Thread: anyone know which mod this is?

ShogunVET's Avatar Foederatus

Default anyone know which mod this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KiCZDq_C4
    it's pike and shot era so........ anyone?

Default Re: anyone know which mod this is?

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunVET View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KiCZDq_C4
    it's pike and shot era so........ anyone?
    I have no idea, but it looks gorgeous.

The technology is a bit obsolete snce we're looking at almost a century before the time of the game. But it would still be useful for the Two Towers sidemod.

Gigantus, Geoffery, if you're still interested, you might want to look at this.

The video is in Hungarian, so you could search around in http://twonline.hu/. If the mod's not here though, it's probably not translated.

It is not a mod. The units were never released. They were apparently only made for this video. As far as I am aware, some different Hungarian units by the same unit maker were released as an alternative to the vanilla units in a Magyar mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    It is not a mod. The units were never released. They were apparently only made for this video. As far as I am aware, some different Hungarian units by the same unit maker were released as an alternative to the vanilla units in a Magyar mod.
    Thanks for the answer. Seems like a sad missed opportunity, though.

I'd plus rep you again, but I am apparently not allowed to do that juuuust yet.

You can rep me, since I got the answer.

Also, the units weren't made just for the video. They were going to be released, but the mod creators had an argument so now they've broken up without finishing the roster.
    Last edited by k/t; October 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You can rep me, since I got the answer.

Also, the units weren't made just for the video. They were going to be released, but the mod creators had an argument so now they've broken up without finishing the roster.
    That was what I was planning to do. Thanks for the reminder.

Still, it's a shame.

Talk to dome and Csatadi about it. Try to persuade them. Tell them that only women allow personal issues to get in the way of cooperation that leads to something great. Tell them they're the best units ever, that they're modelling geniuses, that you love Hungarians and hate Turks, that you have cancer and want to play with the units before you die, whatever. If we all pester them, we might yet squeeze those units out of them.

But I am always an optimist.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Guys, these units aren't suitable for the 17th century.
    Anyway ask dome (by e-mail) if you want permission.

But it's very easy to make Hungarian and Balkan units from OIM2 units. I did it for my mod. Some old pictures.

Thanks for the suggestion Csatadi. OIM2 units seem to be popular.

Certainly those units in your video-clip were fabulous looking.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Talk to dome and Csatadi about it. Try to persuade them. Tell them that only women allow personal issues to get in the way of cooperation that leads to something great. Tell them they're the best units ever, that they're modelling geniuses, that you love Hungarians and hate Turks, that you have cancer and want to play with the units before you die, whatever. If we all pester them, we might yet squeeze those units out of them.

But I am always an optimist.
    Say that you have ebola and will visit them if they don't release.