Thread: (SubMod) Increased Army Limits for Main and Imperator Augustus Campaigns

Default (SubMod) Increased Army Limits for Main and Imperator Augustus Campaigns

I hate the army limits that are in Rome 2 I never fell like they allow you to create enough armies to not only be able to conquer other nations but to also to be able to have several armies in your home territory so its not exposed. However I do like the fact that it encourages bigger AI armies since they cant spam a ton armies with only a few units due to army limits. So the amount of the army limit increase is much smaller at the lower Imperium levels compared to the higher ones.

Main Campaign Imperator Augustus
    Imperium Level Original Limit/New limit Original Limit/New limit
    0 2/2 2/2
    1 2/3 4/6
    2 4/6 6/8
    3 6/8 8/10
    4 8/10 10/14
    5 10/14 12/18
    6 12/18 14/22
    7 14/22 16/28
    8 16/28 --/--

Link to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: (SubMod) Increased Army Limits for Main and Imperator Augustus Campaigns

The chart got messed up in my original post so this should make it easier to see the difference. If you would like me to make you one for one of the other Campaigns or want higher/lower army, navy or agent limits let me know.

-------------------------Main Campaign -----------Imperator Augustus
    Imperium Level ---Original Limit/New limit---Original Limit/New limit
    0 -------------------------------2/2 --------------------------2/2
    1 -------------------------------2/3 --------------------------4/6
    2 ------------------------------4/6 ---------------------------6/8
    3 ------------------------------6/8 ---------------------------8/10
    4 -----------------------------8/10 --------------------------10/14
    5 -----------------------------10/14 ------------------------12/18
    6 ----------------------------12/18 -------------------------14/22
    7 ----------------------------14/22 --------------------------16/28
    8 ----------------------------16/28 ----------------------------N/A

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: (SubMod) Increased Army Limits for Main and Imperator Augustus Campaigns

I think this has stopped working. In my last Dei campaign with Dei 1.04a it worked perfectly. In my current campaign with Dei 1.05e, I've gotten to the point where I want to recruit the sixteenth and seventeenth legions, but once I recruit the seventeenth, the game freezes. I've tried the '14 version which worked well with 1.04a and then the latest version from the above link and got the same results altho the empire screen shows that I'm allowed 28. I'm loading the mod in front of Dei.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

I noticed this is pretty old and the creator hasnt logged in since October so you can do this yourself in 5-10 mins instead of waiting days/ months for a reply. Search Google for Pack File Manager and download it, open up PFM and press CTRL+N, right click Untilted and hover Add then click From Pack. Then go to the Rome 2 data folder (which should be addressed similar to this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data). Once there locate the 1st .pack file of DEI and open it (doesn't matter if you use the standalone or STEAM version as the table you need to get is in the 1st part of both). Next, expand the section that is called db. Everything is in alphabetical order so find the table called fame_levels, right click the name then hit okay. Now, go to the table in the .pack file you created to edit the army limits to your liking. If you only want to edit main campaign army limits. Go to campaign_key at the top and select main_rome.

I'm using an old version of PFM because it still works perfectly to me but the imperium levels should be listed. In my version its under the heading tooltip_gaul and it should say exactly : imperium_1. Also fyi, imperium 1 has 2 entries in DEI so your gonna have to put the army limit you want for Imperium 1 twice. You can also edit navy limits, spies, etc in that same table as I'm sure you'll see. Name the pack file: !(insert whatever name you want here). The exclamation gives it precedence over DEI's files. Make sure to check it in the launcher then enjoy. If you made no mistakes it will work and play just fine.
    Last edited by SquirrelP0acher; December 09, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

SquirrelPoacher, thanks for the instructions.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Your welcome man, enjoy the campaign.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Please post the file, it's too complex for me to change that

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

With the same numbers as posted by Grizwald?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk