Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Music, Gameplay, Campaign info and more.

Three Kingdoms DLC! I called it

This is actually makes sense for the time period (AD 220–280)

Last edited by SD_Man; November 16, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by baradona View Post
    I don't really think they would want to do a rise of Islam DLC since it will have a lot of controversy and bring unnecessary issues/debates to them.
    "A rise of Islam DLC" would not drag many educated (as we are on TWC) into debates about how US demolished their WTC, starting a attack war in Iraq and even rise of Islam is not neccesarily equal to the rise of ISIS and sorts.

I can remember that many complaint about the missed jewish power, and the absence of religion at all, in Rome 2. Sad enough. Civilization as an example brought back religion into the game. But for some reason this topic is always complicated. I just remember the parody of the Civ 4 Theme Song "Baba Yetu" where it says "you can even create jewish nazis"... yes it was possible to do that as some people abuse things dramatically - yet it is still a game.

But on topic Total War has a very very powerful turkish and also islamic fanbase. I think they would be pleased to have their religion in the game (beside other ofc). I a lot would appreciate to see religions to play a role in Total War games. At the end CA decided to simplify it with the cultural influence.
    Last edited by alQamar; November 17, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

i have a simple question for attila total war how much is going to cost?
    when rome 2 released i found it for 35 euros with dlc greek city states in my country greece.
    except that we will need money to upgrade our systems so be merciful and dont go high on price
    i think a price around 25 euros will be alright does anyone disagree?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

You should wait for prices at g2play.net or onlinkeystore.com. Additionally I do not see a reason why we should not recreate the "best prices" thread we also had for Rome 2.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

since we see no Irish no here I'll be going Viking.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Excellent video! pre-order...I don't think so. Look forward to the reviews before I buy and that's a first for me for a totalwar game!!

zealox's Avatar Laetus

I wish there was no pre order, and I wish that there was no dlc for the norse :/ and that the huns were playable, unless it's going to be like Napoleon Total War when the came focuses on Napoleon, on this case Atilla !

Quote Originally Posted by master88 View Post
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info! I do agree with the most of the design moves they are making. Lets hope that CA gets their stuff in order so that their final product will exceed their previews and alpha footage (cause graphics aint everything....).

It would be nice however to make 3 MAIN DLC's for this game. These would be "Rise of the Moon" (600AD/700AD Rise of Islam), "Sons of Darkness" (1200AD or so Mongol Invasion) & Plebeian Powers (Ability to play with about 10 minor factions with their associated building and army updates etc). So that they wont look like their "milking" their fan base. Maybe bit later will explain in detail the DLC ideas in my head but these are my thoughts about the situation at the moment. #humble #my2cents
    Rise of Islam would never happen. At least not taking place in the 7th century. Islam didn't expand into an existing state peacefully like Christianity. It expanded at the point of a sword under Muhammad and later under his relations. That fact isn't not going to sit well with people.
    You of course aren't going to be able to play as Muhammad, and the Rashidun Caliphate (632 - 661 AD) was ruled by various people related by blood or by marriage to Muhammad, and are probably important in their own right to the religion. And Muslims don't have a great track record when it comes to depictions of historical figures being represented in media. Not to mention if Muhammad (who often led battles personally) of his relations died in battle in a game, as silly as it sounds, I bet it'd cause some controversy.

You could maybe do the Umayyad Caliphate (661–750 AD) At that point the Muslims already controlled Egypt, much of the Middle East and they had destroyed the Persians Empire. Hardly a "rise," but its probably best to keep Islam out of the title all together if you want to avoid a controversy.

Remember how CA wouldn't touch the Imjin war? Rise of Islam would be like that 10 fold.

As for the Mongols, way too late. Aside from the Byzantines being there, it'd have nothing to do with Rome, or the scope of the game in general. And would basically be Medieval Total War 3.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by rekishiotaku View Post
    Rise of Islam would never happen. At least not taking place in the 7th century. Islam didn't expand into an existing state peacefully like Christianity. It expanded at the point of a sword under Muhammad and later under his relations. That fact isn't not going to sit well with people.
    that's not actually true, Muhammad gained his followers through preaching, after ten years of preaching he had to immigrate and his followers to Yathrib to escape Persecution from Pagan Meccans, at that moment the Muslims declared their own nation and fought back the Meccans in which the war ended with the peaceful surrender of Mecca in 630 AD , All of Yemen, Oman and the Gulf states converted to Islam without war before Muhammad Died, the Christian community of Arabia existed for 200 years after Muhammad.

-----

Attila sure seems cool, but i'm not gonna be risking anymore, so no Pre-order, will buy after release and reviews on it.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Very well done Darren! I especially agree about:

1) Flags - absolutely useless change to something that was not broken
    2) Battle speed - Rome 2 is too fast and artificial for me and hundreds of other users, the battle speed of Dresden's mods is what I prefer strongly.
    3) Campaign flags would be better
    4) Unit Icons are going to be modded first, but it will take months, these look ugly and I hope they are not going to be the release vesrion.
    5) I personally am actually looking forward to faction DLC's for Picts, Bulgars, Georgians, and Normans. I would love to see a serious Jihad DLC with the rise of Islam, and I would love to see more Christian Factions to choose from (there were more competing within the Roman Empire).

What looks good is:

1) Horde system
    2) Family tree return, and complexity
    3) City development and trade, I play TW games to enjoy managing an empire, the battles have too often been to theatrical and broken for me, I prefer Wargames such as Field of Glory for realism.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

no blood? or another dlc like rome 2?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

yep, for Atilla you need to buy blood & gore again^^ MTW2 was the last game with blood for free.

Great review, as always .
    I like your reviews because you are not afraid to make (constructive) criticism.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Nice preview.
    It seems that CA put more life into Attila then they did into Rome 2, as you can already see in the main menu: The background with the walking soldiers finally made its comeback. I also like that you can see now an animated sprite for every faction.
    Also nice to see that the soundtrack is massively improved compared to Rome 2. In Rome 2, the only non-"Epic" instrument used was the duduk, and that more then overextensive. Obviously the composer was to lazy to research real historical instruments of that era and just took the duduk to add an "ancient" atmosphere to the pieces, even for the barbarians.
    However, already in the main menu i like the use of the typical mongolic thorat singing, allthough in my opinion the piece could be a bit slower and more dark. The campaign map music is also quite good. Can't mess with genious Shogun 2 soundtrack, but its good.

To bad that Attila will still use this Warscape-engine, so i guess i will buy it when it's on sale.

Good review, about the Graphc, battles looks dark to me, if Gem or sweetfx will work, be nice to use them and I'm sure modelers are gearing up for Attila, and who know maybe Rise of Islam is in the works.

Miltone's Avatar Laetus

Man, the horde system is just begging for a 4 player MP campaign.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey DarrenTOTALWar, are you Welsh?
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Burgundian View Post
    Because if you are that's totally hawt.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Burgundian View Post
    nope, Im Irish

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

not much of an Irish accent
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast