Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Update v1.0 beta - info leaks and sneak peaks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Next Update v0.601 Hotfix

temporarily removed the file due to an issue with a late change that was made. will have it up again later today

Once I download the file where do I place the file on my computer?

I use the Steam version and I noticed you said NOT to have the steam VV mod enabled. Does the hotfix contain the entire mod?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni View Post
    Once I download the file where do I place the file on my computer?

I use the Steam version and I noticed you said NOT to have the steam VV mod enabled. Does the hotfix contain the entire mod?
    firstly, wait till the new version is up before downloading it. It is currently 31% uploaded

This hotfix contains the entire mod except the vfx module which is seperate.

Hey,

I tried this mod briefly as well as DEI. This appears more historical in some areas but less in others. I read about how the battles are really good in this mod but then I jumped into custom battle Marian Rome vs Suebi on hard difficulty.
    It's impossible for the suebi to hold their own line? I put the mose expensive suebi units in the roster, but they were considerably cheap anyway ? (400 - 700) I couldn't route a roman cohort other than by encircling them with 4 youths and 4 archers. Noble horses (or mod equivalent) did no damage whatsoever when charging a cohort... literally not one dead roman On the other hand I've seen some lesser horse riders their pants and run with less then 5% casualties when attacked in rear. what gives?

Also some other things I noticed were that I was allowed to place as many preatorian cohorts in as i wanted and the legionaries had more then just 2 pila. What I liked in DEI was that preatorians were listed as a generals unit only and each soldier had 2 pila to throw and that was it. But I disliked the flat and not very fun nature of DEI battles.

My question is will these things get looked at? Are the legionaries supposed to be super human and are any other units supposed to rout right after somebody attacks from the flank?

thanks and I don't mean no disrespect, the units are pretty awesome as is the reworked clean UI.

badger

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Hey,

I tried this mod briefly as well as DEI. This appears more historical in some areas but less in others. I read about how the battles are really good in this mod but then I jumped into custom battle Marian Rome vs Suebi on hard difficulty.
    It's impossible for the suebi to hold their own line? I put the mose expensive suebi units in the roster, but they were considerably cheap anyway ? (400 - 700) I couldn't route a roman cohort other than by encircling them with 4 youths and 4 archers. Noble horses (or mod equivalent) did no damage whatsoever when charging a cohort... literally not one dead roman On the other hand I've seen some lesser horse riders their pants and run with less then 5% casualties when attacked in rear. what gives?

Also some other things I noticed were that I was allowed to place as many preatorian cohorts in as i wanted and the legionaries had more then just 2 pila. What I liked in DEI was that preatorians were listed as a generals unit only and each soldier had 2 pila to throw and that was it. But I disliked the flat and not very fun nature of DEI battles.

My question is will these things get looked at? Are the legionaries supposed to be super human and are any other units supposed to rout right after somebody attacks from the flank?

thanks and I don't mean no disrespect, the units are pretty awesome as is the reworked clean UI.

badger
    Firstly, the recommended battle difficulty level is normal. Battle difficulty bonuses are hard-coded so with our lower average stats than vanilla the bonuses the AI will get will be more noticeable.

Multiplayer/Custom battles is something still yet to be addressed and will likely see many changes in future updates. We will also likely add multiplayer unit caps.

There is a major difference between the armour of the roman cohorts and the heaviest germanic unit (the general units) 87 vs 51 (81 vs 51 in the upcoming hotfix).

Currently the battles are very near to where we want them but we will continue to fine tune our stats in future updates.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Steam?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Hey,

badger
    Try to play on normal.

Every faction can win to other. Romans are very heavy infantry...the best heavy infantry of the ancient times...but are expensive.

With the denarii that you use recruiting these legionaries...and the upkeep...you can recruit 3/2 times number of units of others cheap factions. Like iberians (for example...the more i played). Then you can overhelming these romans by numbers....but be aware...if you begin to loose ground...i hope you have your general near.

Your horse riders may be they fight too far from your command units?..attacked from the rear??...outnumbered?....well i dont.

Always some tweak is needed and magnar its the best one with their spredsheets

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Steam?
    This version is a wip version to help us get more feedback on the changes we've made. When we are happy with where it is at it will be fully released on steam, moddb and the main thread's download links.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ok the pack is up now. DL from the OP of this thread.

Nice !

Save from Hotfix beta will be save compatible with hotfix final i guess?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by generalgui View Post
    Nice !

Save from Hotfix beta will be save compatible with hotfix final i guess?
    It should be, unless there is something we need to fix with the startpos.

Great, thanks a lot for sharing this!

Bugs:

- (Fo sure, some one already told it, but any way) When i move mouse on garrison in city - note dont show up. Syracusae, Karalis, Alalia and i think most of the cities where was 20 garrison.

Sorry cant add my msg. Its fine. After first turn.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TraxTebeDox View Post
    Great, thanks a lot for sharing this!

Bugs:

- (Fo sure, some one already told it, but any way) When i move mouse on garrison in city - note dont show up. Syracusae, Karalis, Alalia and i think most of the cities where was 20 garrison.
    Are you using the hotfix pack? or the current release pack? The 20 unit garrisons are removed with the hotfix pack but not the release pack.

Hovering over a city garrison you dont control or have a spy/army near will show blank.

Ok, so the very first thing I noticed starting a new campaign as Egypt....all of my religious buildings are Hellenic. Obviously, this is a game killer as Egypt is I'm getting rid of my Egyptian culture everytime I build a religious building. I'll be fighting culture revolts nonstop. Just FYI.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ok, so the very first thing I noticed starting a new campaign as Egypt....all of my religious buildings are Hellenic. Obviously, this is a game killer as Egypt is I'm getting rid of my Egyptian culture everytime I build a religious building. I'll be fighting culture revolts nonstop. Just FYI.
    You are playing as Ptolemy who have hellenic culture and their buildings spread hellenic culture. The local population on the other hand is Egyptian so there will be problems controlling the local population yes, as there were historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    You are playing as Ptolemy who have hellenic culture and their buildings spread hellenic culture. The local population on the other hand is Egyptian so there will be problems controlling the local population yes, as there were historically.
    Ah..I see.

FYI...Still seeing quite a few armies that are 75-80% slingers/archers. Very first battle against Cyrene they had a 20 stack force attack Alexandria. General was a Cav unit, 4 Egyptian warrior units, 15 slinger units.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ah..I see.

FYI...Still seeing quite a few armies that are 75-80% slingers/archers. Very first battle against Cyrene they had a 20 stack force attack Alexandria. General was a Cav unit, 4 Egyptian warrior units, 15 slinger units.
    Cheers, will see what can be done about getting Cyrene to build better armies for the next wip hotfix version.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Just did change/tweak/fix number 100 for the hotfix update to come.

Decanus

I forgot to mention that my shield wall formation for the few factions I had played was producing reduced melee stats.