Thread: Wrath of Harrenhal

Default Wrath of Harrenhal

Looming alone in the dark, sitting on her ice-cold throne, made of stone sat Lady Lothston. She was mistress of the largest castle in Westeros. She had ruled it for many years now. And her family had ruled it long before she had done. But she felt empty inside. As empty and cold as the very stones of this castle. Empty and mocked. Mocked by her very own vassals. Which had angered her. She had burned the ravens alive who had brought the bad news of two of her vassals declining their support for there liege. Father would never have allowed this. She thought. They might think I am weak. They might have consulted me in why they failed to raise there levy. Don't they understand it was for their own good? To protect them for these strange bandits.

She might have understood the reasons for ser Blanetree, who was recently the victim of the raid. However, he should have consulted her, which he failed to do. Ser Wode had no excuse and had brought the wrath of Lady Danelle upon himself and his family. She had thought about it, what to do about this situation?

She had consulted with herself and the ghosts of Harrenhal and had made a decision about what she should do.

The maester was called out his bed and she commanded him to write letters to the knights of Esgaroth and Shoreham. Summoning them to Harrenhal.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Wrath of Harrenhal

Rolled 5, 9. Chance was 19/20 like the regular levy roll, so both attend.

Ser Hullen of Esgaroth and Ser Wyman of Shoreham arrived at Harrenhal.
    Last edited by Adamat; November 10, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

ooc: Those vassals are the only ones who did not raise their banners.

It was late in the afternoon when the both landed knights came to Harrenhal. It was cold and raining, Winter came to the Riverlands at last. In the great hall where Danelle sat on her throne, the cold could be felt. She was seated in the hall of a hundred hearths, and all of them were lighted. But it was for the largest part. It was all there only as a show of power. As Harrenhall had raised its banners, the castle was filled with soldiers, the halls filled with guards and the great hall filled with trusted household knights, whom had been in her and her fathers service for years now. Some even came from Riverrun and stayed here after the destruction of Riverrun in the war.
    "Ser Hullen, ser Wyman." she said in a low voice to the two men, her voice echoing in the hall. "Both of you ignored my orders and failed to raise your bannerman after I, as your lady liege had commanded you to do, in name of my lord husband, lord Edric Tully of the Riverlands." she looked down upon them from her mighty throne. "How do you explain yourselves?"

Ooc: sorry

The two men looked at eachother, and then instantaneously the answers came. "Missing ravens I guess," the Lord of Estermont said. "A call to arms?" The other asked. "I cannot recall anything of the sorts."

"You think that I'm fooled by that?" she asked them. "Do you believe that I would send but one raven to each of you? Are you suggesting that I'm stupid, sers?"

Ser Hullen blushed. "Well, perhaps not, My Lady," he stuttered. "The last harvest of the season was upon us..." While his fellow spat out sort of a truth, Ser Wyman knew not when to stop. "You have my word, My Lady, my maester has not informed me of any raven coming from Harrenhal."

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Ser Hullen blushed. "Well, perhaps not, My Lady," he stuttered. "The last harvest of the season was upon us..." While his fellow spat out sort of a truth, Ser Wyman knew not when to stop. "You have my word, My Lady, my maester has not informed me of any raven coming from Harrenhal."
    "Then you should learn to control your maester!" she yelled at him. "If you can not control your maester, it is no wonder you failed to provide me with enough men." she pointed to Wyman. "And if you cannot control your smallfolk, I question if you are even worthy of a castle." she was greatly angered by there incompetence. "If the Lannisters were back in the Riverlands again and I should wait for the likes of you to protect my people, we would all be dead by now!"

She leaned forward, while seating on her throne. "So tell me; how will you make up for your incompetence?"

"Suggest something, My Lady," Hullen said. "I shall try my best to grant you it." He tried to keep the Lady in good spirits, but he was a little bit afraid of the harsh speech...

Wyman shrugged. "I'll give you my Maester's head on a pike, if that would satisfy your need for revenge," he said. "I can find others who do know how to handle ravens."

Hullen was a fool. She already noticed that before, but she had never realised that he was such an idiot. Small wonder he rarely left his castle. But this Wyman was made of more solid stuff. "The Maester's head on a pike will be a solid start." Danelle said. "And ask the maesters of Oldtown someone who is preferably not blind."

She was getting to the point now. "But it is not enough. I have decided that you will both pay the sum of ten thousand golden dragons a year for a time period of five years. as a compensation of your incompetence of raising the banners when I asked you to do so. As to make sure that the gold will be coming to my castle, each of you will send a son by tomorrow-night to my household. They will be treated with the necessary respect, befitting their ranks. Unless of course.. you are not able to raise the necessary means to pay me. Then I fear I will have to be less kind towards them. Do you understand me?"

The Lords looked at eachother for a moment, the steep price surprising them. Then, both kneeled. "As you wish, My Lady," Hullen said. "It shall be done," said the other. "If we may take our leave now, we can make preparations for the wards."

[Did these wards arrive?]

Ooc: thought you never wrapped this up, also couldn't check if you actually added the money to your accounts because you have none and as such I thought we never wrapped this up. But if it is wrapped up, I'll have to initate the next stage.