Thread: CTD Siege Islands, Links Broken

Default CTD Siege Islands, Links Broken

Hey guys

Excellent mod, love the depth and dominating the isles.

Was playing as Scotland, and experienced a CTD for each island I attempted to manually take. All of the small islands between Ireland and Britain caused a CTD when I sieged them, also the closest rebel fortress to the southwest of Scotland.

No issues with any non-siege land battles.

Has anyone else encountered trouble with those islands? A few are formidable, so can't auto resolve and win!

Trying to re-install to possibly fix, but both download links are broken. Torrent is stuck at 1kb/s.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: CTD Siege Islands, Links Broken

Hmm, I haven't had any crashes like that before. I just checked the links and the FileFactory one works fine for me so maybe try that again? If not then I'll try and reupload it again or something.

Have you checked your crash log to see what it says? It should be saved here, or wherever it is that you have M2TW installed:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs\RB.system.log.txt

The File Factory link redirects me to a 404 page, so I had to click 'stop' before that and then was able to re-download.

I applied the 'scot' fix that I found on the forum, and haven't had any issues since!

That must have been it. It would be good to add a link to the scot fix on the main download so people can find it more easily.

Thanks!

Glad to here you've got it working, hope you enjoy the mod now it's hopefully stopped crashing!

The Scotland Hotfix is on the main download page, it's just below the torrent link. I uploaded both the main mod and the hotfix again yesterday, I made a new thread with both in and the instructions of where to extract the hotfix to here.