Thread: What Makes This Mod Stand-Out?

Default What Makes This Mod Stand-Out?

Good morning:

I just started playing this game again recently and was using the Platinum DarthMOD (its all I've ever used with this game) and while looking something up, I came across the description for this MOD and I'm curious to know what's different between this and DarthMod? DarthMod was all about changing AI on the battlefield but sometimes seemed lacking on the campaign map and tried to make up for it by giving a ridicoulous amount of money at the start. Anyway, please try to "sell this mod" to me so that I can make a good decision. Thank you!

Artifex

Default Re: What Makes This Mod Stand-Out?

Empire Realism has:
    - the best combat mechanics
    - an improved AI
    - historically correct units and descriptions
    - unit caps (which can solve some crash issues in long-lasting campaigns)
    - reworked building effects and tech tree
    - improved military and naval fleets
    - it's a lightweight mod
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; November 02, 2014 at 09:00 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Default Re: What Makes This Mod Stand-Out?

Empire Realism is quite simply much more focused on realism aspects on both battles and campaign maps. It lacks visual spectacle, flair and is quite bare-bones when compared to other mods, but it also offers very tactical gameplay with more focus on planning and maintaining good formation as a whole. Units can break at drop of a hat if enough pressure is applied even if barely any casualties are inflicted, even single cavalry unit in the right spot at flank or rear can rout other half of a line in right circumstances, melee when it happens is absolutely brutal and brief (though engine limitations do come into play as well) and it allows proper decisive actions with proper concentration of forces in the right spot without turning into massive melee blob of annihilation that lasts for five minutes, but probably into mass rout on contact instead etc.

It is bit taxing and quite demanding from the user as well, since simple mistakes can come back to bite hard and one has to manage their finances very carefully. Early in the game even 14 to 16 unit stack is very large army, and due unit caps sticking only to full stacks usually means less resources elsewhere, which becomes more pronounced when it comes to colonial affairs.
    Last edited by Mjarr; November 05, 2014 at 06:09 AM.