Thread: What is Cient?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Default What is Cient?

At the beginning of each game, I receive the "faction destroyed" message about Cient - what faction was that, and why are they destroyed before the first turn?

Default Re: What is Cient?

Ceint - is where the county of Kent is derived from. It is the fabled "Saxon Shore." The faction was the Kingdom of Ceint, and they fell because of the Saxon/Jute incursion. Or as Legend has it they were invited by Vortigern to stay in return for their aid as federati against the Picts and the Gaels. Hope that explains it. I know Riothamus and others know a bit more but I gave you a bit of the Cliff Notes' version.

Look up "Night of the Long Knives" this is where it happened.

Default Re: What is Cient?

IB2 Conquestus Britianniae depicts the faction of Ceint as one of the first regions to fall in Britain(not necessarily conquered) The game also depicts Vortigern as having several political intermarriages with British factions that also includes the Jutes. Vortigern also has sons from these family trees This can be seen in those faction family trees. Vortigern dies at the games start thus setting off things in motion for a historical push off as we see it.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 31, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod