Thread: Crashing issue

Default Crashing issue

I've been playing the linked 2.6 version thats posted up above in the NEW download list. This its the one from the german board. Anyway I get to turn 32 and it crashes everytime, anyone else have this issue?

Also I've noticed this version of 2.6 I got doesn't have the old songs and music than the previous version I use to have.

(I built a new computer recently and starting everything from scratch)

One more thing, I've been browsing the forums but alot of stuff is out of date, is there any other completed version besides 2.6 or is everything else betas?

Default Re: Crashing issue

Latest released version is 3.5.

Was so excited to try this Mod especially since the last great civil war game civil war general II back in mid 90's this has so much potential and I am quite surprised Creative Assembly has not made a Civil War version. First wanted to say maybe this isn't the right area to post, but my experience so far has been disappointing so far. I cannot get thru a quick battle or a campaign battle so far without crashing, freezing etc. I am up to date on version 3.5 with warpath and followed Trigs guide for install and everything seems to work except CTD issues during (especially larger ones)battle sequence's. I think I am at turn 5 or 6 so I don't think that matters. Anyways if someone knows please enlighten me!!
    i7-3770k
    EVGA 970's SLI
    x2 180 Intel SSD
    Crucial 64gb SSD
    1TB Samsung f3
    16GB corsair vengenance

Icon8 ACW Not Working :< ETW Not Working

Ok I have posted this before I think but did not get a very clear answer. The minute I click on the ETW or ACW Icon it pops up with a small window saying "Empire: Total War has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" I need help guys I need answers please help me" I could really use the help im not very Tec Savy please help me a step by step process would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: ACW Not Working :< ETW Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by Chasem5657 View Post
    Ok I have posted this before I think but did not get a very clear answer. The minute I click on the ETW or ACW Icon it pops up with a small window saying "Empire: Total War has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" I need help guys I need answers please help me" I could really use the help im not very Tec Savy please help me a step by step process would be greatly appreciated.

If you are trying to start/play ACW mod then;
    1. Always start Steam first! (Offline mode recommended to limit the battle crashes - upper left corner, menu bar - click steam then select Go Offline) Once Steam started simply close it/click on X, but do not exit!
    2. You should have successfully installed the American Civil War Mod (3.6 recommended, or 3.5, 3.4) So there should be another shortcut Icon on your desktop (not in steam) usually called ACW3... Click on it...
    3 Small window should open, in the menu bar click on Campaigns and make sure "warpath is selected" then click on SubMods and make sure "Zone of Recruitment" is selected.
    4. After you have done all that and files have moved you select US or CS... from here you are on your own.

I hope I have more less helped

cheers!

I had this problem the other day after toying with some of the files, you need to do a wipe of everything and re download all files(ACW3.4 patch 3.41 etc.....) after that just install in order and as recommended and have fun....

Default Crashing Too Much -- Back to 3.5

Hi Everyone
    I love what you guys do. No complaints. But its propably my PC or something. I truly hate to let this go. Do I have to delete everything or can I just get back to 3.5? How?
    Dave

[QUOTE=vanXywa;14335166]If you are trying to start/play ACW mod then;
    1. Always start Steam first! (Offline mode recommended to limit the battle crashes - upper left corner, menu bar - click steam then select Go Offline) Once Steam started simply close it/click on X, but do not exit!
    2. You should have successfully installed the American Civil War Mod (3.6 recommended, or 3.5, 3.4) So there should be another shortcut Icon on your desktop (not in steam) usually called ACW3... Click on it...
    3 Small window should open, in the menu bar click on Campaigns and make sure "warpath is selected" then click on SubMods and make sure "Zone of Recruitment" is selected.
    4. After you have done all that and files have moved you select US or CS... from here you are on your own.

I hope I have more less helped

cheers![/QUOT

I got ACW up and working for now but another problem happens when im in a battle or on the campaign It randomly crashes about 20 min into the game do you have any answears I sure could use the help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone View Post
    I've been playing the linked 2.6 version thats posted up above in the NEW download list. This its the one from the german board. Anyway I get to turn 32 and it crashes everytime, anyone else have this issue?

Also I've noticed this version of 2.6 I got doesn't have the old songs and music than the previous version I use to have.

(I built a new computer recently and starting everything from scratch)

One more thing, I've been browsing the forums but alot of stuff is out of date, is there any other completed version besides 2.6 or is everything else betas?

Hey Man i have this issue too. I think it may be Turn 32 for me as-well do you have an answer ? but the Minute it crashes I can just load the game again and have another 32 turns

Quote Originally Posted by Chasem5657 View Post
    Hey Man i have this issue too. I think it may be Turn 32 for me as-well do you have an answer ? but the Minute it crashes I can just load the game again and have another 32 turns
    What year is it when you experience your first crash?

Default Re: Crashing Too Much -- Back to 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I love what you guys do. No complaints. But its propably my PC or something. I truly hate to let this go. Do I have to delete everything or can I just get back to 3.5? How?
    Dave
    Wipe and reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by Railin12 View Post
    What year is it when you experience your first crash?
    The First Crash was Around 1876 then Tonight it was around 1877 the game crashed early for me today usually I get around 20 min of playing time before anything happens and Ideas ? or Suggestions ? thanks

Your first crash was 1876? Holy Smokes I usually don't get past 1867 by that time though I am getting wrecked. When it crashes does it stutter the music goes in and out, and when you end a turn?

No It just literately crashes and says Empire Total War has stopped working

I think the campaign crashes have something do to with Navy ships, units movement or files or anything that involves navy... I don't know, I am not the expert but I will briefly share what I have experienced and noticed: I have played two short-test campaigns and experienced campaign crashes at random, turn 17, 24. Both of them happening at the end of the turn, when AI makes it moves. Crash happens right after chopped, broken audio file... basically whenever I make moves with my Navy (playing as CS) AI starts to move its navy, chase, battle etc. after just few turns the game crashes always at the same, described moment. At the other hand, if I do not move (do anything with my navy) everything is stale and quite on the see, I am able to continue to play/fight on the ground with no issues.
    I have started a new campaign and I am currently at turn 31 (I make multiple saves and pick up and continue few turns before the crash) but already had two of those campaign crashes including one just last night ... again, I have not moved my few ships for longer time, right after I have decided to "pirate" US trade route, the US navy chased me away, then ended the turn and boom! the crash with the same message: "Empire Total War has stopped working"

BTW. All my ground troops, even at the beginning of every campaign, when I click on them - they always respond like fleet "fleet ready, I I captain, etc. etc. and favorite "we are a fleet not an army"

So, this is what I have noticed. Anyone experiencing same, similar issues? Do you use navy? do you still experience campaign crashes?

your save file are corrupt and now all your data belongs to us

Miles

Default Crashing Problem

Sorry about this.Whenever I try to start up a campaign or battle the loading screen crashes.The version is 3 5,I tried to lower battle setting,campaign difficulty,graphic settings but it still happens.Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Default Re: Crashing Problem

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPerson2000 View Post
    Sorry about this.Whenever I try to start up a campaign or battle the loading screen crashes.The version is 3 5,I tried to lower battle setting,campaign difficulty,graphic settings but it still happens.Does anyone know how to solve this problem.
    Not enough info, uninstall reinstall

Miles

Solved it