Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Corsair Invasion v1.0 Released!

Have you done everything else but make the shortcut?
    yes, well tryed it yesterday didnt worrk but i was tired an didnt know what i was doing so i do again today

Team Paullus

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

I find it amazing the way you wraped up your product: the new interface, even the main topic looks great. The fact that you never released unstable betas... Congratulations guys. You are an example of modding excellence!!

Arbaces.

hateeeeee pls help me

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvčre
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbaces
    I find it amazing the way you wraped up your product: the new interface, even the main topic looks great. The fact that you never released unstable betas... Congratulations guys. You are an example of modding excellence!!
    I'll second that.
    The mod is so incredibly immersive from opening screen to campaign map. I love how you can see the Beacons of Gondor, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, the little hill (burial site?) next to the ford at Pelargir... I love the retinues, offices and character traits, the interface, the building and unit descriptions, the ships,...
    It really feels like Middle Earth. This mod alone made paying 40 Euros for BI worthwhile. Great job!

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

same prob as DEDE
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

LOL, thanks for the kind words guys!

Now, when is the next TWC modder awards? Lusted? You know this, Cem!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir
    Don't always take the expression "total conversion", by the words :wink:

We really don't have time to rerecord every voiceover, but I think Palantir (I was on vacation) de romanized all of RK's speeches. Not sure about the other cultures though. Did I understand you right? Didn't really get what you said... Or do you mean the unit select voiceovers? That'd be weird, since there are no lines of that in the EDSUV :wink:
    Thanks for reply, Arakorn.
    Yes, the voices in battles of RK's units are original if i select them, and then the new ones appear right after the originals. I have no clue what's the cause, as i did the installation with the first try correct, i assume at least, as i have no problems.
    The FATW-soundpack, i installed it to the appropriate RTW folder, or is there still a trick to do.
    However, what is the intention with the battle-unit-speech? Shall the have new voices or not? Is the old original speech overwritten? Need to know it exactly, before i go into the files to check it all out by myself ...

And, i started the RK campaign yesterday: Amazing job you did, really, i'm very impressed, and although i'm not a fan of games/mods that have not a real historical background, i think i can say FATW is now one of my favourite mods and especially my congrats to the music artists, fantastic music double

I will play this campaign further now, but what i can say to the balancing is, that RK is too strong in comparision to the Harads and Easterlings, they are no match really, also not with their masses of attacks. Perhaps you should tweak some unit stats of the Harads/Easterlings or you give them still more soldiers per unit or both.
    Regarding the cash-flow, i think RK is too rich, hmm, however at least until now in the campaign, i have huge full coffers to develop every settlement and recruit units every turn, a bit too easy for my taste ...
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    Thanks for reply, Arakorn.
    No problem, mate!

Yes, the voices in battles of RK's units are original if i select them, and then the new ones appear right after the originals. I have no clue what's the cause, as i did the installation with the first try correct, i assume at least, as i have no problems.
    The FATW-soundpack, i installed it to the appropriate RTW folder, or is there still a trick to do.
    However, what is the intention with the battle-unit-speech? Shall the have new voices or not? Is the old original speech overwritten? Need to know it exactly, before i go into the files to check it all out by myself ...
    Well this is weird... Try deleting the events.dat. The music pack installer should've done this, and the 1.0 installer should've placed an empty one there.
    When installing the music pack, did you check overwrite all? (Yes, it is a rar-installer, mady with WinRAR). The Music pack has nothing to do with the voices, it's only the music it adds. The musicpack should be installed to the RTW folder yes, no other tricks to do, will auto-delete the events.dat as I said :wink:

And yes, there should be new unit_select voices, but the old ones should be out. What are they saying? Are they saying Hastati? Or do you mean the pre battle speeches? Can anyone else confirm this problem? You must've done something wrong, never heard of anything like this.

And, i started the RK campaign yesterday: Amazing job you did, really, i'm very impressed, and although i'm not a fan of games/mods that have not a real historical background, i think i can say FATW is now one of my favourite mods and especially my congrats to the music artists, fantastic music double
    LOL! Well, what can I say, I'm a fan of Chiv too, I love your strat map with the new textures! (And the buildings, although unplayable )

I will play this campaign further now, but what i can say to the balancing is, that RK is too strong in comparision to the Harads and Easterlings, they are no match really, also not with their masses of attacks. Perhaps you should tweak some unit stats of the Harads/Easterlings or you give them still more soldiers per unit or both.
    Regarding the cash-flow, i think RK is too rich, hmm, however at least until now in the campaign, i have huge full coffers to develop every settlement and recruit units every turn, a bit too easy for my taste ...
    Well, as we said this is an open beta, so we want (constructive) criticism and feedback! Also as I've said in the "Your Empire"-thread, Harad is also very easy, so you might want to try Laughing at live dragons (played both at bullroaring).

I also culdent get it to work...I have put all the files in the BI-folder into the ci-folder I made myself, then deleted the files you say...but where are Im going to put the files I downloaded, your discription is very sketchy about this... First I put it in the RTW-folder, that dident work so I put it in the BI-folder and that dident work either... so Im stuck...please help

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You put the files in the CI folder.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

nice mod ..... fixed the prob

Team Paullus

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Sketchy?

Arbaces & DaVinci, thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated. We are glad, DaVinci, that we have enticed you into the non-historical
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Well this is weird... Try deleting the events.dat. The music pack installer should've done this, and the 1.0 installer should've placed an empty one there.
    When installing the music pack, did you check overwrite all? (Yes, it is a rar-installer, mady with WinRAR). The Music pack has nothing to do with the voices, it's only the music it adds. The musicpack should be installed to the RTW folder yes, no other tricks to do, will auto-delete the events.dat as I said :wink:
    A little misunderstanding then, the music works excellent, but i have not much clue about sound and music files, so i thought there is a relation between music pack and soundfiles. So i think i have not to delete any file like ie. event.dat?!

And yes, there should be new unit_select voices, but the old ones should be out. What are they saying? Are they saying Hastati? Or do you mean the pre battle speeches? Can anyone else confirm this problem? You must've done something wrong, never heard of anything like this.
    Well, i run a german RTW/BI version, and the speeches are german pre-battle and unit-seletion is not hastati, but the typical "Advance .." and so on. If i have done something wrong during the installation, i think there would be soemthing else also wrong, but as said, all is ok, except the unit-select speech, and as said, the new speeches are present as well.

LOL! Well, what can I say, I'm a fan of Chiv too, I love your strat map with the new textures! (And the buildings, although unplayable )
    You are not updated, mate ... v. 0.50/0.51 has new settlment/buildings on board for all the european regions

Well, as we said this is an open beta, so we want (constructive) criticism and feedback! Also as I've said in the "Your Empire"-thread, Harad is also very easy, so you might want to try Laughing at live dragons (played both at bullroaring).
    Was my comment un-constructive, then sorry.
    I'll start a new campaign with VH/VH soon.
    Now, in this first campaign, i set H/H to test/look around first, however, the campaign is exciting also on H, because your map is brilliant regarding the forced paths that the Harad AI has to go to meet the RK settlements, so indeed, they send masses of stacks in my direction, and as yet i'm in defense position
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Those you downloaded should be installed where you have your RTW and the CI folder (by default C:\Activision\Rome - Total War)

EDIT: DaVinci:The events.dat is automatically deleted :wink:

I wonder if someone else with a German RTW could confirm this? Nevertheless the file dealing with battlemap voices (export_descr_sounds_unit.txt) has been modded, so that the old ones are away and these new one inplace.

Oh and I didn't say your feedback wasn't, I was just stating that we'll gladly take any constructive feedback we get, and thanked you for giving some
    Last edited by Arakorn; November 05, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

Look, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I really, really paid close attention to all the instructions. I made the CI folder in the BI folder. I deleted said files

I pointed the installer to my main RTW folder.

Then I start the game, and I get vanilla Barbarian invasion?!!

Any help appreciated...

Did you change the target line in the shortcut? If you didn't, the shortcut would still start up normal BI.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Have you entered the shortcut according to the instructions?

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i'm having problems!! i can't install ci
    i have installed it like five times, but the game stops to load when the strarting screen comes up.
    then i get the message "script error" and that i miss a .CAS file in the "building" map or something
    i get the same error all the time...
    it is freaking annoying, cause tomorrow is school, and so on for the next 5 days, and then i can't play R:TW, has to little time!
    please please!!

heeelp!

EDIT: ehe... i'm embarrassed... my dad (WHAT?!) made it happen... i read some english wrong (i'm from norway, so don'y judge me ) anyway, now im going upstairs to play ci as RK!!!

thanks dad!
    Last edited by thoscme; November 05, 2006 at 01:42 PM.
    proud norwegian

Go over in detail what you did again.

Downloaded and installed just now, I like the first glimpses I had playing with Gondor. However, I do wonder, is Gondors cavalry really supposed to be that cheap (190 for the stronger one)? That´s half what the Men at Arms and Kings Spears cost, and considering the stats, that´s a steal price. I´ve got the feeling you missed one digit there, as well in their upkeep.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast