Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post

I think Drama was working on something.
    Downloaded, followed instructions and working perfectly fine! Hats off Lucifer,

Drama' dark setting was incredible and let me ask him about the new one!
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; November 20, 2014 at 07:17 AM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    -posted in technical support thread-
    I answered you there and will frequently check the technical support for you answer in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Downloaded, followed instructions and working perfectly fine! Hats of Lucifer,

Drama' dark setting was incredible and let me ask him about the new one!
    Thanks and good it works for you right away I am also looking forward to see all previous presets coming up again!

thx,i updat VC++ and it works with win8.1 now.

i used "print screen" get a jpg file , how to screenshots by PNG or BMP? ( I can use FRAPS to screenshots when i used GEM6.1,but now there are not GEM effect when i used FRAPS. )

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by anyue2006 View Post
    thx,i updat VC++ and it works with win8.1 now.

i used "print screen" get a jpg file , how to screenshots by PNG or BMP? ( I can use FRAPS to screenshots when i used GEM6.1,but now there are not GEM effect when i used FRAPS. )
    Open the in-game menu of GEMFX by pressing / or ? key (english keyboard, the key left of the right shift).
    Navigate through the basic settings with the left and right arrow key until you find screenshot settings. From there use arrow key up to BMP screenshots and press Enter. Now, pressing prt-scr will create .bmp files. As an alternative you can activate UI-By-Pass in the configurator (which is recommended for Rome 2 if it works for you). That way you can take screenshots with the steam overlay which then captures GEMFX effects

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.1

UPDATE Generic GEMFXv1.0.1
    - introduces some optimizations

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Open the in-game menu of GEMFX by pressing / or ? key (english keyboard, the key left of the right shift).
    Navigate through the basic settings with the left and right arrow key until you find screenshot settings. From there use arrow key up to BMP screenshots and press Enter. Now, pressing prt-scr will create .bmp files. As an alternative you can activate UI-By-Pass in the configurator (which is recommended for Rome 2 if it works for you). That way you can take screenshots with the steam overlay which then captures GEMFX effects
    I got it, thank you very much!

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry for being a newb - but does this version still require the enb-files from Vorontsov like the old ones? I didn't see that being mentioned in the installation-instructions.

So first off all i wanna say i enjoyed the mod very much but i cant manage it to run the new version..... i followed the instructions with deleting all but the data folder in x:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II and then downloaded the new gemfx version unpacked it ---> subsrcibe to steam thing ---> apply update in the "F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II" gemsteaminstaller by dobble clicking it ... now it should work right?!?.... i updatet the .framenet thing and both of the x86 & x64 things....
    after all the steps, untouched configurator the game wont even start....
    log says

[18:13:07] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [18:13:07] Checking prerequisite...failed
    [18:13:07] Init Factory-1 hook

when enabling the 64bit application in the configurator i can run the game, but GEM wont load... so i dont know what to do anymore, pls help -.-

To everybody who is still having problems with this new version:

Remember to reboot your machine after you installed the vcredist and NETframeworks updates.

I have one (probably) rather stupid question:
    As I am now tweaking my settings, can I just export the file in ..../GEMFX/presets/current in order to save it for later or share it with others?

Quote Originally Posted by samcoolrunner View Post
    I'm sorry for the noob question , everything works with gemfx 1.0 but i can not choose shadows model 5 , i run with win 7 64 ...
    had same issue. downloaded c++ redistributable package for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft then it worked.

so i rebooted and did all the steps again just to make sure... still same outcome.... furthermore it seems when running with 64bit mode enabled, the .log file doesn´t change at all

Hey guys, I'm having an issue starting the game using the new GEM.

The game just doesn't launch, I click play in the launcher and nothing happens. This is the GEM log file:

[19:56:53] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [19:56:53] Checking prerequisite...failed
    [19:56:53] Init Factory-1 hook

I updated the vcredists and .net. Prior to updating them it was working but without shader 5, sicne updating them it just doesn't launch at all. If I disable GEM in the GEMFX Configurator the game works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vsbrick View Post
    so i rebooted and did all the steps again just to make sure... still same outcome.... furthermore it seems when running with 64bit mode enabled, the .log file doesn´t change at all
    OK.
    So what i can say the error is that:
    "Checking prerequisite...failed"
    Although I don't exactly know what that means...
    About 64-bit: (I just learned that too ) Rome2 is still a 32-bit app, so changing that won't give you any advantage (it will just deactivate GEM for R2). Sorry that I can't help you furthermore (you seem to have done everything correctly), you'll have to wait for LH to respond. Most likely it'll help if you post your OS and GPU!
    I assume it has something to do with vcredist or NET.Frame or direrctX...

EDIT: Dunno which versions of NET.frame you guys use, I just have 4.5.1 (updated to this via windows-update) and it's working (reboot after installation!)
    Last edited by Hoplitus; November 20, 2014 at 02:09 PM.

Same for me
    Log:
    [21:04:53] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [21:04:53] Checking prerequisite...failed
    [21:04:53] Init Factory-1 hook

Think its the dxgi.dll, I`ll used another dxgi.dll and the game loads without GEM FX !

Hey Hop, I have the same .NET. The most up to date one apart from the preview build. As for redist, I have the most up to date one, I tried installing an older one just to make sure nothing was missing and it gives me the error message that I already have a newer version.

Mmmh...
    Sorry then, I really don't know what thats all about. I am no pro in modding or graphical design so I can't help you anymore. You seem to have done everything correctly. Might wait for Lucifer to respond, he will surely help you and tell you what you have to do.
    But as its now about 5:30am in Korea you might have to wait a little...

Edit:
    Dunno if it helps but this is what I have installed (and like I said GEM is working for me):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Hoplitus; November 20, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

iam running win7 64 bit sp1, geforce 670gtx

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Ok, it works now!

For everyone that have x64 systems: Download Visual C++ 2013 version x64 (64bit) AND version x86 (32bit): the game runs at 32bit even if your system is 64bit, so what you need to run GEM is Visual C++ x86!
    Let's give a hug to this awesome guy!! Thank you mate now it works cheers! (anyone know why my lower and upper screen flashes with gemfx? which effect is this? it kinda annoying for me)
    And awesome work LH !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godz_Mercenary View Post
    had same issue. downloaded c++ redistributable package for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft then it worked.
    yes did the same and i fixed the problem but now i have a very strange problem: the mouse is not in sync with the icons... i have to go above icons and than click ok.. few menu are out of the monitor resolution .. never had this problem before ..

Quote Originally Posted by yaVuz View Post
    Let's give a hug to this awesome guy!! Thank you mate now it works cheers! (anyone know why my lower and upper screen flashes with gemfx? which effect is this? it kinda annoying for me)
    And awesome work LH !!!