Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - The Lastest Info

Instead of creating threads over and over again, I'll just update this with the latest info about the game, the top video is the most recent news!

With a little more time on my hands for the preview, I delve into some of the issues it has.

All the big features from Total War: Attila explained, and how the campaign and battles play out.

Contents of the video:
    Factions - 00:00
    Hordes, how they work - 02:40
    Province Management - 06:00
    Politics, Religion, Faction overview and Government - 09:30
    Techs, Skills, Armies and Agents - 11:30
    Campaign Impressions - 13:00
    Battles, Gameplay and Aesthetics - 14:10

[OLDER NEWS]

So the factions have been revealed and I thought I'd take a look at each one, the DLC and the starting conditions for the Attila campaign!

Hey there everyone, I feel enough time has passed since the initial news blast for Attila that we're due another run down of all the info that has been dripping out of CA lately.

I've gathered all the Q&A's and footage to show you everything you need to know about Attila (that we can know) so far!

If you're the type of person who follows it religiously, then I've also managed to get some of the music from the streams so you can have a listen to the battle soundtrack!

Last edited by DarrenTotalWar; January 17, 2015 at 04:36 PM.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

master88's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Music, Gameplay, Campaign info and more.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info! I do agree with the most of the design moves they are making. Lets hope that CA gets their stuff in order so that their final product will exceed their previews and alpha footage (cause graphics aint everything....).

It would be nice however to make 3 MAIN DLC's for this game. These would be "Rise of the Moon" (600AD/700AD Rise of Islam), "Sons of Darkness" (1200AD or so Mongol Invasion) & Plebeian Powers (Ability to play with about 10 minor factions with their associated building and army updates etc). So that they wont look like their "milking" their fan base. Maybe bit later will explain in detail the DLC ideas in my head but these are my thoughts about the situation at the moment. #humble #my2cents
    Last edited by master88; November 14, 2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Needed More to say
    Roman Gunner

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for the video. I'm looking forward to the game.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by master88 View Post
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info! I do agree with the most of the design moves they are making. Lets hope that CA gets their stuff in order so that their final product will exceed their previews and alpha footage (cause graphics aint everything....).

It would be nice however to make 3 MAIN DLC's for this game. These would be "Rise of the Moon" (600AD/700AD Rise of Islam), "Sons of Darkness" (1200AD or so Mongol Invasion) & Plebeian Powers (Ability to play with about 10 minor factions with their associated building and army updates etc). So that they wont look like their "milking" their fan base. Maybe bit later will explain in detail the DLC ideas in my head but these are my thoughts about the situation at the moment. #humble #my2cents

while the Rise of Islam may be considered close to the times of Atilla, i don't think a Mongol Invasion is suitable for it as it's waaaaaaay after Atilla.

Nice walkthrough, still I'm curious it was the Huns invading from the east that caused a domino effect, they invaded (pushed into) the Goths, who then invaded (pushed into) the Roman Empire territory and so on, So as the Roman player What my Objective. other then being on defense.

They only show the map that has been optimized like they did in Rome. I´m sure the rest of the game will be buggy as hell with the same FPS issues Rome had.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    They only show the map that has been optimized like they did in Rome. I´m sure the rest of the game will be buggy as hell with the same FPS issues Rome had.

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't really think they would want to do a rise of Islam DLC since it will have a lot of controversy and bring unnecessary issues/debates to them.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by baradona View Post
    I don't really think they would want to do a rise of Islam DLC since it will have a lot of controversy and bring unnecessary issues/debates to them.
    Why though?
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

still not buying anything till i see good reviews from trusted community critics. and Im deffinately not gonna get my hopes up
    Dont take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Mahendra Maurya View Post
    Why though?
    If you mean why it would be offensive to Muslims, then this is one reason. The individuals and events in the early days of Islam are cherished and considered sacred to Muslims. Making a game out of them where you can change history would be quite controversial, if not outright offensive. Imagine a game based on the Kingdom of Israel, where the prophets and messengers from three world religions would be rendered and portrayed as in-game characters.

Attila: Total War is good for now
    Last edited by Auran; November 15, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    DarthMod Moderator
    "For what is a man, if he cannot change the world for better." - 11th Century Quote

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Personally, i will never be offended in any way if they do it in the Prophet's time, Portraying him in Films or drawing portraits of him is not Forbidden in Islam, it is only the people who get easily offended for no reason, the Early Muslims avoided drawing him because they didn't want his true identity to change and people start Worshiping him, but now people from around every corner of the World know he was no more than a Prophet, so it's impossible to worship him, if i were CA, i'd do it and let them bark in the streets for as long as they want since it's not prohibited in their Religion.

Imagine a game based on the Kingdom of Israel, where the prophets and messengers from three world religions would be rendered and portrayed as in-game characters.
    What's so Bad about this? their History will not be affected or Corrupted in any way just because of Warscape Based video games
    Last edited by Cyrene; November 15, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

I will forever be dubious about a CA release until I see it in the flesh, especially after RomeII
    Faction researcher for Bithynia, Armenia & Caucases

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    Personally, i will never be offended in any way if they do it in the Prophet's time, Portraying him in Films or drawing portraits of him is not Forbidden in Islam, it is only the people who get easily offended for no reason, the Early Muslims avoided drawing him because they didn't want his true identity to change and people start Worshiping him, but now people from around every corner of the World know he was no more than a Prophet, so it's impossible to worship him, if i were CA, i'd do it and let them bark in the streets for as long as they want since it's not prohibited in their Religion.

What's so Bad about this? their History will not be affected or Corrupted in any way just because of Warscape Based video games

Whatis bad is that when we portray great or exemplary people, especially when we are talking aboutprophets, messengers, and their companions, it is easy for us to diminish and even distort theirtrue image. Remember that it is one thing to do it for educational purposes andanother for entertainment and profit, because at that point you start deviatingand distorting facts into fiction for purposes of appeal and melodrama.

InIslam, it is prohibited to portray the Prophet(PBUH) in any way whatsoever. Thisalso applies to all Prophets(PBUT), which is why all of these Biblical moviesthat are coming out of Hollywood are being banned in Muslim countries. In yourvery own banner you have a Hadeeth of the Prophet(PBUH) that clearly removesany doubt on the matter. I am referring to the one where the Prophet(PBUH)says, "Do notglorify me in the same manner as Christians glorify Jesus, son of Mary".What better way to glorify someone than to paint or carve a statue from theirimage?

Had all of this NOT been prohibited in Islam, you would be seeing the same venerationof icons and images that you see in Orthodox Christianity, as well as otherChristian denominations. In the end, you may take no personal offense becausethat’s your choice, but just because you have different views on a Prophetic ruling doesnot mean you can apply them to an entire religion.
    DarthMod Moderator
    "For what is a man, if he cannot change the world for better." - 11th Century Quote

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thanks Auran for saying what I had in my mind and I totally agree with you because picturing Prohpet Muhammed in a game and him getting wounded or killed is unacceptable even though some people might say it is just a game but it will offend something really sacred that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran View Post
    If you mean why it would be offensive to Muslims, then this is one reason. The individuals and events in the early days of Islam are cherished and considered sacred to Muslims. Making a game out of them where you can change history would be quite controversial, if not outright offensive. Imagine a game based on the Kingdom of Israel, where the prophets and messengers from three world religions would be rendered and portrayed as in-game characters.

Attila: Total War is good for now

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

hmm... Auran i actually agree with a lot of what you say, there might be cases in video games as Baradona said where a prophet would get killed or wounded which might offend muslims ( me included ) i still find myself not really convinced regarding Portraying Prophets in Movies, The Prophet Muhammad -peace be upon him- said "Narrate on me even one word" so i believe a Movie based on his life would do more than that, Books on him may be interesting to some people, but not all people like reading or can read. so in my humble opinion Movies would be more effective in telling one's story than books.

if you don't mind i'd like to say that everything the Prophet allowed or prohibited is for a good reason, he did prohibit the Companions from writing the Hadiths because he feared that it might get mixed with the Qur'an, and if he ( and i didn't really find any, probably i didn't search well ) prohibited drawing images of him it's because he feared we'd worship him later. but today neither the Hadith can get mixed with the Qur'an nor the Prophet's identity mistaken for God.

lastly i would like to say i didn't intend to speak on behalf of muslims, hence the first word in my post was "personally" , so i'm very sorry if my post gave the impression that i do.

master88's Avatar Miles

Please do note I did suggest 600/700 AD (lots of space for the DLC, so we don't need to start offending anyone now)......were also kind of straying off topic. Lets get back onto the topic before moderators come shake down the place........
    Roman Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    hmm... Auran i actually agree with a lot of what you say, there might be cases in video games as Baradona said where a prophet would get killed or wounded which might offend muslims ( me included ) i still find myself not really convinced regarding Portraying Prophets in Movies, The Prophet Muhammad -peace be upon him- said "Narrate on me even one word" so i believe a Movie based on his life would do more than that, Books on him may be interesting to some people, but not all people like reading or can read. so in my humble opinion Movies would be more effective in telling one's story than books.

if you don't mind i'd like to say that everything the Prophet allowed or prohibited is for a good reason, he did prohibit the Companions from writing the Hadiths because he feared that it might get mixed with the Qur'an, and if he ( and i didn't really find any, probably i didn't search well ) prohibited drawing images of him it's because he feared we'd worship him later. but today neither the Hadith can get mixed with the Qur'an nor the Prophet's identity mistaken for God.

lastly i would like to say i didn't intend to speak on behalf of muslims, hence the first word in my post was "personally" , so i'm very sorry if my post gave the impression that i do.
    I think it's best if we don't continue this discourse, since it's not only irrelevant to the topic but far removed from the purpose of this thread. I assure you that with enough research you'll be able to find the answers to all the above, and even learn more about our beloved Prophet in the process. However if you wish to
    continue this discussion then pm me and i'll be happy to answer back when I have the time.

Please do note I did suggest 600/700 AD (lots of space for the DLC, so we don't need to start offending anyone now)......were also kind of straying off topic. Lets get back onto the topic before moderators come shake down the place........
    I agree. Back to topic! How about a DLC that's closer to the late 8th and early 9th centuries, perhaps centering on the time of the Abbasid Caliphate
    DarthMod Moderator

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

First there was Napoleon, what Empire should've been, now there is Attila, what Rome 2 should've been, Every-time we have a bad Total War game, expect a new, total war, that should be an expansion because of it's relation to the game theme/story before it.

Total War once again has hope, lets hope they don't stuff this up... because if they do, well,
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

No Lorica Laminata 4 u
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast