Thread: Changing settlement location in map_regions.tga, any other files I need to change?

Default Changing settlement location in map_regions.tga, any other files I need to change?

I deleted map.rwm so it can regenerate, is there anything else I should do when simply moving a settlement over in the same region?

Default Re: Changing settlement location in map_regions.tga, any other files I need to change?

To clarify, I moved a settlement a block over to the left.

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Changing settlement location in map_regions.tga, any other files I need to change?

Well, let me think for a moment...
    First of all, do you use show_err?
    Second, did you back-up your file before moding it?
    Now, back to the question...
    As far as I'm aware, if you just moved the settlement on the strat_map, you should also change the X, Y coordinates of it's garrison in descr_strat. But first you should be carefull that the new settlement is on passable terrain. To see the coordinates in campaign map you should press Esc, put the mouse on your new city then type show_cursorstat then press Enter. it will give you two numbers ( the x, y coordinates). replace the numbers from your old garrison with the new numbers in descr_strat. Well, I think that's it. And of course, delete map.rwm.

Thanks!

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

you're welcome! did it worked?