Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: USA's midterm elections

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: USA's midterm elections

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    But like all polls they are still problematic since people often like all or most of it elements when itemized out that just fear (for some reason) the amorphous ideal of Obama care.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...dable-care-act
    ...my telling. Therefor i wrote my last sentence above, again: And my subjective estimation is, if the health-care stays for a while into the future, the (circa) 12 % more "against" will shrink tendencially.

I guess, you americans know already/in the meantime, that you are the last western/modern democracy, that hadn't a regulated health care system, your issue here is bascily one of the american exceptionalism items, imo..
    So judging on the "modern", it is for me questionable, if it can get overall such a "title"-term (in the relation of society-development, was meant).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 08, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The under the table workers...not sure what you mean there.
    You get paid, but in cash, no taxes. Very common in service industry jobs.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    That's more the IRS's bag. As I said, there's certain things the BLS can't really track unless, well, you really want Big Government and not just politicians and news reporters screaming Big Government.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

100% of the new senators ran on repealing Obama Care. Sorry.
    Polling numbers show people happy with every most provision of the law, but somehow disliking the law, overall. GOP/TP candidates didnt dare mention it in the last 2-3 months of the elections because the majority actually ran on repealing certain parts of the law.

That leads to the areas of specifics that the GOP has a problem with. Fortunately for them the a majority of Americans eat up their non-specific garbage and, don't ask that many questions.

Sorry.
    Last edited by mrmouth; November 09, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Patrician Artifex

Where exactly?
    You mean in the blackmoney-market (of diverse services)?
    I europe, afaik, that's not possible (not in Germany at least, and so far known by me not in EU countries), unless you are a participant of the said market above (cases of an employer and "contractor", the latter is then an illegal/undocumented paid "employee" or "contractor"; there is an exception in tax-law for a very little sum of money-earning per year, in Germany, that is complete tax-free).
    To make it clear, in europe, every cashflow and its performance behind, aka business is only a legal business, when taxes are due, thus means official documented businesses - this has not only the purpose of taxes, but also several more items like: diverse insurance things, responsibility/qualitymanagement/result control/documentation and esp warranty/guarantee things.
    Despite, that the blackmoney/blackwork-market is and was always a prospering one
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 09, 2014 at 11:25 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Comes Domesticorum

There's still a lot of off the books, under the table employment in Greece, in the service industry and beyond. It's one of the bigger drains of tax revenue from middle class taxes, but is being combated in the past years, but I'd still say largely unsuccessfully. Then there's also less-than-legal employment, where someone might be working full time hours but only getting part time benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Where exactly?
    You mean in the blackmoney-market (of diverse services)?
    He means the brown people who clear your table and mow your lawn.

I dont know of a single white person working in the service industry who makes cash. Tips, yes. If you filled out the proper paperwork then not paying taxes on that makes it awfully difficult. Especially with the paper trail from electronic payment methods.

The only viable ways to earn money an not pay tax is drugs and ebay.
    Last edited by mrmouth; November 09, 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by mrmouth View Post

I dont know of a single white person working in the service industry who makes cash. Tips, yes. If you filled out the proper paperwork then not paying taxes on that makes it awfully difficult. Especially with the paper trail from electronic payment methods.

Well okay, so Phier, as merely usually, expresses his distorted reality in economical items, and doesn't know it better, because he is doing a little gastronomy-business (one of the branches, where often blackmoney is paid, also in Germany)?

Btw., term 'blackmoney' or 'blackmarket' might be unknown in the US or perhaps also outside of Germany?
    Meant is everything that is the grey-zone economy, just inofficial businesses (illegal and branded as crime).

Tips whatsoever are a whole other item, and usually shall be an extra (cash, gift) for good services directly for the serviceperson (taxfree, of course); in practice but often regulated by the employer, if he can, wants to earn from that extra-money as well (depending on the branch, and just how that tip-money is transfered).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 09, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

Blackmarket is an understood and used term. Although there isn't as much of a market in the US and certainly not outside of the big cities.

Numbers:

So the numbers behind the loss are pretty straightforward. Democrats won all women by 4 points but lost old white men by 16 points. That is the exact demographic that comes out to vote in midterms and Democrats had the lowest turnout since around WW2. Wont be the same next round. Especially when the GOP bonks this.

Midterms will suck until the old white men die but Democrats are still in a much better, fundamental position than the GOP. I mean their base isn't expiring in the next few decades and the GOP has no plan on how to woo anyone else.

I know plenty. A lot of small town bartenders work in cash, so do farm workers, and handymen. Its pretty common in rural areas.

Patrician Artifex

Blackmarket is an understood and used term. Although there isn't as much of a market in the US and certainly not outside of the big cities.

Numbers:

So the numbers behind the loss are pretty straightforward. Democrats won all women by 4 points but lost old white men by 16 points. That is the exact demographic that comes out to vote in midterms and Democrats had the lowest turnout since around WW2. Wont be the same next round. Especially when the GOP bonks this.

Midterms will suck until the old white men die but Democrats are still in a much better, fundamental position than the GOP. I mean their base isn't expiring in the next few decades and the GOP has no plan on how to woo anyone else.
    Bold: I hope that for the US and the world.
    Despite there certainly are and will be a mass of young/youngster conservatives/reactionaries ( see TWC ).

Realising ie. the other current topics about the US social development (plus the world's issues, also especially our global environment), it would surprise somehow, if the conservatives can maintain their old policies.
    But there might be even a relation to the topics of 'vacation and sick leave payment' and similar items (but esp also education), ie. when american workers have no time to think about their lifes due to working their asses up ... you know what i mean.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567