Thread: No AA in Shogun 2?

Default No AA in Shogun 2?

I took a long hiatus from Shogun 2 a while back like a long, long time ago CA released some patch or something that screwed up the mouse in Shogun 2 so that the position shown doesn't match where the game thinks it is. So I stopped playing, came back recently after realizing the mouse problem only occurs in DX11 only to find out that Tesselation and AA are disabled in DX11 and 9. So I tried uninstalling Darthmod thinking it might have corrupted something, no good. I then tried switching to DX9 mode as that was the mode I planned on playing anyway, still disabled. I don't know what else to try and frankly I am getting frustrated with the game already. AA and Tesselation worked fine before now whats the problem?

Currently reinstalling maybe the game installation got messed up somehow.
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; October 30, 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: No AA in Shogun 2?

I'm having the exact same problem, iv tried uninstalling Direct X and reinstalling and i made sure my GFX drives where fully updated. I've never had this problem with Shogan 2 before, i was able to run the game with DX11 no problem when i last played it 6 or so months ago.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The game has not been updated since the optimized.pack for six months before Rome2's release.

So I'm guessing what ever they did in that may well be whats screwing up Dx11 for me ?

I don't have a clue. I loaded up Shogun2 last Thursday local time and it was still dx11.

Well according to everything in the preferences Shogan 2 thinks in in Dx 11 as well it just won't enable the options related to it, its not a massive problem game still looks fine anyway just mildly annoying.

I just checked AA options and it's either MLAA or None. I have an AMD HD6770 1gb card, too.

Iv got an HD 7870, well i guess its on CA's front cause nothing in my machine has changed since i last played, as far as i know.

At this point I do agree with you. I should get at least 4x even if it lags.