Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

Default [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

As was being discussed here in this thread, there might be an interest for players to try each other's save games. If you feel you are at an interesting point in your campaign please feel free to post the save game. For example, if your empire is at a cool historical timeframe or if a certain AI power has become a fun opponent, others might also enjoy trying the save.

Remember, you have to zip the save file in order to attach it to the forums. Thanks to Thomas Cochrane for the idea for this. Usually your save can be found in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games

Also, if you are using any submods make sure to list those as well. Ideally, most saves posted should only be using DeI to ensure compatibility (graphics mods should be fine, they don't affect the save file).
    Last edited by Dresden; November 04, 2014 at 03:05 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

Please upload!

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

This is honestly a simple but great idea. I don't know why we haven't done this before. Rome 2 just got much more interesting!
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

Quote Originally Posted by dmperu11 View Post
    I don't know why we haven't done this before. Rome 2 just got much more interesting!
    It has been done before
    I did it once before back in the days of Empire and Imperial Splendour. It was awesome! Definitely for a TW game with the biggest campaign map ever...
    Therefore, a game with a big map like Rome II also lends itself exemplary for this!
    Writer of Historia Romana

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Could you direct me to that TTocsxic?

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

No one? Come on let's share our savegames

Yes, please post your saves! Even if you aren't sure how interesting they are, many people will appreciate them

These are from ThomasCochrane in this thread

This save is of the combined Roman army under Publius Aemilianus Cornelius Scipio (not yet Africanus) besieging Carthage for the final time. It will be much like the vanilla scenario, but with much more troops. (sadly, Carthage has no Military Port, cus the AI bastards never build one.
    Delenda est Carthago

This file is of the Roman annexation of Macedonia. I had some serious difficulty getting through the pike phalanxes (come on DEI 1.0!), so I had to overwhelm the greeks. There are elephants brought from Africa, and greek auxiliaries eager to help rid the world of the Macedonians.
    Annexation of Macedon
    The deal Rome refused:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The next save I've decided to upload is in 118BCE. Consul Scipio Africanus has retired from military duty, while Gaius Marius has recently been promoted to Legatus, and has begun raising a new army of legionaries. The Roman Empire is moving eastwards, while Hispania still needs quelling.
    The Marian Age

My current Save. The Roman empire is on the edge of ruin, despite its burgeoning size. The massive size of its armed forces are causing demand for a new source of income. The untapped eastern lands have been selected as the next target for the reformed legions. The Selukids were runied early in the campaign, but reappeared with tenfold vigour, and expanded eastwards rapidly. The Asia Minor holdings are now occupied by Pontus, who own the entire Levant. Therefore, in the interest of historical accuracy, we pretend that Pontus is the historical Selukid Empire, and the Selukids take the place of the historical Parthian empire. Despite their popular standing amongst the eastern nations, Rome has been able to justify its war with Pontus (Selukids) by coming to the aid of their Bosphoran friends. Meanwhile, Egypt has thrown off the yoke of Pontic (Selukid) dominion and expanded once more in alliance to Rome. Cyrenaica, although historically incorporated into the Roman empire by this date (cannot be done through diplomacy), is a strong ally. Lucius Cornelius Sulla has last year received a triumph for his successful war against the Lusitani. Quintus Sertorius remains in Spain to quell the simmering rebellions. Carthage is finally being rebuilt from the ashes as a roman colonia...
    Into the east

In order to use these saves, you will need DEI, and stop_barbarian_empires DEI submod.
    You will not NEED them, but I also use:
    - dresden_sack_liberate_diplomatic_options
    - GEM, aztec_version2_full
    - md_mod_nohdr_saturation
    - mod_moretownsandcitiesv3
    - noif_better_horses_elephants_and_dogs
    - better_siege_equipment
    Last edited by Dresden; November 12, 2014 at 01:08 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post14188717

This is the link to that thread. Dresden, you may want to update that last post, as I've fixed all the links
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

This is awesome!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great stuff, just wish others could do the very same as well!!!!

This idea reminds me of 'Scenarios' game mode when I played International Superstar Soccer (on the SNES about 15/20 years ago). These were designed to be played as mini sub games, and there was a description and objectives to meet.

So it would be interesting if uploaders could not only post a nice description, with screenies, but also set short/mid term objectives. Players winning the scenario should post up their screenies as evidence.

For example, sally forth to defeat the sieging army, then carry on marching and counter attack settlement X in the next turn. Short, sweet and challenging.

To keep track of all challenges it would be better if there was a separate sub forum.

Hey guys,

I made my own thread, which kind of expands on the idea of this one.
    Here is the link, the savegames will be in every post
    Writer of Historia Romana

I'm in quite an interesting position as Epirus at the moment, hopefully someone will have some fun with it.

Epirus, 263 BCE

Having won a costly victory against the Spartan-Athenian alliance, Pyrrhus of Epirus finds his holdings split. Although their alliance with Macedon has been fruitful, the Epirotes remain bitter about the loss of Larissa. With Greece consolidated, Pyrrhus now looks to the west. Pyrrhus has reclaimed the Greek lands in Italy after a lengthy campaign against Rome. Having recently repelled a Roman assault on Brundisium, now may be the time to push further into Italy. After a successful war in Illyria however, Rome is now able to fully focus on the southern threat. Pyrrhus has punished the Syracusans for aiding Rome, but unwilling to overextend his forces, he has left them vulnerable for a Carthaginian takeover. The Syracusan navy still prowls the Adriatic Sea however, searching for any sign of weakness. Meanwhile in Greece, new threats begin to emerge. The Odrysian Kingdom has united the Thracian tribes and now seeks to push into Macedonia. Across the Aegean, Rhodes coordinates an attack with Odrysia, seeking to strike at Greece's soft underbelly. To the east, the Ptolemies continue to expand and eye Macedonia as their next target. Will Epirus stand by their beleaguered allies or seize the chance to become hegemons of Greece?

Additional pictures:

Mods used:
    Zero AI agent usage
    DeI Vanilla Unit Names
    Epic Music Pack
    GEM 6.1
    Battlefield Dust
    Black Marble UI
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MagPiesRUs; November 17, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

If anyone wants a 400+ turn Rome save thats more or less the correct borders for the empire here it is. I haven't had a civil war yet and the only true threat is Baktria to the east. So have fun tearing it apart with a civil war if you want.

Great topic!

Jaketh - I tried your save game. Pretty awesome! I haven't seen that far ahead in this game yet and I love how it's pretty close to the historical borders!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Any new save games of an advanced Rome?

Any saves for new 1.04? Fun saves, anything will do

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Yea those save games are fun

[Armenia & Parthia] DeI 1.04

If you like some eastern factions here there are:

Armenia – turn 131 (9 turns before thorax reform) – 22 settlements, 8 armies, +10000 income.

• In the East I just defeated Roxolani and made Baktria my satrapy;
    • In the North-West I’m waiting for Suebi to destroy the last Lugii city for about 10-15 turns and they don’t seem to be able to; also I intend to attack Boii with 2 of my armies from the area;
    • In the Middle-West I will go for Getae with the armies returning from the east (have to revoke the non-aggression pact with them) and then go forward into Europe;
    • South is sunny and quiet.

Here is the file: Hayasdan 240 BC.7z

Parthia
    – turn 119 (1 turn before reforms – last chance to make the basic Cataphracts and Parthian Men-at-Arms) – 29 settlements, 8 armies, +5500 income.

• I’ve just started a war with Arche Bosphorus, cause I needed it’s possessions in Mesopotamia and Syria;
    • In the North you can go for Armenia;
    • In the West you can go for Ptolemaioi – that will be my choice cause I will have a small battlefront, only exposing 2 of my settlements to them, plus that will bring me my first Mediterranean port;
    • In the South you can clear the Arabian Peninsula.

Here is the file: Parthia 243 BC.7z

Only DeI 1.04, no other sub-mods. ENJOY!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast