Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir
    Watch yourself, he's a frequent visiter of this thread, even though he has fell in love with the mod, he says that Chiv is more important for him... :wink:
    DOH!!!

Busted lol

Civis

This is by far one of the coolest mods iv ever played.. i spended olmost until 4 am with the reunited kingdom, i have a few questions
    - do you plan to expand the map up north, i think is far more interesting than south, do yo need any help at all with descriptions, images or wathever , ill be glad to help,

Civis

i olmost forgot to say that the music pack is amazing, god i feel in middle earth

Quote Originally Posted by campesino
    This is by far one of the coolest mods iv ever played.. i spended olmost until 4 am with the reunited kingdom, i have a few questions
    - do you plan to expand the map up north, i think is far more interesting than south, do yo need any help at all with descriptions, images or wathever , ill be glad to help,
    Well yes, we might :wink:

And yes, we could really use help with images or descriptions. Check ingame, if there's anything missing or you want changed do post some samples (but please do it at our other forums, www.thefourthage.org/forums, or rather PM us there )

Oh and I forgot to say thanks for the music pack, I put it together, though you should of course thank our artists! :wink:

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

An Org member, Rex Pelasgorum, has brought to our attention the reason for the "barbarian city" error many have been experiencing:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...83&postcount=7

Please do read the instructions carefully! We have altered step 4 to confirm that COPY means COPY - not cut, drag or move!

I hope this helps all those who have been having problems.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Arakorn and TK (Grandmaster), btw., i love as well the super-archers, they win always the battles against the Harads and Runs, that makes RK superior to their enemies, but it seems, that the RK AI doesn't manages itself very good, as Flip reported, that he could win with Harad pretty easily against them as he conquered the southern coastal settlements! Speaking of balance: Perhaps they (RK) should be able to recruit at least here and there the 'plain' RK archers and militia-spears, to have a little start advantage against the early Harad raiders in their coastal lands. And i think, Minas Ithil shouls be able to recruit more units at the start of the campaign, well not for me as RK player necessary, but for the RK-AI.

White Company unit: Well, i gave the WC now 2hp (to have them just equal to other family members), but perhaps i will reduce their unit number then a bit.

In general: I'm looking very very forward to see the next release with an extended map and probably with one more faction (?!) playable in the campaign. I will remain your fanboy
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 07, 2006 at 04:28 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I didn't get to download this till very late last night. My comp is running relly slow at the moment and took 3 hrs to download the first file (even though I have 2mb DSL) but i've been having problems with my drive so its probably on its way out. Anyway the point is while I was waiting for it to download I crashed on the sofa to watch some TV and fell asleep and woke up at 4:30am ... DAMMIT!!! Should have played some 360 instead. That would have kept me awake lol. I'll give it a play tonight!

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Very good mod, I am really enjoying it.

Wow!!

It works perfectly now, first I made a mistake with installing, I didn't copy the new icon, so I was starting Barbarian Invasion.

Great mod. I'll have to extend my computer's memory though, I've got 256 mb DDR, and it's really very slow. Normal RTW (before patch 1.6) worked with that, but this doesn't.

Yes, we've gotten a few reports of it being slower. Maybe you're using different settings? A preferences.txt was included, where there are some default settings, that could have something to do with it.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yep, the pref txt does set graphic settings quite high. Do an auto detect. Obviously we cannot code the pref txt to suit everyone in this regard.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Hello,

First of all fantastic mod. Second, Im getting a recurring CTD playing as RK in the year FO 247 winter. The CTD occurs as I try to end the turn to go to the next year (spring). Played flawless up till then. Any ideas??

Thanks

Before I download and install; Will there be dwarf characters, dwarven units, or anything dwarvish?

Nope, unfortunately no dwarves in this release

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei
    I installed it on an new installation, still not working. i followed instructions
    still same problem

i installed it on an empty folder, i didnt find no pack folder
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

(I cry)

Any chance of getting the dwarves added as a merc unit? Don't we already have the skeleton and unit specs somewher ein 4th age mod code somewhere? (I know I've seen screenshots somewhere, but can't place it)

The performance being slower has something to do with the patch that came with Barbarian Invasion. And lowering the settings doesn't help, unfortunately.

Before BI, RTW worked fine on my computer. After that, the loading time gets ridiculously long after I've been playing for a while. I believe it's better when you've got a more RAM on your computer.

Anyway, nice mod. Will there be elves in later releases?

Anyone (Lusted) knows when the next TWC modder awards will be held? I think that this time, we have chances in "Best Mod" and "Most complicated installation" :wink: Hehe

EDIT: What the hell, I've just got 150 posts of mine removed!?

I had almost 700 yesterday, now it's only 540!

No elves, dwarves ......
    Are there any orcs ???
    This is a LotR mod right.

Well the mod is about the Corsair invasion. It's set in the 4th Age and there's not going to be a lot of Dwarves or Elves about are there! Its the age of men but I've played it and its great. Doesn't need Elves or Dwarves! If I remember rightly this is just one of a number of mini mods that is in development!? So other races may appear in future mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontos
    No elves, dwarves ......
    Are there any orcs ???
    This is a LotR mod right.
    No it's not a Lord of the Rings mod .... the Lord of the Rings has been destroyed! It's the 4th Age (the conclusion of the movie so everything Sauron created has been destroyed with the Ring) .... don't think there are many Orcs above ground lol. Mordor is in the control of the re-united Kingdom. This mod is about a Corsair Invasion of what was Gondor so no ... no Orcs lol
    Last edited by Gavmundo; November 09, 2006 at 06:21 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast