View Poll Results: Where would you like your tax dollars to go?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agricultural Development

1 6.25%
  • Corporate Subsidies

0 0%
  • Energy Development & Explotation

2 12.50%
  • Foreign Aid: To Select Allies (i.e. Israel, South Korea, etc.)

1 6.25%
  • Foreign Aid: To Other Countries

1 6.25%
  • Infrastructure & Transportation

8 50.00%
  • Medical Research

6 37.50%
  • Military: Defense of the Nation & Allies

3 18.75%
  • Military: Expeditions Abroad (i.e. Iraq War)

1 6.25%
  • NASA & Space Exploration

8 50.00%
  • Welfare: For those who truly need it.

4 25.00%
  • Welfare: For everyone (i.e. Social Security, socialized medicine, etc.)

2 12.50%
  • Other / No Taxes Whatsoever / Don't Care

3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What do you want your federal tax dollars to be spent on the most?

Default What do you want your federal tax dollars to be spent on the most?

Just out of curiosity, where would you like your federal tax dollars to go? And where would you like them to go the most?
    Last edited by Nakura; October 28, 2014 at 01:54 AM.

Default Re: What do you want your federal tax dollars to be spent on the most?

I'm not an american so i did not answer the poll.
    But for what i know, i'd say that investment really needs to me made regarding infrastructure.

Its a misleading poll. Essentially you are creating a false choice because you are forcing people to answer only one answer of the poll when in reality several things on the poll (or even all of them) could be equally important to a person.

Its also not entirely clear what you are asking.

You could be asking where should the most absolute amount of tax dollars be spent?

Or you could be asking what is the most important function to spend tax dollars on?

The answers could be very different. For instance, someone might be believe the most important thing to spend tax dollars on is welfare for the needy but the most tax dollars in an absolute amount should be spent on military.
    Last edited by chilon; October 28, 2014 at 04:36 AM.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Its a misleading poll. Essentially you are creating a false choice because you are forcing people to answer only one answer of the poll when in reality several things on the poll (or even all of them) could be equally important to a person.

Its also not entirely clear what you are asking.

You could be asking where should the most absolute amount of tax dollars be spent?

Or you could be asking what is the most important function to spend tax dollars on?

The answers could be very different. For instance, someone might be believe the most important thing to spend tax dollars on is welfare for the needy but the most tax dollars in an absolute amount should be spent on military.
    You can vote for multiple options?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicov55 View Post
    I'm not an american so i did not answer the poll.
    But for what i know, i'd say that investment really needs to me made regarding infrastructure.
    I purposely left the poll nation-neutral so that anyone can vote in it

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

No paying down debt option?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Screw this planet. It's too late. Funding Terraforming on other planets is the only viable option.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

I take it this thread is mostly designed for USA? The end of this country will be more due to the crumbling infrastructure than any other reason.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    I imagine that this would be a given. Though I didn't include the option, because I wanted this to be more of a philosophical question.

Education, but that's not one of the options, unless it's supposed to be included with Infrastructure.
    I don't necessarily mean teachers' salaries, though I think some of them are underpaid given what they need to do and how schools can often be targeted for shootings these days, but updated material and training, and reliable but not necessarily the most fancy updated tech.

Personally it's really not so much what they should be spent on, but whether they are being spent wisely. I'd like education to get more funding, but not if it's done in very ineffective methods like hiring unreliable contractors or teachers get iPads for their classrooms.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What, no education?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Lend more or we'll default on all debt and destroy you.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Other - ubiquitous justice
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura View Post
    I imagine that this would be a given. Though I didn't include the option, because I wanted this to be more of a philosophical question.
    You assume it to be a given but it certainly isn't a given in politics in the present day, furthermore it is philosophically politically relevant to run a balanced budget.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Lend more or we'll default on all debt and destroy you.
    Lol , certainly.
    All those Europeans and myriad others who are satisfied with the idea of American waitresses and janitors leading vain lives of quiet desperation to save the world .

Sounds good to me.

Pay it down to what point?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

How about at the very least, the very least, no structural deficit when not in recession and a pleasant goal and certainly a safe one would be no more than 50% of GDP. The level of sustainable debt can reasonably determined by looking at its surplus and its current policies. The USA is bad on both counts, current policies show no sign of slowing spending growth and unfunded liabilities rise year on year and it has no surplus and it has 100%+ debt to GDP.

subsiding illegal immigration option