mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Corsair Invasion v1.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis-
    Can that be the solution?
    Maybe, I have set the exact same settings with Zhanguo. :hmmm:

Tiberius Brutus's Avatar Foederatus

Greeting Foruth Age mod team!

Just downloaded this mod last night and I must say I'm really impressed with the work, especially when it comes to the artistic bit!

But as with almost all other mods and especially total conversions, there are some issues I have remarked so far.

• When you build roads and paved roads with RK in Durthang (North of Minas Ithil), these don't appear on the campaign map.
    • This has already been remarked upon, but I will repeat...Balancing is an extremely time-consuming task, but the archers and the happyness/growth rate of RK are waay overpowered.
    • I have noticed that the good traits and ancilliairies outnumber the bad ones by far. Is this intentional?
    • The loyalty stat is present in certain objects/offices/ancilliairies/traits, but there doesn't appear to be a stat for loyalty for the characters. Maybe make another faction called Black Numenorians that only appears when RK governors and cities rebel (A bit like rebel romans in BI). And maybe make certain areas of Haradrim territory (Like the Umbar region) able to rebel and turn back to RK? I haven't seen this so far, but that might just be me who hasn't gotten far enough into the game yet
    • The unit card for the Gondor Hillmen near Anfalas (Outlaw faction) is wrong. It shows them as Lamedon Hillmen instead of the Gondor ones. They are Gondor hillmen one the battlefield btw
    • The age-related traits doesn't seem to change.My King is still youthful at the age of 44 years. This might be intentional for the dunedain though. :hmmm:

That should be all for now. If I find anything else I'd be sure to report it And I say again. Excellent mod so far!

Terje/Tiberius

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

When you build roads and paved roads with RK in Durthang (North of Minas Ithil), these don't appear on the campaign map.

Never observed this. Will check.

This has already been remarked upon, but I will repeat...Balancing is an extremely time-consuming task, but the archers and the happyness/growth rate of RK are waay overpowered.

Known issue. Working on it

I have noticed that the good traits and ancilliairies outnumber the bad ones by far. Is this intentional?

Also known and being worked on.

The loyalty stat is present in certain objects/offices/ancilliairies/traits, but there doesn't appear to be a stat for loyalty for the characters. Maybe make another faction called Black Numenorians that only appears when RK governors and cities rebel (A bit like rebel romans in BI). And maybe make certain areas of Haradrim territory (Like the Umbar region) able to rebel and turn back to RK? I haven't seen this so far, but that might just be me who hasn't gotten far enough into the game yet

The loyalty is not active for CI, but is part of the as-of-yet-unrealeased full campaign. There will be no BNs. This is the Fourth Age. Umbar regions are coded in the ZoR to reflect RK's recent occupation of the area.

The unit card for the Gondor Hillmen near Anfalas (Outlaw faction) is wrong. It shows them as Lamedon Hillmen instead of the Gondor ones. They are Gondor hillmen one the battlefield btw

Dang, thought I got all those. Will check.

The age-related traits doesn't seem to change.My King is still youthful at the age of 44 years. This might be intentional for the dunedain though.

Hmmm...I thought this was working last time I checked. Something for Apoc to check out.

Thx. for your comments and kind words. It is much appreciated.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis-
    Can that be the solution?
    switching the sound provider does fix that problem. i was having it and then i was told to switch from creative to miles fast it worked fine. selecting miles did make it ctd but it it worked during battles.

The problem with roads in Durthang is that Durthang is an extremely small region, and you won't notice the road because it has nowhere to go, or it is to short a distance that it doesn't generate.

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

Yep, and they work in Gorgoroth; the slave folder was left out of the copy for cards (which causes the old Gondor Hillmen cards to appear). This will be corrected. Good find.

im abandonin' this mod due to installation issues and Medieval 2 total war coming out, Good luck though.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

I'm sure you will be missed. Only 19.999 fans left now ...
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I got unfortunately now the first ctd:
    After battle, FO 246 winter i believe (have no save recently, but have a saved FO 245), factions RK:Harad, location is the bridge South Ithilien/North Harandor. Both factions/armies have had reinforcements which appeared on the battlefield. The crash happened as i accepted the battle-result list, if it reminds me right.

Strange, as i fought a lot battles before this ctd at the bridge without problems.
    I believe, i read of another ctd in that area and at this year in another thread ... .

I can send the saved game from FO 245, if wished, just tell me, who shall receive it.
    And i will start from on FO 245 once more to look if the ctd is repeatable.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 08, 2006 at 03:28 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Tiro

About the archers being overpowered, I don't feel the same. I'm usually killing about 300 of Rhun/Harad not best units per archer unit(with consuming all ammo), and this seems completely appropriate to me(with Kings Bowmens, not Gondor Bowmens). They are still much less effective on elite units so they seems just fine to me (playing on Hard/Hard equivalent and huge unit size), and can be masacred by meelee, therefore don't feel a need for any change. I'm usually using 2-6 units of archers in full stacks.
    On strategic map, I have run into an issue when it becomes impossible to open city buildscreen by clicking on the city. But if opened from finished buildings list(and maybe some other way), it is possible again from strategic map. Happened about 6 times to me. No big deal, but haven't seen in vanilla/other mods.

EDIT: I have seen on str map horse archers with long range missiles attribute, maybe I would not give it to horse archer units. Horse archers carried usually smaller bows.
    Last edited by llib; November 08, 2006 at 03:58 PM.

DaVinci, thanks for your testing. Yes, do send me the save.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
    DaVinci, thanks for your testing. Yes, do send me the save.
    Ok, i started my saved game (it was rather FO 243), and played a bit different.
    However, i held my bridge-point as in the former campaign-process, and it ctd'ed as well in 246 winter after the battle (but no reinforcements on the field in this battle), during the back-to-strat-map loading as it nearly finished the load ... however, in both battles i killed the Haradian general (in this ctd-battle it was 'Nabulong of ...', perhaps it has to do with that character died at this step?). As said, also had several battles at the bridge before without issues, and also one direct before the ctd, so it was the second attack of Harad in one turn.

The attachment is the saved game 246winter before the ctd, and i guess, it must be the case, that the after-battle-ctd occurs in the turn-process from 246winter to 247summer ... so see this ctd-description as a correction of the above description.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

got a problem. obviously but anyway, i installed the mod and followed direscions, bot when i ckick on shortcut it starts a messed up version of the original. it says it is rome total war original version 1.6 I uninstalled and tried again, but it is still happening

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by llib
    About the archers being overpowered, I don't feel the same. I'm usually killing about 300 of Rhun/Harad not best units per archer unit(with consuming all ammo), and this seems completely appropriate to me(with Kings Bowmens, not Gondor Bowmens). They are still much less effective on elite units so they seems just fine to me (playing on Hard/Hard equivalent and huge unit size), and can be masacred by meelee, therefore don't feel a need for any change. I'm usually using 2-6 units of archers in full stacks.
    On strategic map, I have run into an issue when it becomes impossible to open city buildscreen by clicking on the city. But if opened from finished buildings list(and maybe some other way), it is possible again from strategic map. Happened about 6 times to me. No big deal, but haven't seen in vanilla/other mods.

EDIT: I have seen on str map horse archers with long range missiles attribute, maybe I would not give it to horse archer units. Horse archers carried usually smaller bows.
    Those were usually composite-bows which were famous for their long range and power, similar to long-bows, and the guys who carried these bows were born in the sattle with these bows

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Brutus
    • I have noticed that the good traits and ancilliairies outnumber the bad ones by far. Is this intentional?
    • The traits and ancillaries are still a work in progress (as is the rest of the mod, of course), so all feedback regarding these are appreciated. More will be added which convey negative bonuses.

• The age-related traits doesn't seem to change.My King is still youthful at the age of 44 years. This might be intentional for the dunedain though. :hmmm:
  16. I think you will find that most characters enter middle-age at around 45 years.

That should be all for now. If I find anything else I'd be sure to report it And I say again. Excellent mod so far!
    Thanks for your feedback and praise!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d
    got a problem. obviously but anyway, i installed the mod and followed direscions, bot when i ckick on shortcut it starts a messed up version of the original. it says it is rome total war original version 1.6 I uninstalled and tried again, but it is still happening
    I bet you didn't change the target line of that shortcut, did you? :wink:

Just a foolish question friends (before I download the mod) Did these people recreated Gondor in the siege map?????

Boosh's Avatar Libertus

Not yet, Constantine, not yet. But as I understand they will.
    -Boosh

Tiberius Brutus's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry for the comment about age-related traits. These seem to change for all Dunedain characters at the age of 44 years.

DaVinci,

I have tested your saved game twice with the bridge battle - and Nabulung was killed in both. However, the CTD you describe only occurred once. It would seem not to be related to the character's death.

I would be greatly appreciative if you or any other person reading this could do some further testing on this to track down the circumstances which cause the CTD as I am working on a lot of other things for a CI fix patch right now. Thx again for everyone's interest in our Mod.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; November 10, 2006 at 05:29 AM.

• Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast