Thread: Warlord chronicles

The myth of King Arthur is one of the great stories of western world.Was he a true character or plain fiction,well historians can debate over that but it is still a great story.Dark ages were really dark when we try to see throught hundreds of years.
    Books that are in my mind are Bernard Cornwells "Winter king","Enemy of God" and "Excalibur".Trilogy known as "Warlord chronicles".
    As somebody have allready mentioned in the forums,these books are awesome.Full of action,passion,horror and masterfully writed.
    We dont know much about dark ages(The years after fall of Rome) but Cornwell has researched his history well.Blend of myth,fiction and facts is enjoyable.I liked most that story goes in different timelines.Narrator is Derfel Cadarn,monk and former warrior who is telling a story of Arthur.It shows nicely how myths are made.
    These are must read for a fans of ancient and medieval warfare.If writer is good he can make "Sword and sorcerer" stories based on historical facts and Bernard Cornwell is one of the best.
    So,you all spearmen and apprentices of Sorcerer.Make your comments

For the Arthurian myths, I strongly recommend the Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte.

I post more about them later...

A man's worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions."
    - Marcus Aurelius

<span style='color:red'>El Siblesz es mi patrón</span>

Check out TWC's new Historic Arts and Literature Subforum