Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

To me the battle AI was better in Rome 1, then in 2 and i hoping they mix the two and come up with something great.

Am I the only one thinking those circular icons instead of flags are made to appeal to mobile wielding casuals?

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Music, Gameplay, Campaign info and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    that's not actually true, Muhammad gained his followers through preaching, after ten years of preaching he had to immigrate and his followers to Yathrib to escape Persecution from Pagan Meccans, at that moment the Muslims declared their own nation and fought back the Meccans in which the war ended with the peaceful surrender of Mecca in 630 AD , All of Yemen, Oman and the Gulf states converted to Islam without war before Muhammad Died, the Christian community of Arabia existed for 200 years after Muhammad.

-----

Attila sure seems cool, but i'm not gonna be risking anymore, so no Pre-order, will buy after release and reviews on it.
    >When the apostle openly displayed Islam as God ordered him his people did not withdraw or turn against him, so far as I have heard, until he spoke disparagingly of their gods. When he did that they took great offence and resolved unanimously to treat him as an enemy, except those whom God had protected by Islam from such evil, but they were a despised minority. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 166, 167)
    >They said, ‘O Abu Talib, your nephew has cursed our gods, insulted our religion, mocked our way of life and accused our forefathers of error; either you must stop him or you must let us get at him, for you yourself are in the same position as we are in opposition to him and we will rid you of him.’ (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 167, 168)
    >They [the Quraysh] said that they had never known anything like the trouble they had endured from this fellow; he had declared their mode of life foolish, insulted their forefathers, reviled their religion, divided the community, and cursed their gods. What they had borne was past all bearing, or words to that effect (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 183).
    After which he sent raids to attack Meccan caravans, the Meccans fight back and he only wins due to the fact that the raiders had fanatical devotion to their beloved prophet, converting people by force, and those who have seen the massacres commited by the muslims convert out of fear, the rest can live as third class citizens of course as long as they are christian or jews, pagans or anyone else will be eliminated.
    Last edited by BosnianKnight; January 19, 2015 at 05:34 AM.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

I'm glad Darren was honest on this. I was hoping for another Napoleon Total War type comeback, but unfortunately it just seems like a slightly more involved dlc. Oh well. If I want to play Rome 2 Total War, I'll just go play Rome 2 Total War. No need to waste another $30 for the same game.

And upcoming R2 mods look promising. Much rather play those than wait till CA patches it 7 times so its balanced and then 10 more times to fix performance issues.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by BosnianKnight View Post
    >When the apostle openly displayed Islam as God ordered him his people did not withdraw or turn against him so far as I have heard,
    they did, here's the full text of what Muhammad told them and what they responded, from the Most accepted Islamic Source on his Biography:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    " he Stood on a high place, and said "Good Morning!" His voice resounded on the mountain and attracted the attention of the people. Large crowds from various tribes hurried toward him to hear what he was going to say. he turned to them and said, "O my people! Will you believe me if I say there is an army marching behind this mountain which is about to attack you?" they said " Yes, we know you as an Honest man, you have never lied to us before " he then said: "O people of Quraish! I warn you to fear God's punishment, I am the Messenger of God to you in particular, and to all People, Save yourself from the fire! the Likeness of me and you is like that of the sentry who sees the enemy from afar and warns his people of the danger of their enemies. Does such a person ever lie to his people?, O Quraish! Save yourselves from the fire! I can neither Harm you or Profit you, i Cannot Stop God's Punishment if you Disbelieve"

then a Group of the People said " Damn you for the Rest of the Day! Have you gathered us here only to tell us these words?" {Ibn Kathir, Al-Bidayah wa'l Nihayah}

until he spoke disparagingly of their gods. When he did that they took great offence and resolved unanimously to treat him as an enemy, except those whom God had protected by Islam from such evil, but they were a despised minority. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 166, 167)
    what he said to them is already Mentioned in the Qur'an: {How do you worship besides God something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you?} {5:76}

this question did indeed offend them, though it was not a Pointless insult like "Curse your Idols", rather it was a rhetorical Question to show them that Idols which they themselves create can never be Divine.

After which he sent raids to attack Meccan caravans, the Meccans fight back and he only wins due to the fact that the raiders had fanatical devotion to their beloved prophet, converting people by force, and those who have seen the massacres commited by the muslims convert out of fear, the rest can live as third class citizens of course as long as they are christian or jews, pagans or anyone else will be eliminated.
    mmm unfortunately you got that incorrectly, he did not attack them because they did not believe in him, at the beginning, when he openly declared his message, he did not kill or harm anyone, he was telling them his opinion on their Idols, when they saw that he gained followers, they tortured anyone who followed him, and killed them, so who attacked the other first? it was Quraish who tortured his followers and attempted to killed Muhammad several times, after 10 years of prosecution, Muhammad and his followers secretly left Mecca, leaving their families, wealth and homes, when Quraish heard that they escaped, they took the wealth and houses, and enslaved the women, when you see your unarmed followers tortured to death you are expected to do something to stop it.

other thing here you got completely wrong, there is no mention in any source of Forced conversions or annihilating of Jews and Christians, in fact, large numbers of Jews and Christians remained in Arabia Magna even until the Times of the Abbasids, and there are over 400,00 Yemeni Jews today ( though most of them immigrated after the Creation of Israel ) the Prophet Muhammad in his own words said that Christians and Jews are to be respected, never forcibly converted or Overtaxed, ( Source: Bukhari, Kitab Ahl Al-Thimmah ) the Qur'an makes no distinction between the Tax that Muslims pay and the Tax paid Christians and Jews.

by the way, we shouldn't discuss this here, please send me your reply as PM or VM.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    To be honest I wasn't expecting much. Talking about the faults of Rome II at this point isn't like beating a dead horse, it's like rapping on an eohippus fossil with a funerary chopstick. Seeing as how they have been bluntly carried over to Attila, it of course doesn't leave me with much to say about the game either. Whether I will obtain it or not however might depend on what Dresden does with it.

I do like the UI upgrades, although at times it does feel a little too clunky and excessive. However many of the campaign features seem to be a step in the positive direction, such as for instance, the army morale metric which I feel played a huge. Politics still seem a bit ill thought out and dijointed, based on the videos I've seen, but I hope that it will be smoothed over by release and in the patches.

All in all I recommend waiting at least a year before buying this game. Rome II became a legitimate game in about a year after its release after a flurry of patches and the efforts of the community. I sincerely hope that Sega will have the prudence to release more tools for modders, such as at the very least a campaign map editor. Further down the road I would really love to see something that allows the editing of province settlements enabling such features as custom settlements and maybe even the return of a more Med/Rome II type city management.
    Well proposed and expressed Senor Jung
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Aye, thanks Darren. I'll be avoiding this until it's modded to hell and the price comes way down.

And to those who thought he was Welsh?!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by baradona View Post
    Thanks Auran for saying what I had in my mind and I totally agree with you because picturing Prohpet Muhammed in a game and him getting wounded or killed is unacceptable.
    Would love to see a game were muhammed takes an arrow in the face. Would pay a lot of money for it.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Seems this will be just as as Rome 2... I've already seen enough with what has been shown so far.

Time to farm up for Shogun 2 : http://raptr.com/store/item/total-wa...t&category=all XD

Pfff... Same mistakes and bugs as in R2TW battles. I was doubtful, but now I'm not buying.

Thanks for being honest, Darren.

PD: Plus, I,' really annoyed they're gonna charge us for the blood again. (Thats what it seems as it was removed from the first Attila videos)
    Last edited by Draikz; January 21, 2015 at 07:23 AM.
    UPC project - Spanish assistant-translator - No longer

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    I'm glad Darren was honest on this. I was hoping for another Napoleon Total War type comeback, but unfortunately it just seems like a slightly more involved dlc. Oh well. If I want to play Rome 2 Total War, I'll just go play Rome 2 Total War. No need to waste another $30 for the same game.
    $45
    http://www.amazon.com/Total-War-ATTI.../dp/B00PYWLXH8

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

45 bucks for Rome II: Barbarian Invasion. Really shame on anyone that buys this.
    Imperium Romanum

Please keep the "ur religion sux" diatribes where they belong. Which is actually nowhere. Let's keep this topic about the games.

Speaking of which I'm not against a hypothetical TW game set during the early Islamic conquests and featuring the Byz..err sorry the Eastern Roman Empire, Sassanids, the emerging Arab Caliphate and Gokturks as playable factions. The controversy of visually depicting Muhammad can be avoided by setting the campaign's start date at 632 AD, but I wonder how faithful Muslims would react to the game featuring Arab historical protagonists such as Abu Bakr, Umar and military commander Khalid al-Walid?

bollard's Avatar Foederatus

Great review Darren, and as a few others have stated I thought the "look" of the graphics in the battle looked cluttered and to me downgraded from previous. Maybe just my perception, but all in all I was disappointed by the look and apparent immersion this offered me. I was getting excited about the game , but now have reservations. That said I am only too aware of how I had my expectations shattered when Rome II first came out , so I ought to be cautious and lower my expectations accordingly - sigh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bollard View Post
    Great review Darren, and as a few others have stated I thought the "look" of the graphics in the battle looked cluttered and to me downgraded from previous. Maybe just my perception, but all in all I was disappointed by the look and apparent immersion this offered me. I was getting excited about the game , but now have reservations. That said I am only too aware of how I had my expectations shattered when Rome II first came out , so I ought to be cautious and lower my expectations accordingly - sigh!!!!
    You really cannot review a beta version of the game - as Darren said himself this is a preview of an old beta build he was given access to.
    I'm pretty sure he will do a review when he's given a final copy of the game or buys it as it would be misleading to call this video a review.
    Last edited by swoosh so; January 23, 2015 at 05:09 PM.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    You really cannot review a beta version of the game
    As we've found out so painfully before, the beta versions shown of Rome 2 were actually vastly better than what we got in reality. So while you're logic holds true for most things, with this new game series from CA, we should expect far worse from the final product, if we're intellectually honest about it.

Furthermore, the fact that they would remove realistic battle identifiers (like unit flags and the smaller banners) to replace them with browser flash game style icons in the first place is extremely disconcerting.

''The game is in way way pre-alpha so the real game will look even much much better than this. We have a budget larger..................''

Thanks Darren for your objectivity. I've got to admit it doesn't look like anything I'll be rushing to buy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast