Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAI Overhaul Beta Testing

Default CAI Overhaul Beta Testing

OBJECTIVES/ GOALS

Our goal at Imperial Splendour isn't just to create a unique game play experience for the player, but to create a unique game play behavior for the AI as well
    PRIMARY: We are working on creating unique modification for AI behavior. This entails significant modification of AI behavior and personality.
    SECONDARY: To improve the economic realism of the game as well as creating more realistic large scale battles.

SOME CHANGES
    SOCIO- ECONOMIC CHANGES
    • Luxury trade (Ivory ["Slaves"], Tobacco, Sugar, Spice, Coffee, etc...) will become of greater importance consistent to historical date relative to other forms of trade.
    • Generally economic income would increase in order to allow for larger armies faster in the game.
    • [CAUTION: The myth is more money means easier game- play. This will not be true. The A.I. will also get a boost as well as additional reduction in upkeep cost. The end result is you will be at a greater economic disadvantage]
    • Religious conflict were minimal in Europe in the 18th century, so this would be reduced.
    • As you increased your farms and plantations, you will experience greater social unrest. As farms increase in size this meant that smaller farmers will become laborers or have no work. This will result in more revolts.

POLITICAL/ MILITARY CHANGES
    • Personalities uniqueness ( 17 different personalities defined) Factors altered; recruitment naval an land, spending, and aggressiveness)
    • Additionally, the larger faction will have their behavior modified to improve on uniqueness of the each faction.
    • Resistance to foreign occupation
    • Indian Factions (Maratha) would have its historical behavior restored (no more European or American invasions).

PROCESS
    DB tables changes (which includes my submod; Tactical Commander)
    Startpos changes
    It is recommended that you change your save game to allow 40 units; learn about it here
    Please visit here for other recommended changes. [link to be added]

If interested, please visit my Profile page to PM or VM me OR visit the group page and request to join

Thanks
    Pike
    Last edited by PikeStance; July 09, 2017 at 09:43 AM.

Default Re: CAI Overhaul Beta Testing

The interest has been peaked, I would enjoy testing this newfangled CAI.

Foederatus

Subscribed!

NOTED
    It will be at least a week before I can get something I feel confident enough to test. I am still putting together the tables. (I have most done, but it is tedious work).

STILL LOOKING FOR GUINEA PIGS, I MEAN VOLUNTEERS!

malkekoen's Avatar Civis

Count me in please :-)

I have to say this is one of the most enjoyable mods I've played so far. I can't wait for the next version.

Ok, all in.... but still need to time to sort things out first. I will open up a separate forum for discussion and feedback.
    Rick are you volunteering?

I have rather low end OS: Vista - rating 3.7, Processor - 2140 @1.60GHz, 2.00 GB Ram, 32-bit OS, Graphic Card - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450. If you think it can take it I'll give it a try. So far though, I've been able to play IS pretty steady without it slowing down or crashing. Let me know what you think. My system was the reason I'm a bit hesitant.

I am mostly just editing the DB campaign files and the startpos. It wouldn't add anything more to slow down the system. The exception is using 40 unit mod. However, you could get away with just 20. I recently fought two Battles with about 35 units; about a 1/3 of my units served as reserves or did flank duties anyway. The only difference is I can choose which units I move up to support.

It may work with just 20, but I'd like to see how far I can go before it crashes. That being said, can you add a feature to turn off the weather? Anyway, yes. I will be tester. Please sign me up.

I removed all rain, snow and dust (whatever that is... the only "torrential dust" I ever seen is when I lived in Dubai). So no worries. Also tracers are gone!

malkekoen's Avatar Civis

Looking forward to trying your changes. I currently play a French campaign and noticed that some units seem to have broken textures (faces seem "messy" and hats with textures being elongated and weird). I know this is just CAI but just to let you know for the next version. I have noticed it with french south american militia, some british units as well.

There are some adjustments I want to make first and right now it is exam time and I need to get some grading done...LOL

malkekoen's Avatar Civis

Understandable. Go get 'em!

Perfectly understandable.

Gib mod, gib ai!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm impressed by the idea of unique CAI behaviour for playable factions. Imperial Splendour looks like a fantastic mod. If you're still testing this in January/February, I'm in.

Does the economic overhaul cause factions to recruit more units (presumably it does, since you mentioned larger armies earlier in the campaign)? If so, have you found a way to do that without triggering the Ottoman turn bug?
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 16, 2014 at 05:50 AM.

Part of the test is to see how the CAI handles the increase in budget.
    The bug you mentioned I believe is caused by the fact that the CAI move units around individuals rather than groups. There is a way to mod that. However, I do not know how effective it is at curbing it. In my limited test, I noticed a lag with the Mughal Empire. It will be interesting to see how this bears out.

I had some issue with my Empire files. I had to uninstall and reinstall. I am now back up and will be doing some testing and final number crunching this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

Assuming this is for 2.2.1b and not ROTR?

Yes,... RotR has its own gameplay mechanic specific for that time period and mod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast