net 4.6.1 and Visual C++ 2013 redistributable (x64 12.0.30501)
    - changed game directory settings such that all users have full access to read/write files

System Specs::<give relevant information about your system (GPU, OS (x64/x86), ...>
    Windows 7 64 bit
    AMD 7870

Log File:: dxgi.log/d3d9.log/GEMFX.log are not found anywhere in game directory or %appdata%

Any help is very much appreciated as I would love to try this mod!

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Question : How do you access the GEM configurator ?

I see people mentioning a configurator.exe in the data folder but there is no such things after having installed and reinstalled the manual installer.

In game, typing "/" only bring an orange line at the top of the screen.

Thanks

Its not the data folder, its in the base Rome 2 folder!

Quote Originally Posted by sunten001 View Post

Bug Description::I am not sure if I have the mod installed / configured correctly. I followed the install instructions step by step. Before I started the game, I ran GEMFX_Configurator, clicked Activate, left it running and started Rome launcher. However, the game looks pretty much the same to me. I don't see a log.log or gemfx.log anywhere in game directory or %appdata%. Nothing happens when I press Pause or F9 in game. How can I verify if the mod is running? I tried using default preset and Ad Finitum preset, however my game still looks the same. Also tried to run Configurator and the game as admin but doesn't make a difference.

My installation steps
    - downloaded GEMFXSteamInstaller.zip from OP / ran installer pointing to game directory (..SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II).
    - subscribed GEMFX on STEAM and launched Rome so it downloads gem.pack
    - ran GEMSteamInstaller shortcut in game directory
    - Updated to .Net 4.6.1 and Visual C++ 2013 redistributable (x64 12.0.30501)
    - changed game directory settings such that all users have full access to read/write files

System Specs::<give relevant information about your system (GPU, OS (x64/x86), ...>
    Windows 7 64 bit
    AMD 7870

Log File:: dxgi.log/d3d9.log/GEMFX.log are not found anywhere in game directory or %appdata%

Any help is very much appreciated as I would love to try this mod!
    Have pretty much the same problem. except rome 2 keeps crashing, also it seem like when i press the gemsteaminstaller, it unpacks everything, except there is no d3d9.dll, which comes with the standalone installer. I dont know if it is on purpose.

Bug Description::
    Razer synapse 2.0 make Rome 2 crash with gem, but not Attilla

Am using windows 7 64bit.
    Completely Reinstalled Rome 2, deleted all files in the appdata folder, followed instruction on how to install gem. Then I saw someone having trouble with razer cortex, but not in my case. The sinner is the synapse 2.0 crapware that have caused so much havoc on so many software. I can use my old mamba driver, but for newer mouse you need this software so you are forced to use it. Weird thing is the standalone installer work on attilla no problem. Only rome 2.

System Specs::<give relevant information about your system gtx 980ti windows 7 64bit>

Log File::<post your log file (dxgi.log/d3d9.log/GEMFX.log)>

Hope you find a fix for this problem

Forgot to say i was using the steamworkshop gemfx 1.09

I can launch Attila with gemfx 1.0.9 with "64bit application" checked, but image quality stays the same as in default game.
    Doesnt seem to work at all.
    [22:21:11] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application [22:21:11] Running on Win8.0 ... adjusting algorithms
    [22:21:11] Running on compatibility mode
    [22:21:11] Hooking Swapchain and Device found at 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [22:21:11] Hooking Device found at 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [22:21:11] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'attila.exe'
    [22:21:11] Init Factory-1 hook
    [22:21:11] Factory-1 hook successful
    [22:21:11] Feature Level: 00009300
    [22:21:11] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [22:21:11] Factory-1 hook successful
    [22:21:11] Init Factory-2 hook
    [22:21:11] Hook onto Device and SwapChain failed
    [22:21:11] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully