Thread: Sebidee's Gallic Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Sebidee's Gallic Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Gallic Roster Expansion

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=333690663

Hi guys, sorry for the long wait between mods. I've got a new one, this time for the Gallic factions - the Arverni, Boii, Galatia, Nervii and Tylis. This mod is BIG and adds 61 new units to the game, as well as further expanding each roster by sharing around some of the normal Gallic units. This expansion also uses features from my old mods such as throwing axes, head throwers and the Thracian Sica.

But first, I need to say thank you to everyone who helped out on this mod. Marshall of France, Rex Imperator and The Chocolate Jesus for their research and suggestions. Hloeric for his beautiful new chainmail texture, The Night Hunter for some excellent unit cards and Noble Lancer for his thorough balance testing.

Vanilla Units
    This mod utilises several vanilla units and spreads them around the various Gallic factions. In the base game uniqueness is made by removing certain units rather than adding them. Instead I have decided that each of the factions should have access to basic units such as Celtic Bowmen, Axemen, Raiding Cavalry, Gallic Hunters and War Dogs. I have also created two more common units to add to this list, Ambushers and Shield Brothers.

The real variety in this mod comes from the unique units added to each roster, designed to make all five factions distinct in their own way, with a recognisable playstyle and character. The list is too long to include here so I will sumarise each faction.

Arverni
    The Arverni have received 16 new units and have been made unique by adding units which show off their advanced civilisation and wealth. The Arverni were masters of Gaul and as such they have been given more elite heavy infantry and powerful cavalry. They have also been given a full 'Roman style' upgrade path for their Celtic Warriors. New units include Gergovian Nobles, Verrix Spearmen, Rutini Swordsmen, Oppidum Warriors and Heroic Riders.

Boii
    The Boii have had their roster expanded by 17 units, with several new naked units and ambushers that showcase their historical ferocity and tactics. They also have recieved improved Axemen and several historical allies such as the Cimbri, Insubres, Taurisci and Gaesetae. New units include Gaesetae Swordsmen, Boii Headhunters, Boii Axemen, Cattle Raiders and Gaesetae Fanatics.

Galatia
    Galatia get 18 new units and have been made unique with a balanced and varied roster as well as several Eastern influenced units and native Anatolian allies. Galatia have also gotten a new 'Roman' reskin for their Galatian Legionaires that really make them deserving of the name. Several of the Galatian warriors in each unit will also sport Eastern elements in their armour - their spoils of war. New units include Galatian Royal Swordsmen, Tetrarch Cavalry, Cappadocian Horse Archers, Tromci Spearmen and Galatian Chariots.

Nervii
    The Nervii have recieved 18 new units, mainly showcasing their barbarism, ferocity and use of shock tactics. Their warriors show their bravery with limed hair, body paint and a general distain for heavy body armour. They also enlist the help of several allies from Belgica and the Rhine. New units include Nervii Fanatics, Taramanos Cavalry, Batavian Axemen, Nervii Champtions and Belgae Spearmen.

Tylis
    Tylis get 18 new units, and have been made unique by showing several Greek and Thracian influences. Tylis was the result of a failed Gallic invasion of Greece, but the warriors found plenty of loot. Warriors in each unit can be seen wearing pieces of Greek armour and wielding Thracian Swords. They are also aided by several Gallo-Thracian tribes and even the Thracians themselves. New units include Prausi Spearmen, Tylisian Wild Men, Serdi Cavalry, Thracian Peltasts, Trimacarsia Cavalry and Anianian Hoplites - men of a Greek polis exiled from their homeland after siding with the Gauls during the invasion.

Thank you for reading. The next mod will expand Carthage, the Arevaci and the Lusitani. to give us your ideas on new and interesting units to add to them please visit our suggestion thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-and-Iberians

Thank you! I hope you enjoy, leave a rating and a comment

Thanks and happy modding!

- Sebidee

And some of my favourites from the mod

Last edited by Sebidee; October 29, 2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Default Re: Sebidee's Gallic Roster Expansion

For non-steam download?

Genava's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Sebidee's Gallic Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Unit Roster Overhaul

A complete overhaul of each faction's unit roster, this mod adds hundreds of new units, makes changes to existing ones and does so with the aim of improving variety, gameplay and historical accuracy.

historical accuracy...

accuracy:
    the condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; freedom from error or defect; precision or exactness; correctness.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU