Thread: Passive campaign AI

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi, It's the second time I play a R&P campaign and both times I felt the ai is way too passive on the campaign map, have you feel the same?
    I mean, I don't remember a single time the AI attacked/invaded me, and they just sit there waiting tl get their asses kicked.

both times I've played with Byzantium, and I can share my experiencd in both campaigns:

On the first one, I've played over 100 turns, conquering much of Turkey and reducing them to a vassal state, without them getting their hands dirty, not even a maradauring army. They happily accepted most (if not all) my demands. While this isn't bad per se, I did expect some resistance from Byzantines' nemesis. Then, I lauched and invasion to the kingdom of sicily, and I was able to take Brindisi I believe and Naples. To be honest,y army wasn't even that big. (maybe a half stack or more but not more than one army) and they didn't attack me. I then engaged in diplomatic talks, and don't remember what we agreed.
    I was at war at some point with Venice, Sicily, various muslim states and the cuman khanate. Not even a raid I remember.

My current campaign isn't different the turks, not even tried to take any settlement and looked for peace. I demanded to give me Iconium and they agreed. Sorry It was Caesarea not Iconium. nevertheless I was amazed since I didn't believe they were going to accept, as the treaty status was 'very demaning". So, in resume, I've played 20+ turns and I've only fought rebels.

does it matter I am the greatest nation of the game? I really dodn't understand medieval 2 gameplay on this regard, since I'm not used to it for I usually play rtw instead.
    Difficulty was m/m or h/m for the first campaign and vh/m for the second one
    Last edited by Metaluis90; October 28, 2014 at 09:11 AM.
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Passive campaign AI

In 10+ campaigns I think I've seen the Turks cross the Bosphoros once. I think they have only taken regions in the Levant three or four times usually using a Jihad. It seems though that Venice loves declaring war on Byzantium tough.

I have been making edits to the game and playing the same faction the same way for each change, Mali, because how far it is away from any ai action. This mod has had so many other problems that I have not given the passive ai any thought as of yet.