Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] New UI Elements for 1.0

Default Re: [PREVIEW] New UI Elements for 1.0

Great work on the new UIs! Cultural UIs will add great to immersion I think! I esspecially like the Punic and Celtic (but all are looking good ).

One question though on the new unit cards: Since they will be default, do u think about adding a submod with vanilla-style unit cards?
    I am so used to them and I actually like them that I might miss them (though I still think your new cards look very nice, maybe it'll just take some time of adaption on my side).

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

That's a realy good idea !

Hey guys,

On the faction select screenshot I noticed for the Arabian factions screen you have the native name as "Malkayn Arabayat." In Arabic "Malkayn" is the dual form for "two kings." If you're going for "Arabian Kingdoms" it should be ممالك عربية "Mumalik Arabiyya." If you're going with two Arabian factions then "Mamlakatayn Arabiyyatayn" would be closest.

Sorry for my autism, it's great work really!
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

we use nabataean language as reference for the native faction group name. All unit names, faction names and the faction group are named by Brivime, our expert in arabic languages and history...

Semisalis

I must say the agent unit cards lack quality compared to the other ones. The egypt UI is pretty nice, the best of all in my opinion.

beautiful work, and i love the unit cards

GreenyRepublic's Avatar Libertus

These look absolutely superb. Will they be made available for use outside of Divide Et Impera? I'm admittedly more of a vanilla man here.

I actually love the agent cards but they seem to be lower resolution than the unit cards + the jagged black line at the top looks weird ? And in my opinion the background of the unit cards are better than the agent ones, don't really like the bright white on the agents :p

Stupendous!

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

I actually love the agent cards but they seem to be lower resolution than the unit cards + the jagged black line at the top looks weird ? And in my opinion the background of the unit cards are better than the agent ones, don't really like the bright white on the agents :p
    Yup, we're going to remake them, just to make them look more like a unit card.

An extraordinary work is being implemented in this mod! Respect for all the DetI team!
    Those unit cards are superb, probably some of the best I ever seen in Total War series.
    The new UI look awesome and trully immersive!
    Can't wait for 1.0! I can see in my future a Galatian campaign!

The agent cards are a rough approximation of what they will look like. I tacked them onto some background that I found just to give you an idea of them.

To answer those asking about the unit cards. They will be in the main mod. However, we will be making a submod that has vanilla unit icons for those who prefer those. I would hope that players will give our custom ones a chance, at least, to see if they like them. Changing something that you are used to after a year of playing can be off-putting at first.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 14, 2014 at 02:23 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    In-game the UIs are really transformative for the mod. They give you a feel of playing a different culture with each campaign option. Obviously I am biased

Yes finally, I said it a long time ago that it would add so mutch more to the game to have different UIs for different culture,s. But the roman UI still looks almost the same or im i crazy? I think the roman UI looks better with columns or pillars and scrolls types for missions or something and different colors because the normal white/gray i think is way to light.

But overall great work it adds a total different feeling to the game when playing with other factions. Really nice but how about buildings are there any plans for?
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.

Awesome work! All the UI's look great to me. I think my favorite are the unit cards! They look fantastic!

Make you the New Campaign Map from great Campaign compatible in the Augustus Campaign?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

I love the unit cards and agent cards... this is turning into a masterpiece!

Now we can have a real TW experience! Nice work guys

Btw is there some kind of graphic mod in the screens you took to show the UI? GEM?

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Yes, those pictures are beautiful views. This is done carefully and to tactfully.
    Show icons with military - naval ships please. and maybe you add still some elements of ancient frescoes in the loading screens instead of modern of paintings
    Love this idea, the loading sreens are maybe a little bit hollywood, un-historical legionaries, etc. Maybe you could add some real historic frescoes, or illustrations for the loading screens! =)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast