Thread: Forum Introduction

Icon6 Forum Introduction

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here at twcenter forums. I'm from Ireland and have been a big fan of RTS since the original Command and Conquer game. The last game I really was into was AOE III, which I played online and thoroughly enjoyed. I took a break from computer games in 2009 and didn't buy again until the summer of 2014, when I finally got around to buying Medieval TW2. I would have loved to buy the game back in the day, when it originally came out but my PC at the timer couldn't handle it. I bought a new laptop this summer and thankfully it runs MTW2 like a dream.

I absolutely love MTW2 and Kingdoms, the depth is great. I've played the campaign a number of times, I found the Byzantines to be the biggest challenge so far. I'm wondering are the Turks or the HRE equally tough? Where do people rank the most difficult campaigns?
    With Kingdoms I'm currently playing as the Byz...finding it a bit of a walk over, they have such a strong starting position and huge room to expand with. They also seem to be a financial giant as well. I tried a campaign with the KoJ and found it to be serious fun and a serious challenge. The Crusades would be the period of history I'm most interested in and trying to alter the way things went historically...great craic as we say here in Ireland!

I've been lurking about here for a few weeks and came across Broken Crescent, I think this will be the first mod I try out. I've never installed a mod before, so I'm unsure which version I need to install 2.3, 2.3.2??? Could someone direct me to a fool proof guide of how to install the correct version? I'd be much obliged =)

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Forum Introduction

Hi and welcome to the forums
    It's not that difficult to pick a version of your favourite mod.First download and install the 2.3 version,then download the 2.3.2 patch,and if you want,download the 2.3.2.2 quickfix.You actually need only the Broken Crescent 2.3 to play,but I would advise you to have the mod up-to-date by downloading the 2.3.2 patch and the quickfix.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forums
    It's not that difficult to pick a version of your favourite mod.First download and install the 2.3 version,then download the 2.3.2 patch,and if you want,download the 2.3.2.2 quickfix.You actually need only the Broken Crescent 2.3 to play,but I would advise you to have the mod up-to-date by downloading the 2.3.2 patch and the quickfix.
    I couldn't resist and started into a 2.3 game straight away! Broken crescent should come with a health warning ;P

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Oh well.Enjoy playing

Hey Donny, I'm new here too! I'm LaRoiBrunius!

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoiBrunius View Post
    Hey Donny, I'm new here too! I'm LaRoiBrunius!
    hiya,

are you playing MTW2 or one of the Mods?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I would recommend Thera Total War for you to try

Welcome, and I highly recommend Staliness Steel. Try it once you are quite used to vanilla (game without modding, as we call around here).

hiya,

are you playing MTW2 or one of the Mods?
    Yeah, I play M2TW! I bought it a month ago from the Steam Total War sale lol