Thread: Jury-Rigging a Launcher

Default Jury-Rigging a Launcher

More or less exactly what it says on the tin here. Khartoum-Zulu is one of the tragic but promising orphans of Napoleon modding. While it's not a world-shaking mod it is a great little one and I enjoy it.

But it always has had one crippling problem. While the old Medieval II and Rome 1 systems had nice, pocketed mod folders and mods for Empire and Napoleon like the Indian Mutiny, Blue and Grey, The Great War, etc. have launchers, this game doesn't. Which means that you have to manually install and overwrite a lot of data in your main vanilla folders. I'm not going to talk about the problems with not having a backup, because if you don't have a backup your problem is something else (though also fixable by this). But in essence, it means that it locks you in to playing Khartoum-Zulu and nothing else while it's there.

And if you want to switch, you can't just exit out and go back to trotting through Europe with Nappy, Welly, and co. You have to go through the lengthy overwrite/re-overwrite problems by hand. And that's a lot of sacrifice for what the mod provides (one campaign and a few custom battles).

So what I'm saying is that if it's possible to jury-rig a launcher that you could just leave in the folder or desktop to have it do the heavy work, it would make this mod that much more playable. And while I understand this mod is mostly being left as is, I think it is more possible than-say- a whole new mod. And it would give this thing more of the attention it deserves.

So, any ideas on how we could do it?

Default Re: Jury-Rigging a Launcher

Nevermind.There already is a launcher. And I feel stupid that I only discovered it relatively recently, and that I did not clarify this appropriately.