Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corsair Invasion v1.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

Default Re: Corsair Invasion v1.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

Anyone else get unbearable lag when more than a few units are on screen? I'm not sure how I'm getting this lag because I can run M2TW on medium to high and normal rome on high with 40+ FPS. For some reason this mod just completly kills my FPS and gves me loads of mouselag. What's even stranger is that it stays just as laggy with high as with low

EDIT: I can run BI with 6000 men on full settings and I only get half as much lag as FATW. This mod really looks good and I really want to play it so any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by Coey; November 05, 2006 at 06:11 PM.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Hmmm...we have most of the lods done (unlike many mods) so that's not the problem. Sprites remain undone for many units but I have not noticed a lag. Try switching off the grass and shadows. There was a bit of a lag on my old card (anm FX 5200 Nvidia with 128 MB) when the armies were large but it does not sound like a vid card problem from what you say.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I've turned everything off and still there's almost no improvemnet. I thought it might be sprites aswell but from what distant models look alot like sprites.

I'm getting the Barbarian large city CAS problem too. I've reinstalled, and i followed the directions exactly. I don't know what to do. Any help? I was really looking foward to this mod.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman4720
    I'm getting the Barbarian large city CAS problem too. I've reinstalled, and i followed the directions exactly. I don't know what to do. Any help? I was really looking foward to this mod.
    OK I have solved it. I couldn't give up as this mod is too good and I had to play it.

For all of you who are getting the large & huge cisty CAS problem here's what you do to fix.

Go into:
    bi/ci/data/settlement_plans/barbarian_large_city.txt

Add "ci" to the CAS paths as follows:
    floor ../../../bi/ci/data/settlement_plans/underlays/barbarian_large_city_underlay.CAS ../../../bi/ci/data/settlement_plans/overlays/barbarian_large_city_overlay.CAS

street_plan ../../../bi/ci/data/settlement_plans/street_plans/barbarian_large_city_pathfinding.CAS

also same to: bi/ci/data/settlement_plans/barbarian_huge_city.txt
    add "ci" to the path for the floor CAS & Street plan CAS just as I've mentioned above.

problem solved. It appears that the paths are missing the "ci" folder for some reason.

Cheers!

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Did someone already repost the phantom trade/missing harbor in Achas Annabon?
    And the sea flood... Flooded 20% of ALL my ships... North, south and in Mordor...

i got this error: Script error in data/descr_walls.txt at line1349 column 34. expected culture egypt

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

My only technical problem is, as already in the release topic stated, that i have the original vanilla unit-speeches (unit-select and pre-battle) besides the new ones in battles; i run a german RTW-BI, so anybody who have also running a german RTW-BI version, please tell me if you have as well this problem.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Libertus

I had that Barbarian large city error and i fixed it and it worked the game loads, but when i try to play the campaign i get this error:

Error filename doesn't exist: bi/data/models_strat/bi_strat_diplomat.CAS

Plus whenever i try to play a custom battle game the whole thing just crashes without an error message. Screwed up.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Boosh's Avatar Libertus

I've got 2

-Sometimes when I come out of battle mode and back to the campaign map the game unexpectedly quits. I have no other programs running in the background.
    -When I conquer a territory a sound byte plays that says "Rome has Conquered!" or another one similar to it plays. I also occasionally get this when I fight against other armies and win. Note that I have only played for the Reunited Kingdom so far, so I don't know if this is universal.

EDIT- Make that 3, actually. I too have the Rome, Total War speeches for my units, they haven't seemed to change, although they're generic and can work for any faction, it would be cool if they spoke up against each faction in FA: TW.
    Last edited by Boosh; November 06, 2006 at 08:16 AM.

Is this safe to use with the JSGME mod enabler, after creating the ci folder and moving everything in place?

Kudos to all for an excellent product, of course its requires some polish and here are some i noticed, not wishing to be negative, there are buckets loads of things i like but wont bother to list them, rather concentrate of what needs some tinkering with.

Loading screens, the runes in the divider are there, just hard to see, as is the cracks of the two Argonath figures, just highlight them and sharpen by two levels to make them more visually appealing and eye friendly, same goes for the bottom divider, sharpen up the map detail so it stands out along with the cheek guard on the helmet. there are a number of other scrolls etc, that would benifit from use of sharpen to make them stand out more. of course it coule be my eyes mind you, but i find it better anyway.

map, ground types, Mordor mountains have been ommitted, add them in along with re touching up of more woods, and hills all over the map, swamp following river line and so on, break up the uniform mordor terrian, Cair Andros should be a raised hill rather than flat. I believe the map could be increased in size overall by 50%-75% to get a better feel, or reduce movement allowances, this would allow more provinces, many are missing at present. make sure provinces have sufficent productive pixels of terrian to make them viable targets by the Ai for attack, ie all barren provinces dont figure in Ai attack calcs, produce rubbish income even if you use the region base mutiplier to force it produce income.

Units, rather than go the CA route of best units in biggest City, try instead to have larger units from bigger citys, smaller units from towns/villages as the more realsitic method, ie milita sized units are 50% bigger at tier 3 and 5 of a city size, make each faction units sizes reflective of cultures that use mass over quality, ie RK unist uniformly smaller than Harad, very much smaller mind you not just a bit. Include an auto merge post combat for units.

Include the skymod from Duke John, very atmospheric and suits ME to a T.

citys, the buildings are just not working right at present as the acumalated bonuses all make them to easy to govern, give massive poulation growth, take to little time to construct and so on, of course micro management of citys is not what everyone wants, but at present, the characters and buildings make it a non starter imo.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I had a strange phenomenon: In battles, the game lagged like a duck in a meat roaster. I set everything to lowest, but had the same problem. Then I set everything to max and the game runs perfectly... I mean, what the hell?
    Probably not related to FATW though but a general weirdness of my video card

Quote Originally Posted by HBI
    I had that Barbarian large city error and i fixed it and it worked the game loads, but when i try to play the campaign i get this error:

Error filename doesn't exist: bi/data/models_strat/bi_strat_diplomat.CAS

Plus whenever i try to play a custom battle game the whole thing just crashes without an error message. Screwed up.

Yeah I'm getting the same issues. I just gave up last night. I have to say for such a professionally done mod it is very poor when it comes to the installer . I've been playing mods for over 2 years and this is the first time I could not get one working . Maybe next time the team can spend some time on a proper installer.

Cheers!

Amd 64 dual core, 2gb ddr, nvidea 7800 gtx.
    Instaling was tricky at 1st until I realized the auto instaler placed a few folders not on the directory where i want the mod but to the default game 1.
    What I did was to install the mod on a external folder and then copy/past to the folder where I want it to install.
    Music pack instaled as expected.
    I had also to create the path to the exec manually as explained on the topic.
    Lanched the game and since then I hadnt any pbls.
    Running wonderfull at max settings.

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis-
    I believe you can do so by going to Rome - Total War > bi > ci > preferences and opening preferences.txt. Scroll down to CAMPAIGN_MAP_SPEED_UP:TRUE and change that to CAMPAIGN_MAP_SPEED_UP:FALSE. I have not done it myself, but I think that will work.
    That worked. Thanks!

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

- some unit shadows start blinking when zooming out
    - bodyguards of Rhûn are too expensive, as chariots are not that effective against close infantry formations (like shield walls)
    - heavy cavalry formation seems not close enough to provide an effective charge
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    Yeah I'm getting the same issues. I just gave up last night. I have to say for such a professionally done mod it is very poor when it comes to the installer . I've been playing mods for over 2 years and this is the first time I could not get one working . Maybe next time the team can spend some time on a proper installer.
    Well we found an installer that'd let us delete things, but it just froze when we added files to it (on 2 computers). So we had to go with this. Now, for most of the people the installing is easy, but unfortunately there are people for which their computers give them problems, and that happens for one of thousand. There are also unfortunately people that don't know how to install it properly, even though there is a good guide with screenshots to it!

Oh and the shortcut is badly done I agree, but we were in a hurry to release it before M2 and as I said, the other installer froze.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir
    There are also unfortunately people that don't know how to install it properly, even though there is a good guide with screenshots to it!
    Well I can assure you that I don't fall under that category as I have moded games myself and know a thing or two about mods installations etc. Your installer does not instal properly. I had to go in and manually modify certain paths because of the poor installer. I had to manually instal everything to make it work. If I can perform a manual installation of your mod I am sure I can read instructions with "pictures" which don't do a thing if your installer doesn't work properly. You can point it to the right path but it will ignore certain files and leave them under the default "bi". Strange how this is the only mod that my computer "chose" to go haywire on. Hmmmmm......

I didn't say you were one of those, but as I said it is just a fraction of all people who download our mod that has problems with it, and for those people the installer did everything correctly. Maybe your download failed?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast