Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

I get the same prob as Gondor Warrior, but I have patched it to 1.6, can play historical battle, but not a campaign, dont think I can play Custom either...

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

It's fun, it's beautyfull, it's totally converted and I love it !
    Just one quick comment : oh no, I got the answer in the bugthread...
    , it's all there is!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    ... and one of the music tracks I love is the harad victory song. The flute and drums at the start really give it a vibrant sense of reality, not like what you usually hear with archaic instruments (Which tends to be a stuffy sense of it always having been history, and never being something people would have listened to)

I guess what I mean to say is that the song is a lot like that HBO series on Rome - realistic, vivid, and appealing.

For a contrast, I love the Easterling victory. It perfectly conveys dark forests, fires in the distance, and other things wholly Easterling.
    I'm pleased my music has got a fan already Thanks!

I don't why this post didn't go through before...

Anyways, I tried starting up the mod, but all it does is load the actual BI expansion. I installed everything correctly according to the instructions and used the correct tag lines for the shortcut.

Hmm, did you make the shortcut manually? If not, you could try that.

are you using the shortcut that is installed with the game.
    in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War there is a shortcut but doesnt have an image. it says CI.
    thats the shortcut you should use.

you can then right click on it and click send to-desktop to move it to your desktop. then you just change the icon with the one provided on instalkl found in your rome total war folder.
    if you are using it anyway then this might help somebody else
    Last edited by Titus Protius; November 05, 2006 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme
    i'm having problems!! i can't install ci
    i have installed it like five times, but the game stops to load when the strarting screen comes up.
    then i get the message "script error" and that i miss a .CAS file in the "building" map or something
    i get the same error all the time...
    it is freaking annoying, cause tomorrow is school, and so on for the next 5 days, and then i can't play R:TW, has to little time!
    please please!!

heeelp!

EDIT: ehe... i'm embarrassed... my dad (WHAT?!) made it happen... i read some english wrong (i'm from norway, so don'y judge me ) anyway, now im going upstairs to play ci as RK!!!

thanks dad!
    HEEEELP!!! How did you fix that? I am getting the same damn thing. I uninsatlled RTW/BI completely re-installed but I am getting the same problem as you.

My praises to this mod!!!! It rocks! I was slightly dissapointed with battle for middle earth, because the scale wasn't that big (great game nonetheless), but this mod is definitely middle earth! after 4th age that is, and Gandalf is gone. and the elves. most of them at least.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I started anew a RK campaign with VH/VH ... wow, this is actually a difference, much better , now the cash-flow is nice limited, and i have much more to manage to get the right decisions, just where which building and which unit, i repeat myself: Corsair Invasion is a great mod!!! The best one in my opinion (besides Chiv naturally ), at least in comparision what kind of mods i played/tested so far, the FATW-Corsair mod-design is brilliant, i'm a fan-boy now :tooth: .

One unit change-proposal:
    The 'White Company' is a character unit, but owns only 1 hp(?). And they are not much better than some other elite-units, i would say weaker ... and then they need 3 turns (?), i believe, or 4 (?). This unit is a bit mismatched in my view (i know it is beta, and it is not a complaint, just a suggestion).
    You could leave them as they are, but then not as family character and with ie. 2 turns to recruit ... would fit better, really, nah ok, 3 turns would be as well ok, so that the AI won't spam them. And, i think, i would make them a bit better in defense-skills.
    Alternative, as family character, if you will leave them as they are now, they should have then also 2 hp, as they are now much too weak for this purpose (family character, 3 turns, costs), and they charge (prec) after their first arrow volley, this is actually suicidal for them ... however, food for thought for you guys, i think i will change them for my use to a 2 hp unit and will leave them as they are in the other aspects, and will test them then.
    Alongside this purpose, i will look on other stats as well, perhaps i will see, that Harad will recruit their archers easier, as they have much too less of them in the battles, and i, with RK's super-archers kill always 2-3 full Haradian units completely if and while they engage at my lines, eventually you should look (i will), if the missile attack stats are balanced (?).

And last now, i assume, the Rhun faction is supposed to be that weak in battles, as balance-decision, however, it's principle well balanced, as i'm not able (on VH/VH) to go out of the strategical defense position (now at FO 237, i believe; probably i would be able to, if i wouldn't develop my settlements that much, and would spam more units out ..., but i like to have less armies, but therefore very good assembled units), and i like it, as it gives a very authentic "Dark Side Might" feeling of Tolkiens Middle-Earth world
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 05, 2006 at 11:37 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Protius
    are you using the shortcut that is installed with the game.
    in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War there is a shortcut but doesnt have an image. it says CI.
    thats the shortcut you should use.

you can then right click on it and click send to-desktop to move it to your desktop. then you just change the icon with the one provided on instalkl found in your rome total war folder.
    if you are using it anyway then this might help somebody else
    I made my own shortcut and I tried the one as provided in that folder.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

you should think of making a spear unit for Dol Amroth... same stats as the kings spearmen but with a little minor tweak... i think it would be good since you can have 2 different factions in 1 factions... Dol Amroth and Gondor... itll have more variety to

Also saying this because itll look better in AAR's if you have a reinforcement battle.. the main force is just some gondor militia but far away in the distance a Dol Amroth Army marches in to liberate the men

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

This mod is pretty much perfect. The AI formations mod isn't too bad (it isn't perfect but hey you can only do so much).

I've had a couple of won-by-skin-the-skin-of-my-teeth and it feels all the more epic when you're attempting to fend off oliphaunts all the would outnumbered 2:1 and 5000+ men on the battlefield

Instaled it (After reading and watching the pics).
    Running as planed, started a campaign and when I had My 1st combat I felt in love with the beauty of the units involved.
    Really nice job
    Tks.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    HEEEELP!!! How did you fix that? I am getting the same damn thing. I uninsatlled RTW/BI completely re-installed but I am getting the same problem as you.
    hehe
    seriously, i was so depressed that i sat downstairs and played some sad music, when dad shouted down that he think he had managed it
    but i know he was talking something about the custom folder, that he deleted all the files EXEPT the custom folder, so the custom is the inly one that should stand still...
    but don't blame me if it doesn't work, i didn't do a thing
    hope this helps demetrious!

PS: this is like a dream come through!! thank so much for this beautiful mod!

greetings
    thoscme
    proud norwegian

Oh! im gonna try this right away, havent played RTW since i got my DoWark crusade.
    And i love Lusteds work. To bad about your computer crash though.
    was really looking forward to the Gold TE edition.

Keep up the good jobb guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taskeen
    I made my own shortcut and I tried the one as provided in that folder.
    The shortcut made is not working, sorry about that

Make one according to the installation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    I started anew a RK campaign with VH/VH ... wow, this is actually a difference, much better , now the cash-flow is nice limited, and i have much more to manage to get the right decisions, just where which building and which unit, i repeat myself: Corsair Invasion is a great mod!!! The best one in my opinion (besides Chiv naturally ), at least in comparision what kind of mods i played/tested so far, the FATW-Corsair mod-design is brilliant, i'm a fan-boy now :tooth: .

One unit change-proposal:
    The 'White Company' is a character unit, but owns only 1 hp(?). And they are not much better than some other elite-units, i would say weaker ... and then they need 3 turns (?), i believe, or 4 (?). This unit is a bit mismatched in my view (i know it is beta, and it is not a complaint, just a suggestion).
    You could leave them as they are, but then not as family character and with ie. 2 turns to recruit ... would fit better, really, nah ok, 3 turns would be as well ok, so that the AI won't spam them. And, i think, i would make them a bit better in defense-skills.
    Alternative, as family character, if you will leave them as they are now, they should have then also 2 hp, as they are now much too weak for this purpose (family character, 3 turns, costs), and they charge (prec) after their first arrow volley, this is actually suicidal for them ... however, food for thought for you guys, i think i will change them for my use to a 2 hp unit and will leave them as they are in the other aspects, and will test them then.
    Alongside this purpose, i will look on other stats as well, perhaps i will see, that Harad will recruit their archers easier, as they have much too less of them in the battles, and i, with RK's super-archers kill always 2-3 full Haradian units completely if and while they engage at my lines, eventually you should look (i will), if the missile attack stats are balanced (?).

And last now, i assume, the Rhun faction is supposed to be that weak in battles, as balance-decision, however, it's principle well balanced, as i'm not able (on VH/VH) to go out of the strategical defense position (now at FO 237, i believe; probably i would be able to, if i wouldn't develop my settlements that much, and would spam more units out ..., but i like to have less armies, but therefore very good assembled units), and i like it, as it gives a very authentic "Dark Side Might" feeling of Tolkiens Middle-Earth world
    Heh, what's it with you Chiv guys, you both thought that the missiles are too effective. Maybe that's the way it was during 500-1500, but in ME it's different! Seriously though, I'm happy with the WC, after all you get a general, that is closer to the border than DA. Plus they don't need an extra HP cuz they're a missile unit, and a very effective one (better than RoI).and they're good in melee too, I had them up on my wall and they almost killed all the Haradrians carrying the ram, there were like 6 left (all the ones needed to carry it), then when they took their siege tower my WC fought and killed the wall attackers too.

Oh and Flip, interesting idea!
    Last edited by Arakorn; November 06, 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Have just played a couple of turns with Rhûn and RK by now, but the menu interface and the loading screens are the best I ever saw in a TW mod. The overall campaign map look is real great, besides the wonderful landscape I fell in love with the city of Minas Tirith, the ruins of Osgiliath and with the fact that you haven't forgotten the Haudh in Gwanur (which I probably would have ).

Btw I use the already provided shortcut (with properties altered to my appropriate Rome folder) and it works fine for me.

Edit: ... and in opposition to my chivalry comrades I love effective archers (especially in my own ranks). :tooth:
    Last edited by Grand Master of the Order; November 06, 2006 at 10:18 AM.
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master of the Order
    Have just played a couple of turns with Rhûn and RK by now, but the menu interface and the loading screens are the best I ever saw in a TW mod. The overall campaign map look is real great, besides the wonderful landscape I fell in love with the city of Minas Tirith, the ruins of Osgiliath and with the fact that you haven't forgotten the Haudh in Gwanur (which I probably would have ).

Btw I use the already provided shortcut (with properties altered to my appropriate Rome folder) and it works fine for me.
    OK thanks. At least the icon is faulty...

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This has definately been one of my most anticipated mods!!! Can't wait to give it a try!! OMG! I saw the screenies and Minas Tirith ... is actually designed like Minas Tirith!! :oO

Might even have to put Chivalry to one side to give it a go!! Shhh don't tell DaVinci......

Quote Originally Posted by Gavmundo
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This has definately been one of my most anticipated mods!!! Can't wait to give it a try!! OMG! I saw the screenies and Minas Tirith ... is actually designed like Minas Tirith!! :oO

Might even have to put Chivalry to one side to give it a go!! Shhh don't tell DaVinci......
    Watch yourself, he's a frequent visiter of this thread, even though he has fell in love with the mod, he says that Chiv is more important for him... :wink:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast