Thread: [General Discussion] What's Your Fave WTW Submod(s)?

Default [General Discussion] What's Your Fave WTW Submod(s)?

What's Your Fave WTW Submod(s)?
    Just d/l'd from moddb and spent the evening playing the Age of Petty Kings submod, after reading a review on it somewhere. Found it reasonably well playbalanced...then hit a technical difficulty/bug, and came to the twcenter forums for an answer. But it looks like that submod is going away for a while...

So what's next to try out? What's the hottest, coolest, most amazing WTS submod going this mid-November?
    Any recommendations most welcome.

Just tried to d/l With Fire and Blood...link is dead. Bummer.
    Last edited by Hieronymos; November 15, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: What's Your Fave WTW Submod(s)?

Well if you're wondering about a technical issue I'm still supporting it . As for other mods, I'd recommend New Beginnings for the sweet map (AOPK is based on it) and KORAH for everything else. Have fun .

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Play KoRaH

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Have been playing around with KoRaH as Martell and Yronwood, and find it pretty fun. The AI doesn't seem as good as AoPK, which garrisons and defends castles very well. KoRaH has a broader unit roster; but I like very much the AOR system in AoPK, which also has a complete unit card set and a better soundtrack, as well as that NB map which makes such delicious use of choke points.

All in all two very well put together mods.

Are there any active links for wFaB still up?

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

I'm not sure, but you could maybe PM Badger? It's pretty damn good, but if you do get a hold of it always start a quick custom battle before launching a campaign, otherwise it will crash (in my experience at least).

As for the AI, I kinda cheated with AOPK by just giving the AI a buttload of extra cash to make it seem "smarter" .

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Westeros Realms Mod.

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

mchmmroncrck's Avatar Libertus

If you are caught up with the books, Korpskog's Winds of Winter submod is pretty fun and has new factions and characters for the time period.

If you are more of a show fan, the Game of Thrones submod by Inarus is awesome and might be more your style.

Those are my two faves at the moment but in reality, any you try you will probably enjoy very much

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Wohoo somebody recomended my submod!! It was all the talk of the town before all these new super submodders showed up... (-_-)

I'l probably do a re-make once 1.0 is out!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

if you like a game that's pretty big and challenging then fire and blood was by far my favourite , lots of settlements but the ai as usual is horrible , just couldn't resist starting a targaryen dynasty again .

AOPK was cool. Otherwise, I'd have to go with KoRaH, because it is the most complete. If there were a more complete and fun version of the Blackfyre Rebellion, I would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Wohoo somebody recomended my submod!!
    You sure it was not a typo?

Youngbloods, overall it has had the longest lasting and overall best experience.
    But the one I've had the most fun in was without a doubt Blackfyre Rebellion.

If fighting AI only and an average player, I would recommend Petty kings or Kings of rivers and Hills for a deeper and more flavored experience.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I am a big ban of Kings of the Rivers and Hills, it is the only one I can play a single player campaign on.

I really like The Age of Petty Kingdoms and Youngbloods for hotseating though.

The link for Korpskog's Winds of Winter submod in the Stickied WTW submod directory leads to another submod development thread.

Is there an active d/l link somewhere for Winds of Winter?

Also: With Fire and Blood official d/l link is defunct. However, an alternate one has been posted by a fan (?) on the last page of the wFaB thread.
    Last edited by Hieronymos; November 22, 2014 at 04:57 PM.