Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - The White Horse (Official Trailer)

CA Developer Icon Total War: ATTILA - The White Horse (Official Trailer)

“And I saw, and behold a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him, and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.” – Revelation 6:2

We’ve released a brand new cinematic trailer for Total War: ATTILA, which heralds the coming of the apocalypse.

As the world descends into the mists of the Dark Ages, civilisation begins to crumble. Early Christians of Western Europe clamour to repent, stricken by looming omens of a divine apocalypse. In this climate of turmoil, the Eastern Roman Empire stands at a crossroads.

Secure behind the impenetrable walls of Constantinople, there are opportunities for fresh conquest. But with the warlike Visigoths to the North, the heathen Sassanids to the East, and their closest ally to the west stretched thin and tearing itself apart in its greed, is now truly the time to ride out and expand the Empire? And who will rightfully wear the crown?

To follow The Four Horsemen and see how key themes of these cinematic trailers created using the ATTILA engine are brought to life in gameplay, subscribe to our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/thecreativeassembly
    The formal disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

For solutions thread - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...support-forums
    To post a technical issue - http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum

Feel free to PM me at any time if you wish to discuss any issues or pass on feedback- If you are rude I will not respond.

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - The White Horse (Official Trailer)

I read it as the White House. Anyway, artistically the trailer was ok, but like all the Rome 2 trailers didn't excite me. I only found Hannibal crossing the Alps a really good trailer.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

A cool trailer for sure but kinda incoherent.
    Also Visigoths confirmed as a faction.
    Last edited by Linke; November 07, 2014 at 10:42 AM.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Pure awesome! Keep it up CA!

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I hate video game trailers which as we know from the Hannibal one usually has nothing to do with the actual game. But that was pretty good. Hope it looks that good playing in real time.
    Last edited by Huberto; November 07, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Good historical fore-shadowing and an entertaining trailer. Visigoths confirmed as well. (As if I had any doubt)
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Epic28's Avatar Senator

"Secure behind the impenetrable walls of Constantinople"

Unless you are sieged for a few turns in which case those impenetrable walls magically disappear when the battle starts...

Siege Escalation ftw
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

I didn't really like any of the Rome 2 trailers at all but this one kind of piqued my interest.

Pretty boring.

Nice trailer but it is just a trailer i hope you Devs this time make the game how RTW II sould have be all along awesome and immersive... And with a challenging AI that use different formations and make a reforging army act alone when they are far away and not that the main army waits for it and stands still so you can easy finish them off.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

trailer tells nothing of actual game, if anything Empire and Rome 2 taught us to beware of CA's words. Wait till the first price drop till I decide on this game lol.

Now this was a pretty good trailer!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Remember Carthage.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Nice to see something new about the coming game.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    A cool trailer for sure but kinda incoherent.
    I agree. It was a bit of a throw a bit of everything trailer. I was surprised to see Huns in the enemy side while the narrator talked about reclaiming the West and we saw something like a coup just earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Also Visigoths confirmed as a faction.
    Did anyone expected something else ?

Also the campaign map is such a sad sight

Additional question : will roman infantry wear different body armour than mail ? Something like lamellar armour for example ?
    As a friendly tip you guys should rework the mail design around the neck and the shoulders and maybe do something for more accurate military clothes. Forgive me to provide only miniatures pictures but it is kind of a global agreement on both

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit : Forgive me, the clothe is good. I am such a fan of it, I overacted. There is definitely something I dislike about Warscape "appearance and physic" but the look itself is good.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; November 07, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

nice trailer.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; November 07, 2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: off-topic
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Are we going to get one trailer for each sigil?

Since the trailer shows off a Gladiator with two swords, I wonder, is Attila going to feature dual wielding units?

Also I hope these civilian suply carts will actually be in the game.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

None of the things shown in this video will come in the game.

Remember Carthage video!!!

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

ERE is probably who I'll go for first on playing the game. Nice trailer! I was surprised to see Lionel Messi walk in at 2:01 though!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I get that this is supposed to be a trailer for the Eastern Empire kinda.
    Also if there is someway to use those carts, even if just as static objects for screens that would be awesome.

Uppdate: I also noticed the senate room, its like the one in Rome 2 trailers but many hundred years later, I dont know why but that gives me a good feeling.
    Last edited by Linke; November 07, 2014 at 02:08 PM.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Please show us the animation for throwing the Plumbata. That is important to me.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast