Thread: Priests from BI to RTW

Default Priests from BI to RTW

I wanted to add some sort of priest unit to RTW from BI, but with a difference. The chant animation (where they look up and wiggle around) will be the attacking/firing animation. I want to end up with a sort of fantasy magic unit. How would I go about doing this? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm not too experienced as to what sort of modding this comes under.

EDIT - ah, fixed it myself. I found export_skeleton, so I'll make a new one and give it that (remembering to copy paste any BI new ones). However, how/where would I define which projectile to fire?
    Last edited by rich19; November 03, 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Ordinarius

Default Re: Priests from BI to RTW

Priests don't fire projectiles? Isn't it easier to grab a Archer unit and reskin him to a Priest and coding that unit to a priest? (man, that doesn't even sound that stupid... )

Dunno really. I wanted this guy to do the chant animation where he looks up and says his stuff, and then (for example) a flaming onager rock comes down and kills a load of guys. I was thinking I could edit things like fire bones later.

It appears editing descr_skeleton doesn't work... I get an error saying it can't find the skeleton, even though an entry is quite clearly there in descr_skeleton. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?