Thread: Pilum throwing problem and CTD

Default Pilum throwing problem and CTD

Any and all:

I love the idea of this great mod but can't get beyond this crash. Every time my romans set back to THROW their spiculums (sp?)the game locks and I get a message "Whoops what a mess!" and crash to desktop. I thought it MIGHT be sound related, but can't see the log at all. I have them set at guard and fire at will.

I have re-downloaded twice and followed every instruction for installing to the letter. This bug works in campaign and in custom battles.

I have searched the bug thread here and while it is mentioned it doesn't look resolved.

This bug reminds me of that dwarven axe throwing bug in Third Age mod a few years ago.

Any help appreciated! I doubt its any cpu issue really because all other mods/etc work fine and, in fact, this one does too in campaign mode.

Richard Gaines

Default Re: Pilum throwing problem and CTD

This kind of failure is possible if you are renaming the name of the folder or alter the path, you should check the name if you changed it, than change it back.
    If you are not sure if you have the right folder name, than go to the desr_projectile.txt file and check this area:

projectile plumbata

damage 0
    radius 0
    mass 0.05
    accuracy_vs_units 0.03
    min_angle -60
    max_angle 70
    velocity 30
    display aimed
    model mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/models_missile/missile_martiobarbuli_high.cas, 40
    model mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/models_missile/missile_martiobarbuli_high.cas, max

projectile spiculum

damage 0
    radius 0
    mass 0.05
    accuracy_vs_units 0.03
    min_angle -60
    max_angle 70
    velocity 30
    display aimed invert_model_z
    model mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/models_missile/missile_spiculum_high.cas, 40
    model mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/models_missile/missile_spiculum_high.cas, max

this is just a example of my file, but you can see that the models uses a certain path.
    Last edited by darthxeion; October 28, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Default Re: Pilum throwing problem and CTD

Darth
    Thanks that is clearly it I need to go figure out the alternate ways to start the mod now without changing the name of the folder (the old easy way). Thanks!!!!