Thread: Pike's 3 turns per Year

Default Pike's 3 turns per Year

3 Turns per Year
    Version 2.2.1b ONLY

Installation Instructions
    Download
    Step 1: Save the original startpos file (wherever you want).
    Step 2: Place the file into the ...data/campaign/imperial_splendour folder. (when it ask you to over right, click "yes")

Feature and Issues
    You will have three turns per year: Two summers and 1 winter.
    This may cause balancing issues. Please let us know.

Thanks

Imperial Splendour Development Team

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Pike's 3 turns per Year

So mate after playing 25 turns, these are my observations:

- The campaign AI works pretty much like in the 2tpy version. The same wars/and alliances as in 2tpy
    - Therefore the balancing seems to be much like in the 2tpy version (so far)
    - The recruitment and building times seem to be the same as in 2tpy which probably should be modified (increased) to harmonize with 3tpy
    - Election turns are the same as in 2tpy, this should also be increased to harmonize with 2tpy

All in all, it works like a charm so far, no crashes, glitches or other problems so far.

I love it. IS with 3tpy is perfect

I'll keep you updated after another 50 turns or so.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

I'm a 100 turns into the campaign now. Everything working well, the only glitches are the above mentioned.

I am making economic adjustments as well. This has cause me to speed up working on the CAI. As you know it is our goal to have each faction be unique; not just as a player but in the way the CAI behaves as well. I can really speed up the process if I have another person testing as well. That is, if you are interested.

I'm using 3TPY, and it's really helpful in not getting my ass kicked as one of the greater Western powers during the War of the Spanish Succession due to the extra time to build an economy. I haven't encountered any glitches so far.

Default Re: Pike's 3 turns per Year [Request help with 4tpy]

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    So mate after playing 25 turns, these are my observations:

- The campaign AI works pretty much like in the 2tpy version. The same wars/and alliances as in 2tpy
    - Therefore the balancing seems to be much like in the 2tpy version (so far)
    - The recruitment and building times seem to be the same as in 2tpy which probably should be modified (increased) to harmonize with 3tpy
    - Election turns are the same as in 2tpy, this should also be increased to harmonize with 2tpy

All in all, it works like a charm so far, no crashes, glitches or other problems so far.

I love it. IS with 3tpy is perfect

I'll keep you updated after another 50 turns or so.

Can anyone make a startpos esf for a 4 tpy i have gone through all the DBs as far as recruitment times, building times, and research times and changed the values to fit a 4 tpy version of IS however whenever i change the startpos on the Campaign calendar with a 4 in the first line , the Date line below goes blank and i get an error message that my code was wrong?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Is this mod for Imperial Splendour & Imperial Splendour - Rise of the Republic?
    Leicestershire

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    Is this mod for Imperial Splendour & Imperial Splendour - Rise of the Republic?
    No it isn't only for 2.2.1b. However if you are interested in such a submod reducing the TPY for RotR I could provide one for the next update.

Don't forget to vote for the 2018 Modding Awards!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

this is not working for me, same goes with the 6 turns per year, hoping to have someone help me out with this

Please help me out with this, I really like playing IS over RoR, but I need more turns per year.
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 13, 2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

anyone willing to help